REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
got it.
will do that soon as i can.

Thanks Gridlock
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Given that scenario, would I put it past them to ask you to confirm the name and plug it into the computer? Not at all. They will ask you to confirm information...just be careful to stick to confirming info you already know they have.
great point. it takes a special type of person to do their job, and i don't mean that as a compliment.

don't get upset when talking to them either, they really get off on it and expect them to say things to totally troll/provoke you. i had a case where there was a mistake and it was up to me to straighten it out & it was a nightmare dealing with them.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

When you call them, use your cell phone only. And when you are providing them with a number, only give them your cell phone number. It's illegal to persistently call you on your cell phone to collect a debt. Gives you a way out.

So if you aren't lying, and he was actually just a renter, your parents are not his legal guardians. You're wasting your time here because you guys broke the law and opened someone else's mail. He owes people money, and your parents never signed as a guarantor of the debt. He breached the contract to pay, not your parents.

In the case your parents did sign something acknowledging that they would assume legal guardian responsibility ... you guys shoulda thought this out better.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

why would I make up a story about this medical bill, and what lies could I have possibly twisted this from the first place.

and how is the law broken when it says Guardian of (teens name) obviously it meant my parents did it not? as he was living under this roof, so technically my parents Are the guardian of that teen, Unless they meant the Actual parents of that teen?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Somehow your parents became the guardian of this kid. Usually when someone goes to rent a place, the landlords do not become guardians. And you said before that this was a homestay, but now you're changing your story?

Sounds like stories are being changed, or full truths aren't being told. Your parents must have taken him to the hospital, because they don't operate on people without a care card of some sort. So maybe they took him in, used their care card as guardian, and are now responsible for the bills?

In any case, it sounds like your parents are horrible communicators. Try to get the full story from them before contacting ARC on their behalf.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
why would I make up a story about this medical bill, and what lies could I have possibly twisted this from the first place.

and how is the law broken when it says Guardian of (teens name) obviously it meant my parents did it not? as he was living under this roof, so technically my parents Are the guardian of that teen, Unless they meant the Actual parents of that teen?
I'm looking at this from a legal point of view. A guardian doesn't necessary have to be the "legal supervisor" of an infant. I can watch my little brother and be considered a guardian at the time. BUT for schools, hospitals and other institutions, I am still not the legal guardian. BUT if your parents did operate a homestay, they assumed a special responsibility to the guy.

I'm guessing that your parents did operate a homestay (or whatever you want to call it), and thus assumes legal guardianship of the person. Whether they signed to be a guarantor of the fee (debt), is what you want to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Somehow your parents became the guardian of this kid. Usually when someone goes to rent a place, the landlords do not become guardians. And you said before that this was a homestay, but now you're changing your story?

Sounds like stories are being changed, or full truths aren't being told. Your parents must have taken him to the hospital, because they don't operate on people without a care card of some sort. So maybe they took him in, used their care card as guardian, and are now responsible for the bills?

In any case, it sounds like your parents are horrible communicators. Try to get the full story from them before contacting ARC on their behalf.
My thought exactly.

If in fact your parents did bring him to the hospital, they have to sign something to assume responsibility of someone who did not have medicare. But I would assume most students do have medicare (it is required for public schools and universities).
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
just because someone is homestay it doesn't necessarily mean the homestay hosts become the legal guardian.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
Banned By Establishment

what are you guys saying.. or is it me thats confusing you guys

I clearly said that this bill was sent to us THEN we found out he had a medical bill.

and no its not a homestay I cleared that out, earlier saying hes just a rent.

so atm, I m going to wait till monday to give ARC a call, and find out the whole story.
because there seems to be a huge confusion going on, as I know for sure my parents did not sign anything, as they never took this teen to the hospital. AND he wasnt a homestay that we had a contract with.

btw skinnypup, I didnt change the story, I said earlier as well that I did not know the difference between a Rent and a Homestay, I thought Homestay just simply mean "student living here without their actual parents" I did not know there was a contract or anything organization they come through with. so its my bad beyond that confusion, its a change of story.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
just because someone is homestay it doesn't necessarily mean the homestay hosts become the legal guardian.
Then shouldnt that mean it has nothing to do with my parents then?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #35

Who took him to the hospital? Did he have a care card? How is it that your parents were specifically billed if they weren't there?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Who took him to the hospital? Did he have a care card? How is it that your parents were specifically billed if they weren't there?
my guess right now is, he did not have a carecard and he wrote my parents address down (as that is where he was staying)
therefore the ARC are sending mails to my parents house asking for "guardian of (teens name )"

and I have no idea who took him to the hospital.

Wait, are you guys getting confused because I said "guardian of (teens name)"???
because its not specifically billed, it just says "guardian"
Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #37

Then forward the letter to the guardian!

What I don't get is how he got them to treat him without a care card
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Then forward the letter to the guardian!

What I don't get is how he got them to treat him without a care card
I thought the hospital treats anyone as long as they pay, because I know that my cousin that just got here a week ago dont have carecard either and my grandma bought him medical insurance so he can go family doctors or whatever he needs. and the insurance covers up to 50k.

but the process while this teenager at the hospital and how the bill was dealt I have no clue. so I will need to get it cleared out on monday.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #39
Need to Seek Professional Help

from what i know about going to the hospital as an out of country, they get your passport, enter that in, and (witnessing a friend go to the hospital), i think she paid upfront, and would then deal with the company that she bought the insurance from for reimbursement.

as for your case, we don't know how he got in, who took him there or whatnot, but assuming that at the time he was 18, its natural for the letter to say "to the guardian of (kid)"

just, get as much info as you can from your parents regarding this, and call the collections company as suggested by other members, and be careful with your words and questions.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
This whole thing is confusing.

How did this kid come to live in your house? Did your parents have an ad on CL or something?

And, by "rent", you mean renter...like tenant? Was there a contract or agreement? How old is this kid?

If, for example, you parents had an ad for a one bedroom in house rental and the dude called and rented it. He happen to be here for school. Finish school, gave notice, and went back home...then, much like a credit card bill, the landlords are not responsible.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
I thought the hospital treats anyone as long as they pay,
Well he obviously didn't pay, did he
Old 03-26-2012, 02:36 AM   #42
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
This whole thing is confusing.

How did this kid come to live in your house? Did your parents have an ad on CL or something?

And, by "rent", you mean renter...like tenant? Was there a contract or agreement? How old is this kid?

If, for example, you parents had an ad for a one bedroom in house rental and the dude called and rented it. He happen to be here for school. Finish school, gave notice, and went back home...then, much like a credit card bill, the landlords are not responsible.
exactly what you said dino, My parents had an ad on the chinese newspaper, and he came in and rented it.

and skinny, obvsiously not, but I m confused again then how is he able to get treatment IF they need to pay upfront like impluseX said
Old 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #43

That's why we think your parents took him to the hospital or something like that
Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Xilly, I don't think anyone is saying you changed the story on purpose, but more just throwing ideas out there.

Honestly, if there is no legal connection between you and the kid in this matter, then ARC pounds sand. No issue.

We're all just saying, in different ways, that if there IS a connection, then you need to know about it because they aren't just going to bend over and stick $500 up their own ass. As much as I would like them too.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Xilly, I don't think anyone is saying you changed the story on purpose, but more just throwing ideas out there.

Honestly, if there is no legal connection between you and the kid in this matter, then ARC pounds sand. No issue.

We're all just saying, in different ways, that if there IS a connection, then you need to know about it because they aren't just going to bend over and stick $500 up their own ass. As much as I would like them too.
Yes I understand you guys are trying to help me. I m not getting rude or anything. I m just as confused as you guys are atm. because this wasnt linked to me, I m just helping my parents with the ARC.

I m going to be over tomorrow, and I ll call with them beside me so I can straighten the story out.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #46
Need to Seek Professional Help

hope everything is going well
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote