REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Need a New FMIC?

*Clearance* Trust GReddy Spec-V Type 28 Universal Core

You're welcome.
GReddy Spec-V Type 28 Universal Core for $250.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
close to 400 after shipping.. Not such a great deal anymore, lol.

Godspeed sells equally good intercoolers for the same price and shipping is 40 bucks opposed to $120-$180

GodSpeed Project - Intercooler, Turbo Kits, Turbo Manifold, Body Kit
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
close to 400 after shipping.. Not such a great deal anymore, lol.

Godspeed sells equally good intercoolers for the same price and shipping is 40 bucks opposed to $120-$180

GodSpeed Project - Intercooler, Turbo Kits, Turbo Manifold, Body Kit

Shipping will of course be more. You're comparing shipping from Japan, vs some warehouse in the states.

I'll never understand why people sacrifice quality and performance on thier car, for a few dollars.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
its an intercooler. sacrificing quality and performance? maybe if he was buying a knock off turbo or something more extreme. i think saying that he will lose quality and performance from the Godspeed intercooler is a bit of a stretch and for most people is not worth the premium. why not save a few bucks when a cheaper model can be used and still keep the car nice and cool. in a lot of cases i would say an Ebay or what ever cheaper brand intercooler is plenty for most people's application.

Last edited by TjAlmeida; 04-17-2012 at 04:22 PM.
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post

Shipping will of course be more. You're comparing shipping from Japan, vs some warehouse in the states.

I'll never understand why people sacrifice quality and performance on thier car, for a few dollars.
Brb, buying Chinese turbo to run 11's while you're $2000 turbo lets you run 11's too.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj.GSR View Post
its an intercooler. sacrificing quality and performance? maybe if he was buying a knock off turbo or something more extreme. i think saying that he will lose quality and performance from the Godspeed intercooler is a bit of a stretch and for most people is not worth the premium. why not save a few bucks when a cheaper model can be used and still keep the car nice and cool. in a lot of cases i would say an Ebay or what ever cheaper brand intercooler is plenty for most people's application.

^ What he said

I'll never understand why people pay way more for a different name brand of equal quality when they can save alot of money. Brand whores / people who are sponsored via the bank of mommy n daddy then i guess its not a problem though

And for the record, Ive personally seen the inside of a godspeed intercooler and the inside of a greddy intercooler, they look the EXACT same. Picked up a godspeed one for 250 brand new locally and it worked great! Not bashing on greddys quality, but just sayin' their prices are a rip off and thats a fact lol
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Essentially, you could pick up 20 Corsair H60's and use them as your intercooler! The plastic piping might last about 5 seconds though.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

It's been proven on multiple forums, by people who acutally count (no I'm not going to go search for them again) that the ebay IC's are as good if not better than a lot of "name brand" intercoolers.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
RS controls my life!

ok but can we at least point out that the godspeed cores are bar and plate while the spec v is tube and fin and can we at least agree that tube and fin design will allow air to flow more easily through the core thus providing better cooling? (not necessarily better flow) when comparing a greddy type s which is bar and plate to a godspeed then ok they are equal but the spec v is a far superior design when comparing directly to a godspeed.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Essentially, you could pick up 20 Corsair H60's and use them as your intercooler! The plastic piping might last about 5 seconds though.
Bahaha, your work at NCIX is really showing. Sounds like a badass mod project, swap the piping and run a wall of these.
RicePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Not all ebay ICs are bar/plate. I have a tube/fin one.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote