REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
$3195USD for a brand new bike

I was watching Drive and came across this, I'm no motorcycle guy but always kinda wanted a bike.

$3195 for a 250cc bike that doesn't look like I'm riding shrunken 600cc bike seems pretty nice to me lol, what I mean is that the 250cc bikes we can buy today look like bicycles with body panels from a sport bike.

While other modern day cafe racers are out there but aren't exactly cheap, there's a bike that I see and kinda want to buy since it's $3195USD and looks relatively good.

More pics here, I really like the Misfit Cafe Racer
Cleveland CycleWerks - Main
Advertisement
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
5 dealers in Canada 4 in Ontario and one in Nanaimo right were I live.
Cleveland CycleWerks Canada

Review: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...deo-91249.html

The original post video makes it sound like its made in the USA.

Last edited by Manic!; 04-25-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Lifan Motor =

On a serious note however...

Lifan scooters made their way to North America several years ago. Their dealership network fizzled away leaving people high and dry for parts and many shops refuse to work on these bikes simply because of the poor workmanship of these scooters. I personally don't know of any that made it over 1500km on the odometer that ran into a major mechanical and/or electrical problem.

While I do appreciate the idea and premise behind these bikes, I'm not so sure I'd like to sink my money into a frankenbike just yet. As an owner of a classic cafe racer, these bikes simply do not meet the requirements of a true cafe bike. All you're buying is the faux-pas styling but of course, this is simply my own opinion.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 04-25-2012 at 01:51 AM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
ah my cousin was looking into bringing over chinese made motorcycles years ago but decided against it due to various headaches he could see

there's a korean company thats pretty popular here now too i cant recall their name but they made cruisers/sportbikes that were relatively cheap and didnt look half bad; made better than the chinese ones

edit: Hyosung is what i was thinking about in regards to the korean brand
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Lifan , they made the mini cooper lol

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #6
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Hyosung is what i was thinking about in regards to the korean brand
They are worse than Lifan.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
You'd be better off with a used Honda Rebel at that price.

If you're looking for something unique though, try the Royal Enfield.

Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India

Its based on the old British motorcycle and its made in India from the original specifications. This is like the VW Bugs that were made in South America until the late 90s.

They have a simple, easy to work on engine and look pretty sweet/retro chic. Plus, they'll have a little more brand name recognition than "Lifan" and parts will be easier to get a hold of. Theres a dealer in Vancouver too.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
You'd be better off with a used Honda Rebel at that price.

If you're looking for something unique though, try the Royal Enfield.

Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India

Its based on the old British motorcycle and its made in India from the original specifications. This is like the VW Bugs that were made in South America until the late 90s.

They have a simple, easy to work on engine and look pretty sweet/retro chic. Plus, they'll have a little more brand name recognition than "Lifan" and parts will be easier to get a hold of. Theres a dealer in Vancouver too.
Good story about them in the local paper:
Legendary Royal Enfield bikes roaring back in India
Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Royal Enfields have a cult following overseas. Here, not so much but there are a handful of enthusiasts in North America. They actually are very well built and to extremely high quality standards. Amazing bikes.

Shail's Motorcycles is the primary dealer of Royal Enfield. They recently moved to Langley if I recall correctly. Their location on Powell is now a vacant space.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I'd rather go for a nice used bike or a 250R.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
ah my cousin was looking into bringing over chinese made motorcycles years ago but decided against it due to various headaches he could see

there's a korean company thats pretty popular here now too i cant recall their name but they made cruisers/sportbikes that were relatively cheap and didnt look half bad; made better than the chinese ones

edit: Hyosung is what i was thinking about in regards to the korean brand
they might look cool.but build, quality and parts availability is major issue with korean bikes. if ur buying a bike, stick with popular brands.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There. You're welcome

The 10 Cheapest Motorcycles in America - A List of the Ten Least Expensive Bikes You Can Buy

Quote:
The 10 Cheapest Motorcycles Available in America
Ten of the least expensive motorcycles money can buy

By Basem Wasef, About.com Guide

What are the cheapest bikes on the market today?

We investigated motorcycles for sale in America (excluding scooters, minibikes, and the like), and produced this list of the ten least expensive bikes available. A few come from recognizable manufacturers, most are built in China, but all of these offerings are dirt cheap; here they are, in ascending order of affordability.

10. 2010 Hyosung GV250/Aquila ($3,890)

Photo © Hyosung
The Hyosung GV250/Aquila receives updated ergonomics and fuel injection for 2010, yet still manages to stay below the $4,000 mark. Price does not include freight.

9. 2009 Suzuki TU250X/GZ250; Tie ($3,799)

Photo © Suzuki
These Suzukis-- the TU250X (top) and GZ250 (aka, Marauder 250; bottom)-- are two single-cylinder takes on the standard and cruiser genres, respectively. Though they're identically priced, the TU250X's 249cc powerplant is fuel-injected, while the GZ250's is carbureted; both achieve 82 miles per gallon.

8. 2010 Hyosung GT250 ($3,699)

Photo © Hyosung
The Hyosung GT250-- which was also re-badged and sold as the United Motors V2S 250-- is the cheapest bike in the South Korean manufacturer's on-road lineup, and one of the lowest priced sportbikes on the market. For 2010 the GT250 features new handlebars, revised ergonomics, and fuel injection.

7. 2010 Kymco Quannon 150 ($3,399)

Photo © Kymco
Kymco's Quannon 150 is another one of the most affordable sportbikes on the market, and this fully-faired bike is powered by a 149cc single, with a seat height of 31 inches.

6. 2009 Johnny Pag FX-3/Raptor; Tie ($3,399)

Photo © Johnny Pag
Johnny Pag is a Southern California-based bike builder who specializes in affordable, custom cruiser-style bikes designed in the USA and built in China. Though his FX-3 (top) is a naked standard, he's known more for bikes like the Raptor cruiser (bottom.)

5. 2009 QLINK Legacy 250 ($3,219)

Photo © QLINK
The Chinese-built QLINK Legacy 250 is powered by a liquid-cooled 244cc engine that produces 18 horsepower, and is linked to an automatic CVT transmission. The bike includes a built-in stereo with an FM radio and can play music from an iPod, USB flash memory stick, or MP3 player. This price includes a $220 shipping fee.

4. 2010 American Lifan LF250-B ($3,099)

Photo © American Lifan
American Lifan's LF250-B is powered by an air-cooled 249cc v-twin that can achieve 80 mph and get up to 90 mpg. The price of this Chinese-built bike is subject to freight and prep fees.

3. 2009 QLINK XP 200/XF 200; Tie ($2,819)

Photo © QLINK
The QLINK's XP 200 dual-purpose (top) and XF 200 supermoto (bottom) are built in China, and include a 2 year limited warranty. The price includes a $220 shipping fee.

2. 2009 Kawasaki Eliminator 125 ($2,799)

Photo © Kawasaki
Powered by an air-cooled 124cc single, the Kawasaki Eliminator 125 has the smallest engine of our 10 Cheapest Motorcycles list, but one of the most recognizable brand names. The Eliminator 125 weighs 320 pounds and has a seat height of 26.8 inches.

1. 2010 American Lifan LF200 (iii)/LF200GY-5; Tie ($2,099)

Photo © American Lifan
Don't let the American Lifan brand name fool ya; their LF200GY-5 (left) and LF200 (iii) (right) are built in China. However, both bikes are available in approximately 450 U.S. dealerships; they're capable of achieving up to 75 mph and 90 mpg, and are powered by an air-cooled 197cc single that produces 16 horsepower. This price doesn't reflect prep and freight, which varies by dealer.
Okay so 1 Kawasaki, 1 Suzuki.. heck they were probably made in China too lol.. and who the f*ck is Johnny Pag? "Designed in USA, Built in China," reminds me of Apple products. And QLink XP sounds like a Modem/Router to me
Duff Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
I'd rather go for a nice used bike or a 250R.
250R looks like a 600 with spare tires, just like a cool car on 4 donut spares. That's why I think it's hard to settle on a 250 sport bike lol
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
The Kawasaki is the only one I'd consider in that list... but at 125cc you're basically on a snazzy looking scooter.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #15

Hyosungs bikes have gotten lightyears better.

When you're looking at bikes this cheap from any manufacturer regardless if it's a Jap bike, chances are they are all made in China.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i just on a co-workers lifan & it broke down everyonce in a while & i was like

good thing there was a garage near by after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #17
I STILL don't get it

buy a Honda, ride the shiz out of it, n dun worry about it
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #18

Just like Honda cars lol
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

ninja 250 is a good way to go and re-sale is easy b/c it is a popular bike for new riders
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i'd rather get a cbr250r or a 250 ninja, but i like crotch rockets.

those bikes aren't bad looking though.

but 250 is a fun bike because you can redline it with less danger lol
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote