REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
male grooming

question for guys out there.

how many of you take care of your appearance? i mean so in a way such as getting your eyebrows shaped every now and then, always clean shaven, wax your chest/back, shave/trim your armpits, your pubes n whatnot...

i ask cause i was out with a girl today and she says i was the first guy shes ever seen who shaves/trims armpits...wich kinda blew me away seeing as how i know dozens of guys who do this....so it got me thinking...

so, how many of you guys do grooming on yourselves?

stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I spend more than $40 to get my haircut from a talented stylist, I get my eye brows shaped, shave my chest, trim or shave arm pits and pubes, wear cologne daily, have had no polish manicures done a number of times with my female friends. I'm wouldn't consider myself metro, but I suppose I meet some peoples definitions of the term.

I enjoy and prefer being well groomed and I have never met a girl who would did not appreciate it.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i keep myself groomed but i dont go way overboard with it.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I spend more than $40 to get my haircut from a talented stylist, I get my eye brows shaped, shave my chest, trim or shave arm pits and pubes, wear cologne daily, have had no polish manicures done a number of times with my female friends. I'm wouldn't consider myself metro, but I suppose I meet some peoples definitions of the term.

I enjoy and prefer being well groomed and I have never met a girl who would did not appreciate it.
okay good, cause im basically in the same boat, i dont consider myself metro at all, but i do take damn good care of my body...ive never had a girl complain about anything i do...i just found it quite shocking that this girl has never seen a guy who shaves/trims his armpit hair...anyone who wears fitted shirts knows what happens if you sweat with bushy ass pits....biggest fucking sweat stains ever...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
IMO any grooming besides keeping yourself clean is unnecessary and contrived, this goes for men and women
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
I shower every day, use shampoo once a week and shave twice a month. I also brush twice a day. I get my chest/back and arms shaved whenever I am getting tattooed. I'm at the very lower limit of grooming I'd say, but my girlfriend likes me being a bit rough around the edges. I can't believe how many people in this city are worse than that though. So many homeless looking/smelling hipster motherfuckers out there. Being stinky isn't hip.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
IMO any grooming besides keeping yourself clean is unnecessary and contrived, this goes for men and women
So you're ok with girls and hairy armpits exposed?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmeister View Post
So you're ok with girls and hairy armpits exposed?
Hell yeah! I love it. One thing I love about mainland girls

But that's just personal preference, it doesn't really matter to the topic itself. Regardless of my preference in terms of aesthetics, I think it's bs that women "have" to groom a certain way. They should be able to do what they want.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #9
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

But that's just personal preference, it doesn't really matter to the topic itself. Regardless of my preference in terms of aesthetics, I think it's bs that women "have" to groom a certain way. They should be able to do what they want.
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
agreed

I clean my eyebrows but not shape. No hair on chest or back, so no need to maintain. Never did anything with armpit hair. I cut my own hair about every two weeks. Clean shave face about once a week. Trim down there every week.
I have dry combination skin on my face so I do use moisturizer. And sometimes body butter where my skins dry and itchy.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
Meow

I have bi-weekly haircuts. I shave my face once a week, don't really down there or arm pits. I cut my fingernails weekly but never my toes. Been to a mani/pedi before and wouldn't mind going monthly. I never use to moisturize but im starting to.
Araaadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Since I work in a warehouse, appearance doesn't mean a lot to me at work, sweats and hoodies on the daily. But when I'm heading out on the weekend with friends & such, especially if I will be out in public or will be around new people I haven't met, I try to make myself stand out.

Eyebrows stay tamed/cleaned every 2 weeks.
Clean shave or once in a while I'll have a short clean "Tony Starks" goatee my friends always claim I look like.
Nails cut and clean. I get manicures done every 3-4 weeks from a female friend for free. I especially love when the ladies notice them. (Great convo starter)
Haircut every 3-4 weeks. Just recently have shy'ed away from the typical Vancouver look of the faded sides/fauxhawk. There's nothing wrong with the look, it's just so common that I'd like to stand out from the norm.
I also trim the front yard and both high trees every 2 weeks.
Don't have any hair on the chest or back so thats one less thing to worry about.
Moisturize daily after showers.
Also have a variety of cologne and hair products to use on different occasions.

Look good, feel good.
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Trim and shave my beard.
Get hair cut when I have time.
Cut my nails almost daily. I play the guitar and my hands are often in chalk.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
That's why we say to each their own

TBH I am way more creeped out by guys with groomed eyebrows than anything else. I think a women with a dick is more 'acceptable' than a guy with groomed eyebrows. (sexual preference completely not withstanding btw)

But again, to each their own
Old 04-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
hair cut ever 2 weeks and a half
clean/shape eyebrow once every 2 months
shave pubes every week
shave stashe every 2 weeks
no facial hair yet
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
That's why we say to each their own

TBH I am way more creeped out by guys with groomed eyebrows than anything else. I think a women with a dick is more 'acceptable' than a guy with groomed eyebrows. (sexual preference completely not withstanding btw)

But again, to each their own
You have a red mohawk, no?

I vaguely remember a picture of you in the WO&T thread.

That would qualify as unnecessary aesthetic grooming.

To each there own, your grooming preferences as valid as mine. Just curious.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #17
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
-Don't wax eyebrows, lucked out in that department I guess.
-Never shave, always keep a little stubble (look like a kid when I shave). Or if I'm gonna shave, do it Friday so by Sunday/Monday I got good amount of stubble again.
-Trim the chest hair whenever i see it getting out of hand, used to wax but didn't like the look. I like looking like a lumberjack. Same w/ everything else. Plus shaving is a PITA and when the hair grows back it itches like a mofo.
-Wash hair/shower 2x a day, brush/floss/mouthwash 2x a day
-Never moisturize hands are rough and hard as hell but gf likes it, and again, lumberjack.

The only thing I get lazy on (and if anyone knows me, they'll confirm this) is haircuts. My hair looks like shit when it gets long, but its just a bad habit of mine not to get it cut around final exams/midterms time. It grows out and looks nasty
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
You have a red mohawk, no?

I vaguely remember a picture of you in the WO&T thread.

That would qualify as unnecessary aesthetic grooming.

To each there own, your grooming preferences as valid as mine. Just curious.
Yes to each their own. Obviously I include cutting hair, brushing teeth, nosehair trimming, and clipping nails as necessary grooming. But I'm sure you knew that, and are just being pedantic.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #19
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

not sure of srs lol

but if srs, props to you for being able to see women in their most "natural".

people in society think it's really only females that are brainwashed by how women are "really" supposed to look...but really, us males are just as programmed as they are.

imagine how it was back then when the early first humans came, lol.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
not sure of srs lol

but if srs, props to you for being able to see women in their most "natural".

people in society think it's really only females that are brainwashed by how women are "really" supposed to look...but really, us males are just as programmed as they are.

imagine how it was back then when the early first humans came, lol.
Oh I'm srs

It's a really new thing for men to be into women that groom themselves to look underaged. You can look at a collage of playboy centerfolds, and narrow it down to about 1998 or so...

But for the hundreds of thousands of years before 1998, men liked their women natural, and many still do. Actually throughout most of the world, they still do for the most part. It's mostly just US, Canada, and some parts of Europe who dislike natural women, for whatever reason.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #21
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I shower every day, use shampoo once a week and shave twice a month. I also brush twice a day. I get my chest/back and arms shaved whenever I am getting tattooed. I'm at the very lower limit of grooming I'd say, but my girlfriend likes me being a bit rough around the edges. I can't believe how many people in this city are worse than that though. So many homeless looking/smelling hipster motherfuckers out there. Being stinky isn't hip.
WHAT SHAMPOO once a week@@ I use it everyday.....

I don't have much body hair so I don't really need to shave my armpit more than once a month....... pubes every once to two weeks, Get my hair cut every 1 to 2 month, Shower everyday......

I don't go overboard though like I won't wax my eyebrows ever lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Daily hygiene (showering, brushing, flossing, deodorant) is a no-brainer.

Cologne usually on weekends and weeknights.

I shave every 2-3 days, because for the life of me, I cannot pull off facial hair. Even the slightest shadow makes me look like a pedophile.

Get a haircut every 1-3 months depending on how I feel like styling my hair, but never paid more than $20 for a cut.

Nothing wrong with getting your eyebrows cleaned up. I've never gotten them shaped or waxed, but my girlfriend plucks mine every few months.

Everywhere else, I trim accordingly.

I don't think that's going overboard.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #23
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
WHAT SHAMPOO once a week@@ I use it everyday.....

I don't have much body hair so I don't really need to shave my armpit more than once a month....... pubes every once to two weeks, Get my hair cut every 1 to 2 month, Shower everyday......

I don't go overboard though like I won't wax my eyebrows ever lol.
If you shampoo everyday your hair dries out like crazy
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I shampoo everyday after the gym..
Do you guys not?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #25
Old School RS

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,201 Posts
Now that I have relatively short hair, shampoo 4-5 times per week. When it was longer I had to shampoo every day. I simply cannot imagine only using shampoo once a week, my hair would be greasy as shit.

Mark