REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   so im trying to sell my car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666165-so-im-trying-sell-my-car.html)

cho 04-08-2012 02:00 PM

so im trying to sell my car

and i get a reply

Thanks for the prompt response ,am happy to hear back
from you , am serious and ready to buy it from you for your listed
price, but i insist on paying through paypal cos thats the only means
i can do for now as am in the camp at the moment busy with my platoon
replacing the troops scheduled to go home.I was serving in Naval Base
Point Loma, in San Diego, CA ,before been deployed to Joint Base Balad
,70 miles north of Baghdad. I just want it as a surprise for my dad at
home and am sure he will be glad when he receive it .
Kindly send me an invoice from paypal or create an account with Paypal
and send me an invoice or money request from paypal for the payment .
I will also take care of the shipping and the pick up as am arranging
with one at the moment . I hope its still in good condition as am
trusting you on this .
Thanks and God Bless

--
i like it and i want to buy it get back to me

..how to mess with him?

alpinestars 04-08-2012 02:03 PM

Get the funds and sit on the money for a few months, see what happens.

If it was a local guy lowballing you on an ad that says "firm" or "no lowballs" then trolling him would be too easy!

Jgresch 04-08-2012 02:04 PM

seems legit, just go for it

Gerbs 04-08-2012 02:04 PM

see if u can get the funds first

twitchyzero 04-08-2012 02:05 PM

thanks for your reply

my friend scamthony espinosa will be in touch with you soon. He will see to have the car in Nigeria within a few weeks.

cheers

firebird79_00 04-08-2012 02:06 PM

i came into this thread thinking its gonna be another fing person thinking that its not a scam. I know its kinda different but people who lowball me i tell them the truck is in chilliwack and if they want to meet me we can find a time to meet at DQ. Then let them go for a nice long drive there and back.

optiblue 04-08-2012 02:14 PM

such a scam! Gotta give it to him though, he used military, family values, and religion to get your guards down! Open the account and tell him that you shipped it already via your shipping company :troll:

dangonay 04-08-2012 02:22 PM

You won't get any money. As soon as you give him the e-mail address you use for PayPal you'll get an "official" looking PayPal e-mail saying your funds have been transferred. But if you log into PayPal you won't see anything.

Usually this fake e-mail also says something like "The funds will be put on hold until you supply a tracking number for the shipment", probably to trick people who wonder why no funds are in their PayPal account yet.

murd0c 04-08-2012 03:29 PM

ask him for naked pictures of his wife to prove hes not screwing you around. Get her to write your name on a piece of paper to prove it is actually her.

The_AK 04-08-2012 03:31 PM

some inspiration

I messed around with a Nigerian Scammer!

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/www/images/FAGSCAMMER.jpg

and in one instance someone got a scammer to make a movie

FN-2199 04-08-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7879411)
ask him for naked pictures of his wife to prove hes not screwing you around. Get her to write your name on her breasts to prove it is actually her.

Fixed.

MK-EK 04-08-2012 05:03 PM

LOL tell him u sound like a good son ... i dont feel right selling it to you for my full asking price ... how about i give u like 80% off

static 04-08-2012 09:58 PM

This is a clever scam actually. Paypal does not have a "send money" request. He is hoping you slip up and actually send him the money by accident.

Check your paypal, you'll see there is a "send money" tab, as opposed to "send money request" tab.

I am sure this scam has worked on at least one person. I was in a similar position and emailed the guy back that his scam was good. He stopped harassing me.

GGnoRE 04-09-2012 05:51 AM

Send him 2 tons of trash and make him pay for shipping

melloman 04-09-2012 07:24 AM

^^ Anus Laptops. :lawl:
http://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109

CRS 04-09-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 7880022)

The governor will get you.

Serious lawls to be had.

He makes it sound like Arnold is really the terminator.

:lol

Psykopathik 04-09-2012 08:29 AM

no mention of the clique mob? i'm surprised. :D

bobbyhill 04-09-2012 08:41 AM

http://img.anongallery.org/img/5/0/4...pe-pokemon.jpg

shenmecar 04-09-2012 12:58 PM

Ask for pics of sister

Limitless 04-10-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static (Post 7879754)
This is a clever scam actually. Paypal does not have a "send money" request. He is hoping you slip up and actually send him the money by accident.

Check your paypal, you'll see there is a "send money" tab, as opposed to "send money request" tab.

I am sure this scam has worked on at least one person. I was in a similar position and emailed the guy back that his scam was good. He stopped harassing me.

Wut? He clearly says 'send me an invoice' a few times over
Quote:

Originally Posted by cho (Post 7879348)
Thanks for the prompt response ,am happy to hear back
from you , am serious and ready to buy it from you for your listed
price, but i insist on paying through paypal cos thats the only means
i can do for now as am in the camp at the moment busy with my platoon
replacing the troops scheduled to go home.I was serving in Naval Base
Point Loma, in San Diego, CA ,before been deployed to Joint Base Balad
,70 miles north of Baghdad. I just want it as a surprise for my dad at
home and am sure he will be glad when he receive it .
Kindly send me an invoice from paypal or create an account with Paypal
and send me an invoice or money request from paypal for the payment .
I will also take care of the shipping and the pick up as am arranging
with one at the moment ...

http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/1774/paypalvh.jpg

And no this isn't a clever scam. It happens all the time, I remember when I was trying to sell a few cell phones on craigslist and I would get dozens of emails from these scammers. It all has something to do with how they're somewhere far away from home, how they have some dumbass excuse for the buying the item for more than what you're selling it for, and how they're going to 'pay via paypal'. It's old, and doesn't take much thought at all.

Psykopathik 04-10-2012 09:32 AM

ask him what platoon and where he's serving. then BS him how your brother is there too. i want to see how he squirms out of it.

jpark 04-10-2012 10:46 AM

^they will just stop replying

BaoTurbo 04-10-2012 05:27 PM

Waste of time.

MWR34 04-10-2012 07:47 PM

I believe what the true scam is:

they ask for your paypal email to send you a paypal request for payment/ or send you an actual payment email.

you receive an email from a FAKE paypal, confirming you have funds awaiting, and to ship the item.

if you click anywhere in the fake paypal email, it will go to a fake paypal site, asking you to login. whatever you type in the username and password, gets stored, and emailed to the scammers. After you enter your real ( or fake ) username and password, regardless if the info is correct, you now are logged into a fake Logged in, paypal. with money awaiting in it. so you truely feel like they sent you the money, and you can see it in your balance. but always always ALWAYS look at the Address bar up top, anything else besides something.paypal.com or .ca is fake.

the websites are soo elaborate, even the lower links and banners link to the real paypal stuff. like terms of service, and contact us etc... so if you hover your mouse on most of the FAKE paypal sites links, it will still show proper paypal site links.... so always watch your address bar to know where you really are.

1990TSI 04-10-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 7880022)

you owe me like 7 hours from that post and the ones I found after