REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Real or Fake Rogers?

lately past 2 months I ve been receiving calls from this long distance number claiming their calling behalf of Rogers.

number is : 18669092771

They have their calls all setup like Rogers, but the music and background is not the same. and also their options arent either.

today they called again and asked if the account holder was there, i said no and asked if i could know what its about, and they said, not only if your the account holder.

she proceed and asked for my name. so i told her (fuck me) and she said ok thank you very much, have a good day. the fuck???

They call every other day. I m just wondering if anyone got this call too, or is this just a scam..
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
just call rogers now and ask, its insta connect right now

doubt rogers would add their signature theme when they are trying to call you tho.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

i just called, they said speak to customer service in the morning, at first she told me to add a w.e. bullshit package which allows me to block calls.
fucking rogers always trying to make you add on packages.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Because starting a thread on Revscene is easier than typing into Google

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-909-2771/2

First result:
Quote:
LadyWriter
28 Nov 2010
The call is legitimately from Rogers, but it's their telemarketing people who have no access to your information. All they know is that you are requesting this call whenever they have deals to convey. How do they know that you are interested? Because Rogers, the sneaks, leave ALL the marketing preferences checked by default on your profile! If you have a Rogers account online, log in, look on the left side of the page and, under Profile Information, you will see a link to Update Marketing Permissions. I just went in and unchecked all of them and will be monitoring this to ensure Rogers doesn't re-check them "by mistake" on their next web site upgrade! If you don't have an online account to manage your phone/cable/wireless, phone their help line and have your number removed from all texts, emails, telemarketing and direct mail.
Caller: Rogers
Call Type: Telemarketer
Quote:
Rogerssucks
19 Jan 2011
It is definitely Rogers. They ask for your address "to verify that the person they are speaking with is the account holder". At least that's what Nichole at Rogers at *611 told me. She said they were calling me because I am "eligible for a phone upgrade at better prices then even new activations." I asked if I got the deal without signing a contract and she said that they are based on three year contracts, so I declined. She told me all phones were free and smartphones would be "substantially reduced". Rogers are scammers though because I bought my own phone over three years ago (original AT&T iPhone), and went no-contract with Rogers. Now, they want to give me a phone, but WITH a contract. Doesn't my three year history speak for itself? I haven't gone anywhere for three years and now they say they want me to sign a contract so I can't go anywhere. What a bunch of crap. I say Rogers owes me a phone at no cost and with no contract!
Caller: Rogers
Call Type: Telemarketer
And many many more....
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High View Post
Because starting a thread on Revscene is easier than typing into Google

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-866-909-2771/2

First result:

And many many more....
yeah kinda realized it after too, gtfo sky_high !