REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Abnormal Bucking/Jerking under Partial Throttle

Lately my car's been bucking/jerking under abrupt changes in throttle position, ie if I lift off the throttle (but not all the way off) and get back on, the car will buck/jerk back and forth. It's a bit like driving around in 1st gear, but you're actually in 4th.

My friend has an S2000 as well and I drove both cars back to back - there is definitely something wrong with mine.

Does anyone have any ideas what it would be? I suspect engine, transmission, or diff mounts possibly having failed - could all of these produce this symptom? On fluid-filled mounts (all of these are) will it always be obvious upon visual inspection whether they've failed?
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
My guess would be throttle position sensor.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
^
That's the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title, the second was mounts.

On my mounts it's quite obvious when they fail, the rubber web that connects the inside to the outside is ripped. I'm not expert enough to say for certain the s2000 would be the same. If it is the mounts the simple/cheap fix/mod would be filling the mount with construction adhesive to turn it into a solid mount.

Engine mount DIY from S2ki, pictures of broken and intact mounts.
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8033...r-motor-mount/

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-08-2012 at 05:51 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Aside from a visual inspection, you could also load up the drivetrain and and get a friend to inspect all the mounts.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
My guess would be throttle position sensor.
Yeah I guess that should be pretty quick to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
^
That's the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title, the second was mounts.

On my mounts it's quite obvious when they fail, the rubber web that connects the inside to the outside is ripped. I'm not expert enough to say for certain the s2000 would be the same. If it is the mounts the simple/cheap fix/mod would be filling the mount with construction adhesive to turn it into a solid mount.

Engine mount DIY from S2ki, pictures of broken and intact mounts.
DIY Passenger Motor Mount - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums
Hmm. Regarding engine mounts, there definitely aren't more vibrations than usual, and it wasn't sheared off for sure when I took a quick look at them from the top / sides as I reved the motor. I just don't have any experience dealing with fluid-filled mounts - I mean will they actually visibly have torn boots / leak fluid, or can it be more subtle than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Aside from a visual inspection, you could also load up the drivetrain and and get a friend to inspect all the mounts.
Any suggestions for how best to do this, other than yanking the handbrake up and sorta slipping the clutch in 1st?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Put it on a Y lift? I won't want a friend to be underneath a car that you are shifting weight and momentum around.. unless well he/she is not really a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Any suggestions for how best to do this, other than yanking the handbrake up and sorta slipping the clutch in 1st?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote