REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But shes a woman and a minority. So he's killing two birds with one stone. Where is he going to find a woman or a minority to fill her place?
Ill do a sex change and take the job. I'll b wasting all you guy's money and NOT get caught. Muahahaha
Advertisement
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Bev Oda is outta here!
Too bad it's not tossed out on her ass!

Bev Oda quitting as MP and cabinet minister - Politics - CBC News
Quote:

International Co-operation Minister Bev Oda announced this morning that she is quitting her job as a member of Parliament at the end of the month.

Oda, who has faced controversy in recent months over her spending habits, said in a message on her website that she informed Prime Minister Stephen Harper of her decision two weeks ago.

The MP for Durham said her last day on the job will be July 31.

"For over eight years, it has been an honour and privilege to have served the constituents in Clarington, Scugog and Uxbridge. As the minister for International Co-operation, I have had the opportunity to witness the hardships of the world's most vulnerable peoples and have witnessed the great compassion of Canadians for those in need," Oda said in the statement.

"I am grateful for the support of my staff and colleagues in the House of Commons and Senate," she said. "I wish to express my appreciation to the Prime Minister and his Cabinet for their outstanding leadership."

Oda was first elected in 2004 and was named heritage minister in 2006. Harper made her international co-operation minister in 2007.

He issued a statement Tuesday thanking Oda for "hard work and dedication" and "for her many accomplishments" in his cabinet.

"Under Bev's guidance, Canada has led a significant initiative to save the lives of mothers, children and newborns in the developing world. Bev has also promoted accountability and effectiveness for Canada's aid programs and has championed high-profile efforts to respond to humanitarian tragedies in Haiti, Pakistan and the Horn of Africa," Harper said.

"Through Bev's leadership, Canada has also met, ahead of schedule, its commitment to double aid to Africa. This is a record of which to be proud."

Oda's resignation comes on the heels of another Conservative MP leaving the House of Commons, Calgary MP Lee Richardson. He stepped down on May 30 to take a job with Alberta Premier Alison Redford. Byelections will be held in both ridings to fill the vacancies.

Oda did not provide an explanation for her decision in her statement. The 67-year-old MP worked in broadcasting before she entered politics and also served as a commissioner with the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission.

Opposition MPs have been calling on Harper to kick Oda out of cabinet. She sparked a controversy in the spring over travel expenses she claimed for a trip to London last summer. Oda paid taxpayers back for a portion of the trip once details of it — including an orange juice that cost $16 — were revealed.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
interesting how the article is only concentrating on her spending habits

there must be some new and major dirt that was dug up and she's quitting to stave off the imminent bad press/scandal
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Now she's going collect a fat pension.

You should be. Politicians only need to work 6 years to get a full pension.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

If she were to be fired for anything, it should have been this:

"Oda faced another major controversy at CIDA, when aid organization Kairos was turned down for government funding in 2009. Oda originally said in 2010 the agency did not approve funding because Kairos’ proposals did not meet the government’s standards.

But Oda was later forced to apologize to the House of Commons when a document turned up showing that CIDA officials had actually greenlighted the funding, but she had the word “not” inserted into the approval form."

Bev Oda resigns as MP amid cabinet shuffle speculation | News | National Post