REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #26
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It's not a car, it's a work of art.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKEABOSS View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but why is the Zonda not available in Canada? And if it's to do with regulation, does Zonda not think the Canadian market is big enough to justify some minor tweaks?
THE AMOUNT OF REGULATIONS IN CANADA IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!!

But yea, it's most likely safety regulations e.g. the bumpers aren't pedestrian friendly enough and/or something stupid like how the headlights are mounted too low. If they make tweaks like that, it'll ruin Horacio Pagani's artwork, and I'm sure that is not acceptable to him.

Look at the Porsche's in Canada for example. Have you not noticed there's two giant ugly warts on their asses?
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
The thing is, Pagani is a very small company and it chose to stay that way for the attention-to-detail it needs. They build somewhere between 25~60 cars every year. And this is the result of increasing their production capability 3 times due to the overwhelming demand.

So, at a price of 1~1.7m per car, even if Pagani manages to take 50% of profit, the net profit is only 30 something million a year. Very small for big enterprises.

Other supercar makers want to make it big fast. So they ramp up production before having orders in place. And when they struggle to find demand, they lose money on all the expansions.
Your points are very true, but Koenigsegg came out in similar times as Pagani, an as far as I know (quite limited), Koenigsegg isn't having the larger demand as Pagani. Both cars are ultra high end exotics and have a huge amount of R&D and passion put into them.

Those 20 points were extremely interesting.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas604 View Post
theres actually 1 zonda in Canada, Ontario, and that's an Zonda R. If you don't believe me you guys can check this out: Legendary Motorcar - Home of Dream Car Garage

it's the only one in the world with blacked out wheels and glossed out carbon fibre, the others are with matte carbon fibre and golden yellow wheels.

Supposedly, owned by some business person and he keeps the car at that dealership.
The difference here, though, is that this Zonda R is not road legal. It's a track-only car. A really fucking awesome one, mind. However, the owner can not drive it on the road, nor insure it. Anyone can really do it. I know a few local shops have shipped over cars not available to be sold in Canada and used it as a showcase vehicle, while others have brought 'em in solely as a track day car.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
Your points are very true, but Koenigsegg came out in similar times as Pagani, an as far as I know (quite limited), Koenigsegg isn't having the larger demand as Pagani. Both cars are ultra high end exotics and have a huge amount of R&D and passion put into them.

Those 20 points were extremely interesting.
I think it's the little difference in passion that made what Pagani is today.

I grew up in Argentina and the story of Juan Manuel Fangio lives in every young car fanatic in the country.

Horacio Pagani really took that philosophy and passion about cars from Fangio to the heart. He almost romanticizes the building of cars. And that compare to the Koenigsegg's ideology of building the fastest car out there, we see product that end up being very different.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK79 View Post
You got to remember that Zondas are not available in Canada. Want to guess how many Zondas you will see with N signs in UBC/Richmond if they were legal in Canada from day 1?
I wouldn't think that would happen at all if Zondas were available in Canada. all the ultra-exclusive stuff isn't sold to rich honger/mainlander kids. They don't have the connections to access them, not to mention the price of a Zonda is way too much for their parents to fork over hehe.

The Huayra is one of Pagani's answer to being able to sell their cars on our shores. I'm sure when they designed it, they made sure to place design aspects to ensure DOT crash test standards. USA will get it, I wonder if we will be able to get it in Canada as well.