REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Dog Found Railway And Steveston (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665806-dog-found-railway-steveston.html)

Meowjin 04-02-2012 04:43 PM

Dog Found Railway And Steveston

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...11628093_n.jpg

this dog charged me at said location, after feeling worried it was going to get hit by a car, i took it to the RICHMOND ANIMAL PROTECTION SHELTER on 5 road and steveston, after giving it a warm meal.

It's a golden female lab, who had some fresh stitches in her right ear. She is extremely friendly and honestly I wish i had the capacity to take care of a dog.

Please Call RAPS.

CP.AR 04-02-2012 04:44 PM

call Spoon.Ek9

rsx 04-02-2012 04:46 PM

Damn cute dog! Stupid owners.

jdmhaze 04-02-2012 04:48 PM

You sir, are a good man.

Hondaracer 04-02-2012 05:08 PM

lol a similar situation in my neighborhood a while back me and a friend were at Tim Hortons and there was a german shepherd ala the littlest hobo running in the street

all these honger chicks were all screaming and yelling as it was running by them scaring it back into the streets so my buddy grabbed it and held it as we asked people around if it was their dog

finally we decided just to take it to my buddies house and find the owner/call SPCA, the honger chicks didnt know what to think of it when we were pushing a big german shepherd into the back of a EG hatchback lol

long story short we phoned the number on the collar and it turned out to be the guys older father who aswered the first time who spoke basically no english, and when we told him we had his dog, he replied with what sounds like "hehe hehe no dog! no dog!"

later the son phoned us and came and picked him up lol, good thing cause the dog was goin fuckin crazy haha

Anjew 04-02-2012 06:35 PM

cant blame the owners all the time... they sometimes run away out of excitement and curiosity...

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2012 06:38 PM

What a beautiful dog, I hope you find her owner. I bet they are just dying right now looking for her :(

bballguy 04-02-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7872901)
What a beautiful dog, I hope you find her owner. I bet they are just dying right now looking for her :(

I don't see any tags, let alone a collar??...That would make me wonder how much they are actually "dying right now looking for her".....Don't people leave their dogs collars/tags on AT ALL TIMES??...I would hope so...

TheKingdom2000 04-02-2012 06:46 PM

Isn't it extremely rare for dogs not to have a collar these days?

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2012 06:50 PM

Has the shelter looked for an implant tag? These days it's more common to use that than tags. Also, not all owners leave collars on their dogs 24/7... especially when tags are implanted rather than worn

cho 04-02-2012 07:18 PM

what a sexy guy by that dog, i'd like to take that fella home

bballguy 04-02-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7872923)
Has the shelter looked for an implant tag? These days it's more common to use that than tags. Also, not all owners leave collars on their dogs 24/7... especially when tags are implanted rather than worn

My dog has his identification tattoo in his ear and I still almost never take off his collar.

Meowjin 04-02-2012 07:26 PM

I'll check out tomorrow and take the dog for a walk. Hate the fact that it stays in a kennel or a yard all day.

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 7872961)
My dog has his identification tattoo in his ear and I still almost never take off his collar.

:thumbs:

SkinnyPupp 04-02-2012 07:26 PM

I say we reward Maijin by all chipping in for a new pair of jeans :troll:

Meowjin 04-02-2012 07:47 PM

I think jeans are the last thing on my mind lately :/

Pooface55 04-02-2012 09:52 PM

Sometimes the collar breaks so I can understand the missing collar. Good on you OP. :thumbsup:

TjAlmeida 04-02-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 7872910)
I don't see any tags, let alone a collar??...That would make me wonder how much they are actually "dying right now looking for her".....Don't people leave their dogs collars/tags on AT ALL TIMES??...I would hope so...

Your dog wears a collar in the house? Your dog wears a collar when you let him out in your yard? *if you have a yard and its fenced*

I dont see why someone would make their dog wear a collar when it's inside or even just let out in the yard to take a pee/poo. Do you wear the same clothes you wear outside that you do inside all the time lol?

I know my dads dog doesnt wear a collar when its inside or in the yard, only when they go out for walks or go for a drive somewhere.

Shit happens and looking at the condition of the dog it looks quite healthy so im sure it just escaped out of curiosity and was an accident and the owners are concerned on their dogs location.

Kudos to the OP for taking care of her and trying to find her home. If my dog were to ever escape or get lost i hope he would end up in good hands until he is found!

impulseX 04-02-2012 10:22 PM

i take my dog's collar when hes at home.

hope the dog makes her way back home to her owns. kudos to op for doing this

spoon.ek9 04-02-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuro Ray (Post 7872801)
call Spoon.Ek9

I approve of this thread :accepted:

good work OP!

bballguy 04-02-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tj.GSR (Post 7873237)
Your dog wears a collar in the house? Your dog wears a collar when you let him out in your yard? *if you have a yard and its fenced*

I dont see why someone would make their dog wear a collar when it's inside or even just let out in the yard to take a pee/poo. Do you wear the same clothes you wear outside that you do inside all the time lol?

Yes, I always have his collar on....and it's as clean as he is, so your comparison to me changing my clothes really doesn't work...and my dog doesn't seem to mind it at all...he doesn't itch at it or anything....

Quote:

Shit happens and looking at the condition of the dog it looks quite healthy so im sure it just escaped out of curiosity and was an accident and the owners are concerned on their dogs location.

Exactly...Shit happens...that's what you have the dog tags for...in case shit happens....Anyway, I would give the owners the benefit of the doubt, but this is a probably prime example as to why owners should try to keep their dogs collars/tags on them at all times. I'm sure it was harder for the OP to get a hold of the pooch as well without her having the collar on...

fliptuner 04-02-2012 11:20 PM

My dogs don't wear collars at home but they both got tattoos and microchips when they were spayed (which I thought was standard practice, since they're already asleep).

Anyways, best of luck to the dog to find a good home and good on you, Majin, for taking the time to help her out.

spoon.ek9 04-02-2012 11:27 PM

yeah, none of my boys wear their collars at home. there is a risk of choking while unattended (ie you're not home) especially with pups. also, in my case, my boys really have no chance to wander off on their own. anyways, hope the family picks up their dog. she definitely looks to be in much better condition than the strays i found!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66120...ease-read.html

http://www.revscene.net/forums/63687...ease-read.html

Gary Oak 04-02-2012 11:32 PM

i swear when i read the title... first thing that came to mind was spoon found another dog!

Lomac 04-02-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

I know my dads dog doesnt wear a collar when its inside or in the yard, only when they go out for walks or go for a drive somewhere.

Kudos to the OP for taking care of her and trying to find her home. If my dog were to ever escape or get lost i hope he would end up in good hands until he is found!

Why not? Before implants were more-or-less standard practice, both my dog and my neighbours dog managed to escape our respective yards while they were out doing their business. We both have extra high fences, but they both managed to find a tiny hole to escape through. Luckily we both got our dogs back since they were wearing their ID collars.

My best friend has two rat terriers (one pure, one a Chihuahua X) and they chase after absolutely everything that moves. Add in the fact that they're super small, so they can escape through pretty much the tiniest opening in the fence. It's more of a better safe than sorry practice and she'd rather not lose 'em. Yes, they're both tattooed but if someone snags them on the side of the road, it's pretty easy to read the ID tag and bring 'em back rather than go through the hassle of going to a vet or SPCA to find out who it belongs to.

Back on topic: Good job, Maijin! :)