REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Mainland Chinese Buying B.C. Real Estate By Helicopter again (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665402-mainland-chinese-buying-b-c-real-estate-helicopter-again.html)

niu99 03-26-2012 09:12 PM

nobody's business

deleted

parm104 03-26-2012 09:15 PM

You know this isn't something that needs to be reported EVERY time it happens? It's actually a pretty common occurrence....

kwy 03-26-2012 09:23 PM

I swear, everything you post is stupid and annoys the hell out of me.

Wongtouski 03-26-2012 10:06 PM

Hey OP, I just saw a mainland chinese person at an LV here in HK, DO YOU WANT ME TO POST A PIC?

Akinari 03-26-2012 10:08 PM

I thought with all the cars posted in the Sick Cars thread, someone would've got the message by now...

LiquidTurbo 03-26-2012 10:09 PM

wtf. NIU99, NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!

yray 03-26-2012 10:24 PM

all that corruption money + rich families= rich daughters??? :megusta:

:troll:

double0seven 03-26-2012 10:30 PM

niu99? More like on99

For those who need a translate http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on99

CP.AR 03-26-2012 10:32 PM

WHO THE FUCK CARES ANYMORE

lgman 03-26-2012 11:30 PM

Vote mods to change his name to ONG99 to better suit his posts.

bcrdukes 03-27-2012 12:12 AM

I swear, OP is a troll. :D

FerrariEnzo 03-27-2012 12:28 AM

OP is prolly one of these rich bastards and just wants to brag... or prolly in the video

I dont really care about this, its not the first nor the last time this will happen...

FN-2199 03-27-2012 01:48 AM

All of OP's threads are about something China related.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...2c49o1_500.jpg

niu99 03-27-2012 08:52 AM

How do you feel when you are priced out of the very city you lived in all your life? You are forced to move to Chilliwack for cheaper affordable shelter. And replacing you are these foreign immigrants (whom got here after you) with their illicit money hoarding up all housing in Vancouver (and neighboring suburbs) for profit. These immigrants have no plans on integrating into the Canadian values and customs. They don't associate with anybody other than their own peoples. How does that make you feel? I know I'm not very happy. Or is this all apart of multiculturalism.

GGnoRE 03-27-2012 08:54 AM

:spamarama:

twitchyzero 03-27-2012 08:58 AM

must...not...feed the ...troll

too_slow 03-27-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgman (Post 7865324)
Vote mods to change his name to ONG99 to better suit his posts.

should be more like on-lun-9

Glove 03-27-2012 09:10 AM

theres one place the chinese will never get,

surrey

too_slow 03-27-2012 09:12 AM

^Could have sworn there's a large Chinese community in "South" Surrey

niu99 03-27-2012 09:13 AM

admin Please delete the thread. sorry

MG1 03-27-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niu99 (Post 7865576)
How do you feel when you are priced out of the very city you lived in all your life? You are forced to move to Chilliwack for cheaper affordable shelter. And replacing you are these foreign immigrants (whom got here after you) with their illicit money hoarding up all housing in Vancouver (and neighboring suburbs) for profit. These immigrants have no plans on integrating into the Canadian values and customs. They don't associate with anybody other than their own peoples. How does that make you feel? I know I'm not very happy. Or is this all apart of multiculturalism.

I hear ya.......... I'm in the same boat. Born and raised in Vancouver. Had to move out to the Valley to buy a house. Back then it was quite affordable, not like now. Vancouver back then was a pretty sleepy town. I've seen it flourish over the years, which is a good thing. I remember we were all proud of the city and wanted the world to know how great it was. However, it has grown too big and is loosing its charm because of the growth.

I agree with what you are saying about "some" of the immigrants not willing to integrate with Canadian values and customs, but what can one do? Money talks and bullshit walks - that's always going to be the bottom line.

Now I know how the first nations people must have felt. BTW, my family has been in this country for 4 generations.

Some people on here will say, "What values and customs?"......... uh, it exists. Canada is a pretty big place. I guess for some people who have never left Richmond will not understand what Canada is. Multiculturalism is great, but there are core values that have been in place for a long, long time.

Anyway, this is going to lead to all kinds of crap, so I will stop now.

Cannot go back to the way it was, so gotta learn to adapt..........

Drow 03-27-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

I assume that youre of asian descent judging by your username, just Like a large percentage of RS. When our parents migrated to vancouver, i would say it affected the housing prices just like how the fobs are doing so right now. Unless you can tell us that your parents were here since the early 90's, i suggest you stop bitching and either:

1. Move elsewhere

2. Adapt and earn a higher income to keep living in vancouver

toyobaru 03-27-2012 10:46 AM

one thing sorry if this is a stupid question. Its probably because i dont own my own place or anything yet. but i dont quite get is how can one buy a house in another country when they arent a citizen

Manic! 03-27-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

This is the land of immigrants. Someone in your family live in a place for all of his life then moved to a another country.

7seven 03-27-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 7865655)
2. Adapt and earn a higher income to keep living in vancouver

This, if you can't afford Vancouver, don't blame anyone but yourself, look in the mirror and figure out how to better your career situation, won't do anyone any good complaining.