REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Feedback on my project

Hey guys I really want some feedback on this project. It's just started up right now and I got the site running so I can share my idea for some responses. I'm looking for criticisms and comments on the idea rather than the site itself. I want to know what you all think and where some concerns and improvements might arise.

Thanks for your time. Here is the link below.
http://www.sponsorlinkup.com/home/
Advertisement
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Hey man, nice landing page. But there are lots of things that need changing:

-Information for website for tabs need to be updated
-Need attractive favicon
to see what i mean: http://grab.by/czZC

I think you need a bigger logo, and definitely something that's not just text

Also, your main banner is way too generic; looks like you just googled and stuck it there. Get something designed and watermark it with your company name and logo.

You should also consider a top or bottom navigation bar, this is way too empty right now. Also you shouldn't really launch until your "ready" to present your product/service/sales. I get that you want the traffic, and you want the feedback, but it really turns people off when they click the only place possible and it says stay tuned we're launching soon- and people will definitely not put their email in. I sort of get the concept of what your trying to do, but you definitely need more information on the landing page, and a friendly HD video will definitely help also. I can go on and on, but if you want more feedback hit me up in private. I've been doing web design for local businesses.

Hope this helps.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #3

Thanks a lot for your response! Much appreciated. Yeah I'm currently using a template right now for the website as I don't have much of a tech background. You were right about the banner, I did just google a handshake and posted a picture up there. But I'm glad you checked it out! All notes taken and I hope to learn in the future.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,570 Times in 689 Posts
I also agree your banner seems too generic. If you don't read too much into the text, you might think you've landed on a wrong url and get redirected to some random site advertising random shit.

Also, it seems a little plain, which might also attribute to the above.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

The handshake pic at the top on the main page, doesnt seem be to hi-res.

Last edited by GGnoRE; 03-29-2012 at 12:01 PM.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #6

KK thanks guys I've made note of improvements and criticisms and I've shut down the page as of now! Thanks for suggestions!