REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
North Korea rocket launch fails, US officials confirm

Quote:
North Korean Rocket Said to Fail Moments After Liftoff

SEOUL, South Korea — Defying weeks of international warnings of more censure and further sanctions, North Korea launched a rocket on Friday, an act that the United States called a cover for developing an intercontinental ballistic missile that one day might be able to carry a nuclear warhead. But the three-stage rocket appeared to break up and collapse moments after the launching. Officials from the United States, South Korea and Japan called the launching a failure, and the Japanese government said the rocket had disintegrated into several pieces while still in North Korean territory or over South Korean waters.

“We believe that the rocket fell apart in several pieces and plunged several minutes after the takeoff,” said Kim Min-seok, a spokesman for South Korea’s Defense Ministry. He said the assessment of both South Korean and American intelligence monitors was that “the North Korean missile launching has failed.”

The rocket, called the Unha-3, blasted off from the Soehae launching site near North Korea’s western border with China, about 7:40 a.m., the South Korean Defense Ministry spokesman said.

In Washington, a senior Obama administration official said the United States would follow through on its threat to suspend a recent agreement to supply food aid to North Korea. The official also said the failure had proved the effectiveness of sanctions already in place on North Korea, which had deprived the country of access needed for a successful program.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/wo...-warnings.html

North Korea rocket launch fails, US officials confirm | Fox News

at this moment, Korean Government is probably telling its citizens that US or South Korea shot down their rocket
Advertisement
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
lol.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Good way to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung. FAIL. 2nd time already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
at this moment, Korean Government is probably telling its citizens that US or South Korea shot down their rocket
This is exactly what they do. Lie to its citizens....
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Maybe this is just a ruse...N Korea could just be using this to divert attention.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,826 Times in 870 Posts
so about 50 kidnapped scientist has either got executed or committed suicide
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

씨발
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
man NK is like the faggots of the world. every world needs a faggot.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts

AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,315 Times in 328 Posts
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

kim jong un, negged

bobbyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Gonna have to print some more supernotes now.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
The rocket scientist was too obsessed with them kpop girls.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,315 Times in 328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
The rocket scientist was too obsessed with them kpop girls.
he'd probably be killed for indulging in such things (no really)
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lol north korea
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

look like their ghost got spotted before the nuke.
striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
=dub.g;7884341at this moment, Korean Government is probably telling its citizens that US or South Korea shot down their rocket
but what really happened was they sent in this guy to do the job
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Chuck Norris heard North Korea had a new amusement park ride called "The Rocket". During his ride he kept yelling "faster faster" and became upset they didn't listen to his request. So he jumped off mid-flight and out of frustration round-house kicked the rocket in two before floating back to earth.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Hyundai
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
So apparently Kim Jong Eun told and admitted that the rocket was a failure to the entire North Korea... wierd you think they can simply cover that up.. but now they want to show its nation that they still stand strong by planning a nuclear test launch

Quote:
Embarrassed by rocket crash, North Korea may try nuclear test

Country admits satellite failed to go into orbit

PYONGYANG/SEOUL - North Korea said its much hyped long-range rocket launch failed on Friday, in a very rare and embarrassing public admission of failure by the hermit state and a blow for its new young leader who faces international outrage over the attempt.

The isolated North, using the launch to celebrate the 100th birthday of the dead founding president Kim Il-sung and to mark the rise to power of his grandson Kim Jong-un, is now widely expected to press ahead with its third nuclear test to show its military strength.

“The possibility of an additional long-range rocket launch or a nuclear test, as well as a military provocation to strengthen internal solidarity is very high,” a senior South Korean defence ministry official told a parliamentary hearing.

The two Koreas are divided by the world’s most militarised border and remain technically at war after an armistice ended the Korean War in 1953.

The United States and Japan said the rocket, which they claimed was a disguised missile test and the North said was to put a satellite into orbit, crashed into the sea after travelling a much shorter distance than a previous North Korean launch.

Its failure raises questions over the impoverished North’s reclusive leadership which has one of the world’s largest standing armies but cannot feed its people without outside aid, largely from its only powerful backer, China.

“(There is) no question that the failed launch turns speculation toward the ramifications for the leadership in Pyongyang: a fireworks display gone bad on the biggest day of the year,” said Scott Snyder of the Council on Foreign Relations.

In a highly unusual move, the North, which still claims success with a 2009 satellite that others say failed, admitted in a state television broadcast seen by its 23 million people that the latest satellite had not made it into orbit.

The failure is the first major and very public challenge for the third of the Kim dynasty to rule North Korea just months into the leadership of a man believed to be in his late 20s.

“It could be indication of subtle change in the North Korean leadership in how they handle these things, something that may be different from the past,” said Baek Seung-joo of the Korea Institute of Defense Analyses a thinktank affiliated with South Korean Defence Ministry.

“I mean it would have been unthinkable for them to admit this kind of failure in the past, something that could be seen as an international humiliation. The decision to have come out with the admission had to come from Kim Jong-un.”
Embarrassed by rocket crash, North Korea may try nuclear test | World | News | Toronto Sun

too wreckless for the new leader...
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

What really happened

Boinky is offline   Reply With Quote