REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Clutch Replacement PRELUDE

I gotta get my clutch replaced so i have to buy a kit. Honda quoted med 500 Just for parts but im pretty sure i can get it for a much better price than that.

Where do you guys usually buy your parts? I'm willing to buy online from the states and ship it to Blaine or even just cross the border if there's an auto parts store near by with good deals.

What's your guy's opinions?
Advertisement
Mr.Pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

if ur looking for stock clutch id look online, then compare picking up in states or shipping to ur door.
scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #3

yeah thats why i was asking where online. I found these but the price was so cheap compared to honda quote that i have my doubts about quality.

What do you think about this?

Honda Prelude Clutch Kit at Auto Parts Warehouse
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
you have an account at lordco? the tradeshow was just this week and there might be a book special for your clutch.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

revscene has 30% discount
UnName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #6

I think i made up my mind with ordering it in from NEXTMOD. The only thing now is that the mechanic that im getting to do this work for me says he can machine my flywheel for 75. Is this an outrageous price or is it just me? Couldn't I get a new flywheel for a bit over 100$?
Old 04-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
RS Lurker, I don't post!

if you can get a new flywheel for a little over $100 you might as well, google it?
93preludesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

NKK which is OE for Honda is only listed for $311 here locally. Which mean if you put on a smile and go to napa ask for part number 0762912 it will be cheaper than $311
Mr.Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #9

Ok, I got my flyhwheel and clutch kit shipped in. Now its just a matter of finding a place thatll do it for a good price. Been to honda and this other mechanic and they both said in the 500 range. You guys know of any places that give exceptionally good prices?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
one mistake you made was buying your own parts,usually u get a discount when u let the shop buy the parts. I say this because I use to work at a shop,they make money in both parts and labor so usually they will be a little bit flexible. EI(Back when i was a noob and didint know anything i paid a shop 500$ for exedy oe clutch,resurface flywheel +labor) isnt this better than (amount of $$)you pay on parts + the 500$ of labor.
Also they wont give you any warranty on the labor. Most or ALL shop only gives
warranty on the parts so if the part is defective you will still pay for the labor which is bogus since we know 80% of what you pay is the labor.LOL
jackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #11

well i managed to get an exedy oem replacement clutch kit and flywheel for close to 200 and paying a shop to put it in for me. Total will be around 550 so i think i made a proper decision considering Honda wanted to charged me 540 for labour and another 500 for oem parts.