REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #176
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
JSALES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,941
Thanked 3,124 Times in 902 Posts
yeah, i stopped playing too
Advertisement
JSALES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #177
60420
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,934
Thanked 9,333 Times in 2,158 Posts
game sucks once you buy all the colors
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #178
xxx
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,384
Thanked 769 Times in 243 Posts
my attempt lol
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #179
RS controls my life!
 
ThatKoukiKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 751
Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts

saw this online...
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #180
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,945
Thanked 20,494 Times in 6,507 Posts
CEO of OMGPOP responding to the employee who didn't sign with Zynga because he was worried his personal project would then be owned by them:



What a douchebag
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #181
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Response:



CEO removed tweets and tweeted apology.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #182
resident Oil Guru
 
LiquidTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,716
Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Is it just me, or is Draw Something getting boring and old now? Feels like the fad rolled out as quick as it rolled in.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #183
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Is it just me, or is Draw Something getting boring and old now? Feels like the fad rolled out as quick as it rolled in.
If you read a few posts before yours, you will see that no, it's not just you.....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #184
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,733
Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Draw Something has become so bad that people on my facebook are posting drawings and asking people for help to continue the turns count...
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #185
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
55 awesome Draw Something pictures.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #186
'
 
insomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,658
Thanked 6,540 Times in 1,106 Posts
^lol that made me want to play...

*whips out phone*

*faces the sad reality of how shitty my drawings are*

insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #187
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
^lol that made me want to play...

*whips out phone*

*faces the sad reality of how shitty my drawings are*

I think some of mine were pretty good, but even then, I got tired of it, simply because it takes too much time and effort...I also thought my Pikachu was better than the one they have on there...:




bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #188
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: -
Posts: 1,598
Thanked 370 Times in 178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Draw Something has become so bad that people on my facebook are posting drawings and asking people for help to continue the turns count...
I don't see anything wrong with this... It's not really about the turns, but because it's fun to look at other people's drawings and help guess the word. Instead of posting on Facebook, some people text their friends for the answer as well, which is also fine in my opinion.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #189
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
I don't see anything wrong with this... It's not really about the turns, but because it's fun to look at other people's drawings and help guess the word. Instead of posting on Facebook, some people text their friends for the answer as well, which is also fine in my opinion.
Well then what's the point of asking for the answer???..........
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #190
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: -
Posts: 1,598
Thanked 370 Times in 178 Posts
People don't like giving up/pressing pass? Want to see what other people think it is (if its a funny/weird/bad picture)?
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #191
'
 
insomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,658
Thanked 6,540 Times in 1,106 Posts
I'm with gYU on this one.

IMO people aren't "too lazy" to guess it, they simply dont know what the drawing is. The pass button is a touch away if they are lazy.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #192
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
I'm with gYU on this one.

IMO people aren't "too lazy" to guess it, they simply dont know what the drawing is. The pass button is a touch away if they are lazy.
Nobody is suggesting that they are too lazy to hit the pass button, but rather that they don't want to end the streak.....which is gay....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #193
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: -
Posts: 1,598
Thanked 370 Times in 178 Posts
Uploading the drawings on Facebook is like showing your friends beside you in real life if they know what the drawing is. What's the problem with doing this? Sometimes people don't feel like passing, and want to see what others think. Then of course, there are nice/ or straight-up drawings. Just take a look at this thread for example. For the most part, if everyone that uploaded drawings onto Facebook cared about turns, a much easier alternative is to text their friends.

The part of uploading drawings on Facebook is almost part of the game. If others uploading drawings on Facebook bother you that much, then just delete post/unsuscribe to that friend. Without Facebook, Twitter, etc, the game probably wouldn't even have gained so much popularity. The only reason I started playing was because of the drawings people uploaded onto Facebook.

Back on topic, the game was fun for the first few days, but it got boring and I quit. I think others are starting to quit as well, because barely anyone uploads drawings any more compared to the first week the game came out.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #194
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
Uploading the drawings on Facebook is like showing your friends beside you in real life if they know what the drawing is. What's the problem with doing this? Sometimes people don't feel like passing, and want to see what others think. Then of course, there are nice/ or straight-up drawings. Just take a look at this thread for example. For the most part, if everyone that uploaded drawings onto Facebook cared about turns, a much easier alternative is to text their friends.

The part of uploading drawings on Facebook is almost part of the game. If others uploading drawings on Facebook bother you that much, then just delete post/unsuscribe to that friend. Without Facebook, Twitter, etc, the game probably wouldn't even have gained so much popularity. The only reason I started playing was because of the drawings people uploaded onto Facebook.

Back on topic, the game was fun for the first few days, but it got boring and I quit. I think others are starting to quit as well, because barely anyone uploads drawings any more compared to the first week the game came out.
I wasn't talking about the facebook thing; I was talking about the part where you said people just text the drawer and ask them what the drawing is supposed to be, instead of just clicking 'pass'.....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #195
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,945
Thanked 20,494 Times in 6,507 Posts
Yeah I haven't played in at least a week or two. My wife and her friends still play it with each other every day though, so it's still popular especially with casual gamers like them.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #196
'
 
insomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,658
Thanked 6,540 Times in 1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I wasn't talking about the facebook thing; I was talking about the part where you said people just text the drawer and ask them what the drawing is supposed to be, instead of just clicking 'pass'.....
Lol we got you mixed up with jeedee who posted the quoted post below because you were at his defense when we were disagreeing with his pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Draw Something has become so bad that people on my facebook are posting drawings and asking people for help to continue the turns count...
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #197
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,172
Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,179 Posts


off facebook
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net