REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #26
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
That guy looked like a normal guy. The young black generation where it is cool to be stupid is the reason why black people face prejudice. Take for example this video, I wouldn't want my daughter dating anyone who talked like that in this video.
Fail me, whatever. At least watch the video.
The young black generation?

I think you're a little confused.

Every generation of youth, regardless of race, think it's cool to be stupid. I personally have encountered Native, Asian, Indian, American, South African, South American, and white European young people who thrive on stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
its really funny how im not racist at all but my dad is sort of in someways

for example when we talking about natives my dad would always talking about how they take all the government benefits but never give back or be productive & sometimes when i look back on the facts i do agree with him in someways, but i just wish he reword it so it doesn't sound like hes hating on natives

i think its just that some ppl word things wrong that make them sound like a racist
Racism is more often than not the product of ignorance. There are very clearly defined reasons why First Nations people receive certain government benefits, and as a people we certainly do give back and are productive. If you agree with him, I suggest you educate yourself a little more on the Canadian governments position on First Nations people, and more broadly how we have contributed to Canada, your Dad should do the same.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #27
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 10,615 Times in 4,405 Posts
Old people are racists because of all the shit that went on back then. I believe people are a lot more tolerant and understanding these days, and thank god for that. Showing compassion was a sign of weakness in the eyes of some people in the old days.

Having said all that, I cannot, in all honesty, say I am not racist, because I catch myself saying shit all the time. They are just words, but then again, words are hurtful. Perhaps it's because back then it was acceptable? I've changed a lot over the years and my wife has helped me with it. My children are uber cool. They are disgusted by some of the things I say and shame me.

So I should try to find that thread about thanking mothers and thank my wife for being a good mother to my children.

I don't think racism will ever go away, but things are getting better.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #28
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
racism will never go away, we can try but it wont. I use racial slurs all the time and when someone tells me hey i dont like that, ill respect their wishes. I honestly dont care what people call me. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

To answer the title of the thread, What would I do?

In that case I might interrupt them breifly there at the restaurant similar to the first guy and say this is 2012, I think if you two love each other go for it and as a loving father you should support your daughters position. I dont want to create a confrontation so I would just say something quick and go on with whatever I was doing.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
To answer the title of the thread, What would I do?

In that case I might interrupt them breifly there at the restaurant similar to the first guy and say this is 2012, I think if you two love each other go for it and as a loving father you should support your daughters position. I dont want to create a confrontation so I would just say something quick and go on with whatever I was doing.

So basically you would go up to them and say a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the father being racist....Whether the the father supports his daughter or not has nothing to do with you....The father being racist, however, does....You would be doing something stupid if you talked to the father about anything else other than racism...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
So basically you would go up to them and say a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the father being racist....Whether the the father supports his daughter or not has nothing to do with you....The father being racist, however, does....You would be doing something stupid if you talked to the father about anything else other than racism...
Sorry, I meant to imply that I would butt in like the first guy in that video and confront them due to the racism. (ie. this is 2012, racism is wrong and no longer accepted)
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Fuck All Racists
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote