REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Sleeping Issues (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665196-sleeping-issues.html)

Drow 12-16-2013 05:44 PM

Somebody please help... :(

Insomnia hit me again in the past week

I get 1-2 h of sleep every night....

jnesss 12-16-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8383351)
Somebody please help... :(

Insomnia hit me again in the past week

I get 1-2 h of sleep every night....

bathe in a tub of extra hot water with epsom salts. i tried this to fix my busted back a while ago. 20mins after getting out of the tub, i just passed out.

Drow 12-16-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnesss (Post 8383376)
bathe in a tub of extra hot water with epsom salts. i tried this to fix my busted back a while ago. 20mins after getting out of the tub, i just passed out.

i hope i can find this locally

MasonJar 12-16-2013 07:36 PM

camomile tea

jnesss 12-16-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8383395)

superstore has em.

SkinnyPupp 12-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by instantneedles (Post 8320826)
Skinny, of these supplements, if I take it on a regular basis would I start to develop a tolerance to it and gradually require stronger doses to feel the same effects?

The way you describe it, I feel like I'm setting myself up for a crazy addiction to some sort of naturopathic god-like psychotic drug.

I feel like phenibut might be a good option for me, because I feel like I really only need it for two days of the week when I'd be crazy sleep deprived and need the energy to workout/lift heavy weights the day after.

If you only use it 2 days a week, there's no way you could build a tolerance to it or get addicted. It is not a 'natural' supplement though. It is a flat out drug.

I take 250mg a day, every night. At a low steady dose, there are also no concerns. It doesn't have a major noticeable effect, but it helps stay relaxed and night, and helps to fall asleep.

About a week or 2 a month, I run into problems sleeping more than 6-7 hours.. Not sure where this comes from. Probably lack of exercise

MG1 12-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 8383395)

epsom salts can be purchased at London Drugs, Superstore, or Walmart. Walmart carries the larger containers and IIRC, cheaper.

MasonJar 12-16-2013 09:15 PM

Safeway sells them in the pharmacy.

mr_chin 01-29-2016 01:30 PM

Bringing old thread back.

Anyone sleeping with a CPAP? Did it help?

guurl 01-29-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlo (Post 7861060)
Smoke weed..... Shit makes u pass out :lol
Posted via RS Mobile

i second this.

kush.:badpokerface:

trancehead 01-29-2016 05:45 PM

Melatonin Supplements --> body naturally produces it.

Foods that also produce melatonin -> grapes, warm milk, oatmeal

Benadryl -> knocks you out by messing with your h1 central receptors.

And if all else fails -> give the one eyed snake a whack

jeedee 01-30-2016 12:55 AM

6mg of melatonin usually knocks me out. might be a bit overkill but usually 3mg does the job too lol.

or ZMA + 3mg melatonin

Vansterdam 01-30-2016 01:33 AM

I started smoking weed 10+ years ago originally to help me sleep. best sleep ever. no problems sleeping although I tend to oversleep and not remember my dreams.

recently Ive gone sober and its been 30 days. last 2 weeks or so Ive been having trouble falling asleep and my sleeps been pretty broken. the good thing is I remember my dreams now but man my sleeps fucked lol

I refuse to take melatonin or sleeping pills doe so well see how it goes. recently got a new bed so maybe that will help once I get used to it lol

Mr.Money 01-31-2016 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Walks - sometimes The fresh air and a little exercise will Conk you out.....and test the waters...try Marley's Mellow Mood Lite Raspberry Tea Lemonade at 7/11....it works for some.

Ikkaku 01-31-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8721872)

Well, if the sleep clinic suggests that you do in fact suffer from sleep apnea, then it will help. It does feel really weird at first though.

I have one, but haven't used it in a while. I've been real stressed out since working at my current job, and I do randomly wake up at various hours (not sure if stress, apnea or both causing me to wake). I may try to start it up again in hopes of better sleep.

jeedee 01-31-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8722022)
I refuse to take melatonin or sleeping pills doe

if you don't mind me asking how come?

I work graveyard hours now and was struggling to sleep during the day. Melatonin really helps.

That or ZMA which gives me some vivid/intense dreams lol

guurl 01-31-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8722269)
Walks - sometimes The fresh air and a little exercise will Conk you out.....and test the waters...try Marley's Mellow Mood Lite Raspberry Tea Lemonade at 7/11....it works for some.

marley mellows doesnt have melatonin in it anymore

jnesss 01-31-2016 02:14 PM

wow, old thread. fast forward a couple years, the salts still work.

melatonin is ok once in a while. I stopped taking it because I didn't want to become dependent on it.

nowadays, I like my room extra dark while I sleep, so I put up something that blocks out ALL light. on sunny mornings, it's still really dark in my room.

I also like sleeping with noise canceling headphones on. sometimes I'll have deep house tunes playing on low through the night. or I'll just use earplugs.

racerman88 01-31-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8721872)

CPAP machine did wonders for stopping my snoring.
Helps my sleep apnea although it is minimal.
Thankfully extended health covered it fully

tiger_handheld 01-31-2016 07:32 PM

thought i'd chime in on what's worked for me since 2015, when i decided i wanted a proper sleep.

i always felt i was up at night but i had no way of knowing. did some reading on deep sleep and why I felt groggy when my traditional alarm went off. Also figured out "Sleep Cycle" app was the best app out there to monitor sleep patters. Also has white noise to help you fall asleep. Figured out sleeping cycles (90 mins to fall asleep) and adjusted my "get on the bed" as such.

second i have a window above my head and noises and street lamp lights filter in through the blinds. Wasn't gonna shell out $ for black out blinds, so I got a eye mask - just like the ones you get on long haul international flights.

made sure the computer was on so the fan wasn't running. turned off the radio.

been getting 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep since Jan 2015 and my sleep quality is averaging 80%+ each night (per the app).

Note: if you have a pet that sleeps with you, jumps on yoru bed - the app will not work.

TOPEC 01-31-2016 08:15 PM

for people using melatonin, do u guys get acne from it? i took a week of melatonin straight and got pimples everywhere on my body, face, back, chest, arms. i now only take it once or twice a week.

Vansterdam 02-01-2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8722302)
if you don't mind me asking how come?

I work graveyard hours now and was struggling to sleep during the day. Melatonin really helps.

That or ZMA which gives me some vivid/intense dreams lol

its weed or nothing for me bruh

Trouble Sleeping? Here's How I Learned To Fall Asleep In Under 1 Minute Every Night - Higher Perspective

u guys should give this a try

For a long time, I had a hard time sleeping. We can chock it up to bad food late at night, too many screens before bed, and stress. I found it incredibly difficult to shut my brain down and give it a break at night. After weeks of not being able to sleep a full night, a friend of mine told me about the "4-7-8" breathing trick.

But what is that?

This method was developed by a wellness practitioner, Harvard-educated Dr. Andrew Weil, who studies meditation, breathing, and how it can be used to counteract stress. It's easy to do. You breathe in through your nose for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, and exhale through your mouth for eight seconds. She explained to me that it slows down your heart rate and it also releases chemicals in our brains that soothe you.

Pretty neat, huh? I was skeptical, but I tried it. It ended up working like a total charm. I was out before I reached my fourth repetition and it tends to knock me out easily in less than a minute.

This is good for more than just falling asleep though. When we're stressed, our endocrine system releases adrenaline through our adrenal glands. This elevates your heart rate and can make you feel jittery and unwell. Often times, your breathing also becomes rapid and shallow.

By using this breathing method, you counteract the natural effects of adrenaline and your body is forced to slow down your heart rate. It simply doesn't have a choice! When you begin, you may feel a tad uncomfortable.

But as you continue with it, you really do feel your heart rate slow and your mind clear. It's almost like you're spending a leisurely afternoon at a beach. So relaxing. Give it a try tonight and tell us what you think! You can also heck out Dr. Weil's site if you are interested in further reading.

mr_chin 02-01-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racerman88 (Post 8722420)
CPAP machine did wonders for stopping my snoring.
Helps my sleep apnea although it is minimal.
Thankfully extended health covered it fully

How often do you replace the mask?
Any other parts need to be replaced?
Are you still using it?

I got prescribed to one after I got diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.
Gonna pick it up on the 9th for a one month trial.

jackmeister 02-01-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOPEC (Post 8722451)
for people using melatonin, do u guys get acne from it? i took a week of melatonin straight and got pimples everywhere on my body, face, back, chest, arms. i now only take it once or twice a week.

no acne, but i dont think it's a good idea to take it for a week straight, dont you feel :drunk: every morning?

tegra7 02-01-2016 05:24 PM

I've been taking seroquel as prescribed by my dr, five years later I still sleep like a baby.