REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Smoking part doesn't really matter. Fruits and veggies, yes a must. Try to take your coffee black its not that bad, or lessen your sugar intake significantly since you drink more than one cup a day from the sounds of it.
Has no one commented on the very first part of the very first post to "help" the op "burn off fat and gain endurance".

That initial comment makes it hard to even read anything after it (unless I misread what you mean)

OP, one of the best things you can do for your health is quit smoking (as I assume you don't want to just be "lean and versatile" without becoming healthy)

Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
^
The scientific argument against doing that is that it slows down your metabolism.
Well all know but I personally don't agree with the "scientific" argument, and question it's validity.

Skip breakfast, eat small meals, drink lots of water, you will lean out. (As long as the small meals aren't 99% pringles.)

I believe that your body doesn't "adjust" its metabolism over a period of say 4 hours.

I can tell that I have no trouble at all losing weight lol... gaining on the other hand seems to be an issue, unless I eat 100000 calories a day.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

1) cardio 3-5 days a week (till ur sweating pretty hard)
2) weight lighting 3-5 days a week (doesnt really matter if strength, endurance etc)
3) CUT CARBS (most important step, do your research find out what u cant eat)

i can tell u from experience that this is the fastest way to lean up. I've lost upto 20 pounds in 3-4 weeks by doing this
blagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

if you want to lose body fat you need at least 45 minutes of excerise and try eating less. If your hungry don't eat till your full just eat till your not hungry. Also get more sleep and drink tons of water. You'll be losing body fat a lot quicker
BN-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Cardio: I recommend swimming or HIIT runs on the treadmill
Weight Training: I do both low weights-high reps and high weight-low reps. Switch it up every week
Eat 6 meals a day: Each meal should be about the size of your fist. If that doesn't fill you then add another half fist of veggies
Skip the carbs: If you can't cut it out cold turkey then pick brown over white, eat it as your first meal
Drink lots of water: drown yourself with it, drink like its running out tomorrow lol But don't take this one too literally, don't drink to the point when it's thinning out ur blood
red kryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
^
I've been doing this.

So far, it's working.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #32
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
carb cutting works but its so hard to follow for the long run.
if you're going to the gym regularly and have the rest of your diet in check, keep yourself sane by allowing some healthy, slow digesting carbs.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #33
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
slow digesting carbs.
Would complex carbs fall under that category?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
yea same thing
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
You want to make sure you quit smoking entirely for sure... To the guy that says smoking isn't going to be a problem for you... Well here's the thing... Smoking has chemicals that actually speed up atherosclerosis which in turn promotes fat accumulation... And especially since you're trying to lose weight, that's exactly what you're trying to avoid...

1) Do aerobic exercises (60-70% of your max heart rate) After 4 weeks, increase the intensity of your workout by 10% either by duration or intensity

2) Weight bearing exercises, focusing on endurance first, and then onto strength. 15-20 reps with 1-3 minute breaks in between. 8-10 different exercises that work all the large muscle groups in your body.

3)Eat natural fiber containing natural complex carbs... and solid lean proteins to increase your metabolism. I'm not a dietician, so do your research and look for foods that are beneficial for your body. Foods that come to mind are fish, chicken breast, brocoli, nutella, whole wheat everything. STAY AWAY from refined carbs such as gummy bears, etc. When grocery shopping, focus on picking out foods from the perimeter of the store. The foods that are most harmful to the body are usually found in the aisles.

4) Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. As a male, you should be attaining 13-15 cups of water/day. This will increase diuresis, or urine output and you will lose a significant portion of your weight simply from loss of water weight accumulating in your body.

Find a way to fit in exercise into your daily lifestyle. For example, if your girlfriend/spouse enjoys jogging, make an effort to go out on a jog with them. Or if your dog needs to be walked each day, maybe go for a longer stroll with them. There will always be time/opportunity to exercise throughout the day.. you just have to implement it into your daily lifestyle.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #36
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
^^^^well said
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote