REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Vancouver Condo Tower Sells Out In 4 Hours!

Marine gateway towers sold out
540 units sold within 4 hours
Advertisement
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I would go to T&T everyday n__n
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Holy shit.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
That's impressive. Good sign that Vancouver is still going strong.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
260k for a new 1 br condo in vancouver seems pretty decently priced compared to other high rises i've seen in other locations

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
That's a great location. But, I guess i'm biased because I grew up in South Vancouver. The Canada line is the biggest selling point for me.
The Convenience of living near a skytrain is amazing. Considering it only takes about 30mins to get downtown and driving would take about 15-20mins depending on the time of day.
And those prices are pretty reasonable. But, I'm sure maintenance fee's are going to be crappy as per usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFrancis View Post
I would go to T&T everyday n__n
T&T has gotten more expensive since loblaws bought them out =(
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
seems like a good video...

but would all those amenities come to life? the cost of living in Vancouver is just going up, having it near the skytrain really helps..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
That's a great location. But, I guess i'm biased because I grew up in South Vancouver. The Canada line is the biggest selling point for me.
The Convenience of living near a skytrain is amazing. Considering it only takes about 30mins to get downtown and driving would take about 15-20mins depending on the time of day.
And those prices are pretty reasonable. But, I'm sure maintenance fee's are going to be crappy as per usual.

T&T has gotten more expensive since loblaws bought them out =(
You wouldn't need to worry about money cuz you could afford a 1 bedroom condo for 260k.
Posted via RS Mobile
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #9
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
It's a great idea, for sure. Stuff like this will help everybody out in the long run. I'd be worried about T&T being so close. I would stop cooking and go there morning, noon, and night, LOL.

Pool hall, pub, and arcade would be icing on the cake.

oh, and massage parlour.......hee hee

.........Canada Line!!
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
oh, and massage parlour.......hee hee
Old 03-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

With a market this strong, prices have a lot more upside it seems. The chase is on!
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
cause more than 50% of the units were pretty much sold out before the line-up..my friend had 2 campers lined up two days in advance but even that only got you the leftover units
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
That's great for this development, I think the key factor as most have mentioned was the proximity to the Canada line, I actually looked into this development but personally for me, that close to a transit line hub is a negative for me, I'd prefer to be away from the transit hub crowds and some of the issues that brings along with it.

Also at $269k for a 1 bd and $350k for 2 bd that is actually relatively cheap compared to other listings in Vancouver, so this development sold pretty quickly but if you look at the overall inventory figures (at a all time high) and rate of sales in the condo market in Vancouver/Burnaby, its been slowing, while detached homes keep rising. I would take that more as an indication of our overall condo market.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Things will get really interesting when this game of music chairs stops. I can't wait.
LIKEABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEABOSS View Post
Things will get really interesting when this game of music chairs stops. I can't wait.
You will be waiting a long time.
Chicken Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
cause more than 50% of the units were pretty much sold out before the line-up..my friend had 2 campers lined up two days in advance but even that only got you the leftover units
That's how it works for every new building.

The units available to the public are the bottom of the barrel. There's usually anywhere from 3-4 rounds of insider/family/VIP buying.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
resident Oil Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBettah View Post
That's how it works for every new building.

The units available to the public are the bottom of the barrel. There's usually anywhere from 3-4 rounds of insider/family/VIP buying.
That's... lame.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
$260K for a 465 square foot box? With no parking? Most of the people in the shots were Chinese and I would reckon that the majority are speculators and investors. (see a CTV story for shots of the line.)

Rennie has done a brilliant job marketing the project. The location isn't as great as it seems. The Canada Line is slow and is already at capacity during peak hours. (though if you're a globetrotter, I could see it being very handy with a 10 minute ride to the Airport.) I'd rather live on the old Expo/Millennium Line because it runs every 60 seconds during peak hours. Or perhaps on a well-serviced bus corridor such as Granville. If I wanted to buy in Vancouver, I'd rather buy in the False Creek flats. (lots of development coming online in the area and there will likely be more spot re-zonings in the future.) Or, the Rize development in Mount Pleasant.

After going through it myself, I don't think I would ever buy something pre-construction. You need to see the finished product, the views, how the building's been managed, and what types of neighbours you're going to have.

Last edited by Tapioca; 03-18-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #19
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
That's... lame.
It's business, not affirmative action equal opportunity.

Money over everything is all these developers care about.

There's no such thing as a "good deal" in the context of a new condo. The developers are making a hefty profit, not thinking about how to make it a happy price for you.
MoBettah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
$260K for a 465 square foot box? With no parking? Most of the people in the shots were Chinese and I would reckon that the majority are speculators and investors. (see a CTV story for shots of the line.)

Rennie has done a brilliant job marketing the project. The location isn't as great as it seems. The Canada Line is slow and is already at capacity during peak hours. (though if you're a globetrotter, I could see it being very handy with a 10 minute ride to the Airport.) I'd rather live on the old Expo/Millennium Line because it runs every 60 seconds during peak hours. Or perhaps on a well-serviced bus corridor such as Granville. If I wanted to buy in Vancouver, I'd rather buy in the False Creek flats. (lots of development coming online in the area and there will likely be more spot re-zonings in the future.) Or, the Rize development in Mount Pleasant.

After going through it myself, I don't think I would ever buy something pre-construction. You need to see the finished product, the views, how the building's been managed, and what types of neighbours you're going to have.
True. I been looking at different apartments and the ones that's close to the skytrain is so NOISY when you have the windows open >< is not bad with just traffice going by but when a skytrain pulls into the station man is really loud... Image hearing those noises at least 80times a day when u are at home relaxing with windows open on a summer day... not the best idea.

However there is a great thing about buying per-construected apartments and that is if you are planning to rent it out you have no restruction since you are the first time owners. If you buy 2nd hand almost all apartments have rental restrictions so you might not able to rent it out vs first time buyer you can rent it out as you please.

The price seems OK I guess most apartments I seen (near bretnwood mall, Metro town, Royal Oak) is around 400k and up for about 800sq ft to 1000sq ft.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
resident Oil Guru

465 sqft is pretty unliveable, imo. Crazy tiny.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Canada Line is already at capacity? I thought they didn't have enough ridership to be making money? What is the interval between trains at rush hour?
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
I bringith the lowerballerith

Tulip mania!!!

Props to the Developer and Reenie for selling out the condo project in 4 hours.

Some key facts:
- Over 11000 registered interested parties
- Over 400 suites sold in hours (many campers lined up few days in advance)
- Area is hot due to proximinity to Canada Line Station
- Anchor tenants (TnT supermarket, Cineplex, few under negotiation financial institutions, mixed retail and commercial tower

The advertised prices are for the 1 & 2 BR are cheap but I would like to bring you to attention that the 1BR are below 500 sq ft and 2BR are either Jr 2BR or 2BR Suites below 750 sq ft. They just find a way to build them smaller and smaller.

Oh yeah, you want parking? Most of the lower level 1BR Suite DOES NOT INCLUDE parking (if you wanted to buy one, the developer does not sell as its all allocated) - they want you to use the transit system which I agree but people still need a car here and there.

What I don't like.
- Lower level and west facing units - have fun hearing the skytrain leaving/exiting the station all day/night long
- Enjoy all your neighbours cause its still all industrial sites. Your home is gonna smell like compost and shit. Have fun with the fertilizer sale site half a block away. And did I mention the City of Vancouver garbage and recycling is 5 blocks away? Enjoy the smell of that in the summer and when the prevailing winds hit.
- Oh yeah did I mention about the noise? Enjoy the noise of Marine Dr and also the Airplanes that fly past the fraser river into the Airport.

I'm not sure if the project was a success or if there are 400 blinded souls who are in the craze in the tulip mania (WIKI this). Let's hope these guys complete and won't reneg coming 2015 when the building completes.

Buying 3 year's out is not a certainty in this economic environment. END
Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #24
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
What is the interval between trains at rush hour?
4 minutes

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
465 sqft is pretty unliveable, imo. Crazy tiny.
It's tiny however just like the 50's is the new 30's

465 sq ft is the new 550 sq ft!!!

Developers just find a way to build them smaller and smaller.

If you slice and dice it the 50-100 sq ft difference is most likely the flex (den, storage space). A few feet here and there. Generally, however most of these new plans are more efficiently lay and built out so it provides an open concept with no wasted space.