REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Be careful when driving around cyclists (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665836-careful-when-driving-around-cyclists.html)

hongy 04-02-2012 11:42 PM

Be careful when driving around cyclists

Popular Van Tech teacher killed cycling remembered by colleagues

RIP to one of the best teacher I've ever had.

Bahhbeehhaaaa 04-02-2012 11:51 PM

sigh.. my gf's brother goes to tech.. and her death was announced today through the PA. May R.I.P now, we've just lost a young women who is capable of teaching his knowledge to our next generation.

xilley 04-02-2012 11:53 PM

RIP

hongy 04-02-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 7873349)
sigh.. my gf's brother goes to tech.. and his death was announced today through the PA. May R.I.P now, we've just lost a young men who is capable of teaching his knowledge to our next generation.

Was a female teacher. Amy Hurn.

dlo 04-03-2012 12:10 AM

RIP I always saw her in the halls and she always ask me if I'm new :lol

GabAlmighty 04-03-2012 03:39 AM

RIP, too many retard drivers out there.

MelonBoy 04-03-2012 04:27 AM

bike vs car.. they never win.. RIP, always try to give extra way space to cyclists just in case.. but i guess in this case she was t-boned/taken from the side..

FerrariEnzo 04-03-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa (Post 7873349)
sigh.. my gf's brother goes to tech.. and his death was announced today through the PA. May R.I.P now, we've just lost a young men who is capable of teaching his knowledge to our next generation.

http://www.theprovince.com/6400289.bin
either reading pwns you or your just a troll, the teacher is female...

Even though there's lots of cyclist that are bad and dont follow traffic, there are some that do... R.I.P.

LiquidTurbo 04-03-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hongy (Post 7873336)
Popular Van Tech teacher killed cycling remembered by colleagues

I know most of us drivers hate cyclists with a passion but just a reminder to be careful around them. RIP to one of the best teacher I've ever had.

I don't hate cyclists, speak for yourself. As an avid cyclist and driver you honestly have to ride with the utmost care. People will cut you off when there's plenty of space or pass super close to you. You gotta be careful and its almost like, be seen or be killed.

Pooface55 04-03-2012 08:54 AM

Sad to hear. More cyclists need to ride like everyone on the road wants to kill them. Some people act like they are invincible (pedestrians included).

too_slow 04-03-2012 09:42 AM

I stopped cycling after too many near-misses with "non-Caucasian" drivers in SUVs that are completely oblivious to their surroundings.

GGnoRE 04-03-2012 09:47 AM

RIP, I always give ample room to cyclists and give them respect for being eco-friendly.

jtrinh 04-03-2012 10:21 AM

RIP..

Who teaches in the science dept at tech now? Seems like a lot has changed since '08.

StylinRed 04-03-2012 03:28 PM

wth how old are you guys this teacher is 32 so imagine she wasnt teaching long

rip

and Hongy you're making it sound like she was murdered....

(the police said speed/alcohol wasnt a factor and the cyclist was cycling across the street when she was struck no word if she activated the crosswalk light....etc)

hongy 04-03-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7873965)
wth how old are you guys this teacher is 32 so imagine she wasnt teaching long

rip

and Hongy you're making it sound like she was murdered....

(the police said speed/alcohol wasnt a factor and the cyclist was cycling across the street when she was struck no word if she activated the crosswalk light....etc)

Edited my post since I assume that's why I got failed. Yeah I know it was just an accident. I graduated a year ago, and I've had as a teacher twice and I've worked with her helping other students, paperwork, etc. So yeah.

SpuGen 04-03-2012 05:14 PM

I went to Tech.

I've never seen her before.

Mike Oxbig 04-03-2012 05:22 PM

U do know that cyclist especially on Nainimo and 12th are pretty arrogant? They dont even look while they cross, automatically thinking they have the right of way with or without cars. Today i was going home from work this stupid cyclist just dashes through causing everybody to slam their breaks.

Watch out for pedestrians on victoria drive as well.

tegra7 04-03-2012 05:41 PM

I don't remember her.

Grandmaster TSE 04-03-2012 07:33 PM

she was after my time at tech, but RIP

Retrac 04-03-2012 11:32 PM

Graduated before she started teaching, RIP nonetheless.

GG 04-03-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7874115)
U do know that cyclist especially on Nainimo and 12th are pretty arrogant? They dont even look while they cross, automatically thinking they have the right of way with or without cars. Today i was going home from work this stupid cyclist just dashes through causing everybody to slam their breaks.

Watch out for pedestrians on victoria drive as well.

encounter a million of those in DT, and guess what?

those type of cyclists deserve to die, have their guts splattered all over the street. I aint joking.

RUnning red lights, not stopping at stop signs, hogging up the lane. FUck that shit

maxxxboost 04-04-2012 01:23 AM

Very sad news. RIP.
As a former Tech student, this must hit the students pretty hard.
At first when i read the title, i thought it was Mr. Martelli. Heart sunk a little.

SpuGen 04-04-2012 02:12 AM

I was almost hoping it would be Mr Lobo.

AzNightmare 04-04-2012 02:57 AM

Seems like I'm the only person that never had a problem with cyclists...

Either cyclists around your area are dicks, or you guys are just too aggressive/impatient and not sharing the road with them properly.

7seven 04-04-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 7874115)

Yea Nanaimo/12th area is absolutely brutal, pretty much every cyclist just blows through on the pedestrian crossing without looking expecting cars to stop. What the majority of cyclists don't understand is that they do not have the right of way and the pedestrian crossing is not for cycling.