REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Time lapse video question

Hi guys I'm fairly new to the photography game, and I was wondering if anyone has some experience with doing time lapse videos. I'm planning on doing one for a road trip (Winnipeg to Van), and wondering if anyone has any pointers or tips.
Also would 1 battery be enough for ~15 hours or so before a recharge or should I buy an extra one or two.
Camera is canon t3i, and I got a Intervalometer from eBay.
Thanks
Advertisement
Mozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
I personally have mine set up do that the camera runs directly into my netbook and it seems to work really well (used a canon t3i on a vancouvrt to manninh park bud trip). That way the computer software controls the camera so you can set different intervals and even change exposure on the computer it's kind of like a external camera remote. It also takes the photos onto the laptops harddrive as opposed to the memory card in your camera, this is very handy when dealing with long time span time lapses as replacing cards may be a hassle that can result in errors. So far I have only ever had both camera and laptop plugged into a wall so if it is possible, buy a adaptor to keep the two running on external power rather than batteries. If you have to use the battery turn off the preview and turn all brightness down in order to save as much power as possible. Also you may have to deal with varying light conditions throughout the day as it the day progressed so this may affect your shots and you will have to use an ISO that will work for both low light and bright shots. If you have any more specific questions feel free (sorry about the spelling
Mistakes..iPhone keyboard)
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote