REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #26
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADEINJAPAN View Post
Thank you for your response yeah its a replica coming from bausauto and strafe automotive. They're both the "craze" on the Z forums and apparently the fitment itself is close to spot on. I'll look into the top secret diffuser but not digging the greddy sides? They were the top recommended ones on a Z motoring thread lol.
I like ings side over greddy. But greddy is nice too.
From experience. Even if everyone say it's good, you might get unlucky. I have amuse front and side on my 370z. EveryOne on 370z forum said the replica fitment is spot on. About 1/10 buyers had slight fitment problem. I was that 1/10... So it depends on luck. Btw amuse vestito for 370z side skirt hangs really low. I'm not sure if it's same for 350z
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Nismo 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TLer View Post
.....Remember to post pics of the final outcome!!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

And I have ings front and side for sale if interested
Posted via RS Mobile
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #29
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Something tells me the plastic bits are gonna cost a lot more than 2500 said and done. Fitment is probably going to be questionable. Will look really, really bad with stock wheels and stance as well.

If it was my car, I'd change up the stance and wheels and go for an OEM+ look. Simple lip spoiler, etc. BTW IMO that Amuse bumper looks terrible on the 350Z. Fits the lines of the 370Z a lot better, the way it was meant to be.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
you should talk to this guy Arash, he had some great design ideas for Z cars
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts

+

minus that rear wing
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
The whole thing was supposed to be done under $2500. vinyl, kit, and everything else with whatever money left over for wheels. and pretty aggressive, more or less to stand out. no lip I think I would like to keep the Ings+1 front bumper, if it comes down to it, I'd just stick to just getting the full ings+1 kit itself.

It's been mentioned but I'll say it again lol you should spend that $2500 on a nice set of wheels plus tires. Add a little to get some coils.

Don't do a bodykit yet!!!
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TLer View Post
It's your car, and you're on a tight budget, so do whatever that makes you happy. You are the one driving and getting in and out of your car anyways, so build something that you will actually feel excited when you get up every morning for your daily commute.

Sure sure, it may end up looking something like this, and we'll all have a good laugh at it.

But that hasn't stopped them, so it shouldn't stop you.

IMO, I agree with everyone else. This forum appreciates Stance > Rice, so the general opinion will be to go for suspension + wheels. Since you can't get the best of both worlds, then choose the one that holds higher value to you personally.

Remember to post pics of the final outcome!!
I think from this whole thread I kinda came to the realization that I'm more rice than stance lol. but your absolutely right going for both would be impossible with my current budget. I've always liked the idea of a nice set of wheels but even now I would never want to lower my car. The Z is way to low to start with already imo. I've always thought of getting bigger wheels cuz I thought it would raise the car =P. (idk if it actually does... haha)
MADEINJAPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #34

double post X_X
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #35

Quote:
I think from this whole thread I kinda came to the realization that I'm more rice than stance lol. but your absolutely right going for both would be impossible with my current budget. I've always liked the idea of a nice set of wheels but even now I would never want to lower my car. The Z is way to low to start with already imo. I've always thought of getting bigger wheels cuz I thought it would raise the car =P. (idk if it actually does... haha)
bigger wheels and lower profile tire = same size as stock.

anyway, do what you want with your car

First thing i did for my Z was to get a nice set of volks! And the coil andddddddd then did supporting mod.. I have full set of bodykit sitting in my garage, and those are the last thing that will go on. meh
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #36
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I think you should make this exact same thread on Zilvia.net
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo 1234 View Post
I like ings side over greddy. But greddy is nice too.
From experience. Even if everyone say it's good, you might get unlucky. I have amuse front and side on my 370z. EveryOne on 370z forum said the replica fitment is spot on. About 1/10 buyers had slight fitment problem. I was that 1/10... So it depends on luck. Btw amuse vestito for 370z side skirt hangs really low. I'm not sure if it's same for 350z
Posted via RS Mobile
I guess it would be weird if you were to get pieces from different kits to find that some are much lower than others... I think the vestito is too different to pair with anyways atm. And yeah I get what you mean about fitment b/c it is after market replica. I heard its esp bad for bigger higher volume companies that make replicas b/c they just keep using the same mold to the point where the fitment is so terrible that you have to saw off most of it and just pretty much make the piece yourself.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #38

Quote:
I guess it would be weird if you were to get pieces from different kits to find that some are much lower than others... I think the vestito is too different to pair with anyways atm. And yeah I get what you mean about fitment b/c it is after market replica. I heard its esp bad for bigger higher volume companies that make replicas b/c they just keep using the same mold to the point where the fitment is so terrible that you have to saw off most of it and just pretty much make the piece yourself.
one of the best combo i've seen for Z with mix-matched bodyparts are:

Nismo v2 front
Side
Chargespeed rear.

OR

ING front
ING side
Chargespeed rear.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Something tells me the plastic bits are gonna cost a lot more than 2500 said and done. Fitment is probably going to be questionable. Will look really, really bad with stock wheels and stance as well.

If it was my car, I'd change up the stance and wheels and go for an OEM+ look. Simple lip spoiler, etc. BTW IMO that Amuse bumper looks terrible on the 350Z. Fits the lines of the 370Z a lot better, the way it was meant to be.
Yeah thanks for the input. I think the idea of doing a amuse Z34 conversion to a Z33 wouldn't be the greatest. right now I negotiated a full ing+1 kit with shipping at about $1000. hopefully I can find some nice used wheels and figure out what I should do about stance,
Old 03-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post

+

minus that rear wing
Yeah saw those haha. I also heard that the kit itself is like one of the most expensive for 350z. like $10,000 or something. looks crazy though.
I really dig the fenders but I heard that a lot of cutting was involved so not so sure haha.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
you should talk to this guy Arash, he had some great design ideas for Z cars
lol nah

Last edited by MADEINJAPAN; 03-08-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I think you should make this exact same thread on Zilvia.net
Same as all the other Z forums? or different?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovo View Post
one of the best combo i've seen for Z with mix-matched bodyparts are:

Nismo v2 front
Side
Chargespeed rear.

OR

ING front
ING side
Chargespeed rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovo View Post
bigger wheels and lower profile tire = same size as stock.

anyway, do what you want with your car

First thing i did for my Z was to get a nice set of volks! And the coil andddddddd then did supporting mod.. I have full set of bodykit sitting in my garage, and those are the last thing that will go on. meh
Lol yeah considering the ing+1 + chargespeed combo actually. only problem is that the chargespeed with the cf inserts are like $800+. I saw your listing before btw. does your chargespeed have the CF? and if so how easy are the repairs?

My buddy said that if I got said larger wheels + tires and then lowered it, the result wouldn't be too different b/c it would just cover the gaps... but the height wouldnt be as affected? idk... lol I may have misunderstood.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #44

UPDATE:

First off thanks for all the responses guys, didn't really expect to get this much.

I think I will have to spend more time on research in regards to stance/wheels.
Unfortunately idk if i'll be able to completely rule out a kit b/c the car is getting wrapped and Z's look really bad oem with matte. (idk if someone posted a spotted at sfu on it but yeah.) Another thing was that the current body is a little scratched up and am wanting to change the colour.

If you have any recommendations for wheels/coils please lemme know.

Currently the only thing I had planned were the wheels on the OP and I based it more on looks than anything else and didn't really take into account all the factors. (didn't know... =/)

Still very interested in opinions and thanks again.

Last edited by MADEINJAPAN; 03-08-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #45
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Same as all the other Z forums? or different?
You'll see.
Just remember to link us to the thread after you make it.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #46
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Not saying that you shouldn't get a bodykit ever in the duration of owning the car lol. Just that if you get a kit first and you sit on stock wheels and stock height, the car will look very weird and unfinished. Also consider that bodykit low and actually lowering the car has huge differences. Bodykit low just looks like you're filling up gaps with plastic
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #47
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i like that ing+1 n spec front bumper
fT-z33wor had it on his old car i believe, it looked bauss
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
Not saying that you shouldn't get a bodykit ever in the duration of owning the car lol. Just that if you get a kit first and you sit on stock wheels and stock height, the car will look very weird and unfinished. Also consider that bodykit low and actually lowering the car has huge differences. Bodykit low just looks like you're filling up gaps with plastic
mhm I hear you. I'm looking into suspension now but, would you go for a full out new suspension or just lowering springs. Going full out seems like its going to cost about 3k before the install.... =/ And I need some input on notable brands for lowering springs/suspension and wheels. thanks again.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
i like that ing+1 n spec front bumper
fT-z33wor had it on his old car i believe, it looked bauss
Lol yeah its sick. I was also looking into the chargespeed front. I've never digged the inserts for some reason but I saw a picture of a this guy who did the mismatched thing that I wanted to and took out the inserts. looked sickkk. I'll try and find the pic and hopefully I can show you.

Last edited by MADEINJAPAN; 03-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote