REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I’d like to know if the people running red lights are driving on BC drivers licenses, and how many are driving on some type of out of country license.

When I moved to California, I had to redo my driving test, even though I had a BC drivers license. If you are in California for more than three months, the state says you have to get a California drivers license, and you must test for it if you are from out side of the US, even Canada.

When I moved back to Canada, I just traded my US drivers license for a BC one, no new testing. For anyone that moved here from a country outside of the US or Canada, did you have to retake a driving test, or did you just trade your original countries driving permit for a BC one, no test? How long can you drive in Canada on a non BC drivers license?
Advertisement
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

fobs using china driver's license in canada is absolutely ridiculous. first of all, the legitimacy of the license is very questionable. since the license was obtained from mainland china, the legitimacy of the ID should be dismissed. I know several many fobs using forged chinese licenses and they never pass any exam and when they come to canada they can rightfully get behind a wheel. i find this so ridiculous.
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
-not surprising news at all. I've seen drivers in Richmond run red lights, make dangerous turns on a green light when opposing traffic goes past the intersection quickly, etc.

Pedestrians gotta be extra careful at intersections in Richmond to avoid getting runned over.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,067 Times in 1,252 Posts
wonder how many red light violations happened after 10pm. Lights turnover pretty fast at night in Richmond.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Its not just reds, its also 4 way stops.

I live near a 4 way that atleast once-twice per week I see someone blow by it without even stopping. Its a busy one too. I swear that stop is cursed.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
straight from the fields of squamton

Richmond lol

i don't get it
Old 03-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Its not just reds, its also 4 way stops.

I live near a 4 way that atleast once-twice per week I see someone blow by it without even stopping. Its a busy one too. I swear that stop is cursed.
Posted via RS Mobile
Haha, I just saw a honger in a Maserati blow through the 4-way at Capstan and Sexsmith yesterday.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #33
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
From what I remember, I think red light cameras would activate after a one or two second grace period so drivers already in the intersection (ie ones making left turns) would be able to clear out in time.

I remember this, because on the way back from school (Kingsway x Willingdon), I almost got mowed down by a 4x4 that blasted through the intersection by the time the light was a stale yellow. The light was red by the time I made my left turn, and I didn't get flashed
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #34
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Nope you get flashed the minute the light hits red.. You just probably dont notice it.. Its up to the person who is looking at the photos to determine whether you were turning or running a red.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #35
I am grateful grapefruit

If you had crossed into the intersection to wait to turn left, you won't get flashed. You will only get flashed if you enter the intersection AFTER the light has turned red. You can run a red whether you're going straight or turning left. Turning right, however, is legal, so they have people to screen tickets before they are sent out.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:45 PM   #36
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
edit: lol well i'm from mainland china myself so didn't think it'd be such a big deal

Last edited by CharlieH; 03-21-2012 at 02:51 PM.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Is it just me or the past few weeks have any of you noticed drivers (all over) get significantly worse? Past 3 days for me ive been in situations where the car in front of me goes extremely slow with a signal on (on a 50km rd) and then change his mind and switches signals... swerves to there then decides to signal back to where he was going originally.... then he misses the turn...in the slowest possible fucking manner............
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #38
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
Is it just me or the past few weeks have any of you noticed drivers (all over) get significantly worse? Past 3 days for me ive been in situations where the car in front of me goes extremely slow with a signal on (on a 50km rd) and then change his mind and switches signals... swerves to there then decides to signal back to where he was going originally.... then he misses the turn...in the slowest possible fucking manner............
On three different occasions I have seen people turn on their right turn signals to go left, and vice versa. I feel some drivers need a refresher on proper driving.. but once again, I do live in Richmond...
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
I'm guessing the more populated the lower mainland gets, you get more idiots. Which then equals more idiot drivers. Fucken hate the slow guys using the left lane on the highways.
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
i love the intersections with count-down walking signals, i've never been caught in a compromising situation at an intersection with these
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #41
I don't get it

this should be in progress...Number 3 road is horrible, especially when a left turn has a NO U TURN SIGN right in front...they still do it acting like it wasn't there......
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #42
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
i love the intersections with count-down walking signals, i've never been caught in a compromising situation at an intersection with these
since i moved here, i've noticed burnaby has more of the count downs than richmond. makes estimating if you can get through the intersection much easier
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #43
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Man, I must not go out much but I've only seen ppl running red like 10 times in my life. And I've been driving for over 10 yrs.

But either way, I have no sympathy for ppl running red. They should be punished. A lapse of judgement is not an excuse because ur lapse of judgemt can cause a life or two. Think if someone hurt ur loved ones because he/she has a lapse of judgement, would u be ok for them to use that as an excuse?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Living in Richmond, I used to be mind blown when idiots, mainly fobs, turn left from the middle or right lane. I'm so not surprised now that I even anticipate it

IF ONLY our dash cam videos could get people fined/penalized... I'd be so willing to help.
bbgun is offline   Reply With Quote