REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Shitty experience with Mr Shine on Marine

So brought in my 00' Corolla, yes nothing fancy but it needed a wash had a buytopia coupon for 11 dollars that includes a exterior hand wash and full interior clean.

At first it seemed like a decent place considering there was a line of Benzs waiting to get their car washed. Their guarantee on their site

"Whether you drive a family car, van, SUV, one of a kind beauty, truck or fleet… We cater to all makes and models and give the same care to EVERY car that goes through our lot! We have all the right equipment to get the job done, efficiently and with safety as our top priority!"

pretty much complete opposite.. was barely any soap on the car during the wash and it was just repetitive use of the same water from other cars from the same day. Compared to this Benz behind me which got fresh soap, fresh water, full coverage of the car with the soap and spent much more time on the exterior clean.

After having a rinse off, I sat waiting for detailing station to take over which took over 10 minutes so pretty much water marks were left over the, no biggie but when the interior was to be cleaned, pretty much did a quick vacuum, chucked my mats across the room to be hosed off and placed the wet mats back into the car, after that did just a quick wipe over the dash and highly visible areas and the windows and threw away 2 pop cans.

So after paid for everything, a quick look everything seemed fairly clean [my dumbass fault for not inspecting everything before leaving] I'm driving down marine drive to realize the little fuckers who cleaned the interior flipped my air freshener upside down to allow the fragrance to drip onto my deck along with most of the fluid gone out of the bottle to be on my steering wheel; wiped all over. The door jams were also not wiped down as a explanation of what is to be done in your interior cleaning that was posted inside the customer lounge. Pieces of paper and a few wrappers were all shoved into my center console. Pretty much almost nothing was done. In comparison to a benz beside my car, they absolutely put a great amount of care into working on their car, before mine was done I was actually impressed that the cars looked pretty well done.

Overall I absolutely regret tipping them, nonetheless spending money on their coupon. Should've did everything myself. Although it is partially my fault for not checking before I left but a "known" car wash should be expected to do their jobs properly and the customer should not be required to check over their work like their moms, but it was pretty douchey to have flipped my air freshener over and have the fluids wiped onto my steering wheel.

Has anyone experienced such shitty service from this location?
Advertisement

Last edited by yot065; 03-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
yot065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Bro I had the exact same experience. Just fckin pissed off when they put wet mats in my car. No tire shine,still shit on windshield. I know they where busy thou but who gives a shiiitz we are customer gotta respect us. Never going there again. Could have done it myself 10x better. such a waste of money.
punjabking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
You get what you paid for. A real false economy when you could have spent next to nothing to do it yourself and have done a better job. I'm sure you have the time to do it too...

I'd never trust anyone with my car, whether a brand new Merc or a beater
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I don't trust any autospa or car wash place out there, aside from my own buddies whom I have seen their work
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
You get what you paid for. A real false economy when you could have spent next to nothing to do it yourself and have done a better job. I'm sure you have the time to do it too...

I'd never trust anyone with my car, whether a brand new Merc or a beater
yeah... absolutely regret it now, but never tried something like this and i thought what could go wrong for 11 bucks...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_05TSX View Post
I don't trust any autospa or car wash place out there, aside from my own buddies whom I have seen their work
a friend of mine did a working interview for a autospa and they were quite demanding for quality of work, every rule/direction/precaution was taken to ensure there was no clear coat scratching :'( though this was obviously a better place then mr shine..
Old 03-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

ok people need to stop buying stupid car wash coupons..... there is a reason businesses resort to these coupons its because people dont go to them in the first place for good reason!!
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote