REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Wrapped lamborghini at auto show.. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666206-wrapped-lamborghini-auto-show.html)

jbsali 04-09-2012 03:53 PM

that wrapped lambo at the autoshow looked half assed. All the guy did was talk about how long it took and that the results looked amazing! feels bad..

mmmk 04-09-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbpping (Post 7880468)

:ahwow:

nestea69 04-09-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbpping (Post 7880464)
Yes you'd know about shitty wrap jobs wouldn't you? or are you here to "troll" again?

Nestea's car
http://i.imgur.com/kcTVT.jpg

so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? :))

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)

mmmk 04-09-2012 04:34 PM

^
You just hated on all the owners of grey supercars.
People always gonna hate, even yourself, don't take it personally :whistle:

TracerFX 04-09-2012 05:49 PM

That chrome lambo is a waste of a supercar.
I kept thinking that at any moment Oscar the grouch was gonna pop out of that car like a trash can (the chrome wrap sure looked like crap)

nestea69 04-09-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7880502)
The pictures were being taken to post here:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/412982-hall-shame.html

A truly impressive car doesn't need an obnoxious cheap brightly coloured vinyl wrap to stand out and looking stunning, the Aston is a perfect example. It projects elegance, class and performance without over embellishment.

Case in point, the Bond DB5. Subtle silver paint is infinitely better than cheap matte blue saran wrap.
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/...-bond-cars.jpg

i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.

ok, thats a different category of cars.The color has to fit the car, you cant just paint any car any colour. I chose the blue matte wrap because its unique, theres only 1 in BC( actualy up until last month when a gray M3 wrapped it in the same color), the car gets a lot of stares, many people take pictures of it, and thats actually the 1st car i've ever done in wrap so there were flaws but now they're all fixed and impossible to spot.I've done quite a few since then. If i had 2 mil for a DB5 , i would buy it, but i dont, so i make do with what i have. Many people like it, some dont, to each his own, but at the end of the day, the only taste and opinion which matters of a car, is the owner's opinion.

604nguyen 04-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880694)
i didnt say the Aston is gardbage, i was merely implying that a bright, out of the ordinary color atracts more attention.

but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?
:troll:

not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car :rukidding:

nestea69 04-09-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604nguyen (Post 7880732)
but what if someone doesn't want a bright, out of the ordinary color that attracts more attention?
:troll:

not every rich person wants a "hey-look-at-me-im-a-flashy-rich-douchebag" type car :rukidding:

Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy

Matsuda 04-09-2012 08:12 PM

gelousy is my favorite brand of hair gel

!SG 04-09-2012 08:12 PM

wrapping aint easy, done it, fucked it, know to rather give it to a pro to do.

wrapping in chrome is just to show case the different color, texture, outcome possibilities of wrapping.

wrapping isnt for everyone, i personally went with paint.

Lomac 04-09-2012 08:16 PM

I'm honestly not a fan of wraps. I understand the reasoning as to why people get 'em, and I have no problem with that. I just don't like 'em. :(

And yes, that chromed Lambo looked like crap. Almost looked like someone had simply wrapped it in tin foil. Kind of a shame, really. It looks decent in photos; IRL, not so much.

jing 04-09-2012 08:19 PM

Sure, your car attracts attention. Negative attention that is.

boogabooga 04-09-2012 08:25 PM

The chrome definitely didn't match the car. It brought the attention that the company wanted though. Also, the huge wheel gap....

Manic! 04-09-2012 08:40 PM

Vinyl raps are played out. It's all about the plasti dip now. :spin:

They had a story in Province paper about the lambo.

!SG 04-09-2012 08:49 PM

if getting attention was the aim for the lambo, then their mission was achieved, like it or not, shitty job or not, it got attention.

bbpping 04-09-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880571)
so let me get this straight....you think that wrapping a car includes new rims,fiberglass bumpers and new foglights?
Out of those "bad wrapping points" 3 of them were actuall wrap faults which came with time and replacing of panels because of rock chipping and "accidents".
out of all those bullet points, only 1 was about the wrap, which i fixed a loong time ago. All your other points were - my rims..? my broken foglight.., my fibreglass bumper and for some reason pointing to my signal light which the wrap was perfect on, and the piece de resistence, my temporary plates which werent taped properly? you need to get out more,lay off the forums. funny thing, i noticed people who make fun of other people's cars usually have much,much crappier cars... such as a blue cavalier? mmmk? :))

Btw not saying a grey car is bad,just saying a supercar in grey is bad because it defeats the purpose.(to show off)

LOL where do i start

a. you just admitted your wrap was shit, and that's the point here: your wraps are shit, you don't know anything about wraps, or cars for that matter, and you should leave them the hell along because the only thing you are good at is ruining them

b. I didn't make this diagram, it's in one of links I posted that shows your "wrap jobs"

c. LOLOLOLOL my cavalier... right. Guess what, I sold my rebuilt cavalier for more than the 318is that you claim to be "better than a m3" is worth.

d. I need to get out more? hahahhaha you made so many threads on so many forums about your wrap jobs, and even resort to making additional accounts to comment on your threads, and claiming you were just "trolling", I find it hard to believe you have time to go out and "wrap" cars

Meister1982 04-09-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880381)
if you give me that Full Frame DSLR camera i can make a Chevrolet Cavalier look as good as that.

what does a full frame DSLR camera even have to do with getting a cavalier to look like that anyway? :megusta:

mekaw 04-09-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880571)

You already made this mistake once well twice... backtracking other people's car threads just so you can compare it to your almighty 318i and 540i without realizing they don't own em no more. Better yet, it's just a DD.

and i'm sure you'll be googling my ID or look at my old car threads after this.

BaoTurbo 04-09-2012 10:56 PM

I see this thread going to FC soon. :toot:

1990TSI 04-09-2012 11:13 PM

I have 2 pink rims and 2 orange rims on my S13

the cars purple

it stands out

It's ugly as shit and I know of someone was taking pictures of it, or even talking about it, it would end up in hall of shame.

as should you

604nguyen 04-10-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880783)
Just because someone is rich, it doesnt mean they're douchebags, that sounds very gelousy

dude....i'm not sure if you even understood my post.....:rukidding:
what im saying is....not everyone wants a car with a colour as flamboyant as yours....:gay:......supercar or not....

some people just wanna be low key, nomsaiyan?

skylinergtr 04-10-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestea69 (Post 7880783)

LOL trying to talk all big because you have a "540i" and degrade others because of their cars. Let's get some real M5 owners in here to say your 540i is shit.

do you think your a rich boi and that everyone should be jealous of you? (yes, read, JEALOUS!)

you have 2 shitty old bmws that couldnt even fetch $5000 each if you tried. I know because you've been trying to sell them for a year now.

leave bmw's alone man...