REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #51
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Cayenne has a 8-10 month waiting list. The Cayenne S was my first choice but the waiting list is way too long.

6 series gran coupe is stunning but my dealer has no info on it. On the topic of coupe/sedans, I'm going to Audi in a bit to take a look at the A7 which is another stunning looking car and the only dealerships willing take my current lease in is Audi and BMW because I'm a return a customer so I'm going to narrow down the list to a few cars from both Audi and BMW.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #52
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
My friend just got his umber metallic S from Calgary.. it took him 5 months, just in time for his new born son. He then take it back to BC. It is not too horrible (he commutes in between both towns). That's only a bit a few weeks longer than a normal European car ordering process anyways. My beef with Porsche is more with MCL service more than the products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Cayenne has a 8-10 month waiting list. The Cayenne S was my first choice but the waiting list is way too long.

6 series gran coupe is stunning but my dealer has no info on it. On the topic of coupe/sedans, I'm going to Audi in a bit to take a look at the A7 which is another stunning looking car and the only dealerships willing take my current lease in is Audi and BMW because I'm a return a customer so I'm going to narrow down the list to a few cars from both Audi and BMW.

Last edited by godwin; 04-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #53
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Just note, yes they are torquey initially but the torque curve drops off pretty fast after the high point.. which is at pretty low RPM. You really need to be stuck on Highway1 during rush hour consistently to be able to see exceptional consumptions over an I6 (mainly due to the extra weight of the diesel subsystem and inherent weight of pretty much all the SUV mentioned).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
considered the X5 diesel? pretty torquey, good consumption, and good resale (for some reason they fetch a premium over the standard 6 cyl and V8's....)
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #54

So guys I got rid my 328i and got myself a black on black 2010 750i from BJ. I'll post pictures tomorrow cause I'm too tired right now.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #55
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Are you sure the Range Rover Sport is in the same class as the Q7 or the X5? Last time i checked RR cost a considerable 10k more than the Q7 or X5.

If you aren't keeping the car for a long time (3-4 years) I would go with the Range Rover IMO, as they have better wood trim, leather wrapped dash, etc.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #56
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
So guys I got rid my 328i and got myself a black on black 2010 750i from BJ. I'll post pictures tomorrow cause I'm too tired right now.
congrats on the purchase! is it dark grey with white interior?

if so i almost bought that car last week. its sexy!
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
congrats on the purchase! is it dark grey with white interior?

i almost bought that car last week. its sexy!
Nope, black on black, such an amazing car to drive. You looking to buy a 7?
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #58

Quote:
Nope, black on black, such an amazing car to drive. You looking to buy a 7?
I was thinking about getting rid of my rover for that grey with white interior 750i they have. i offered them 5k off their asking price but I think they have a one price policy at bj and would only give me 2k off (brother gives them tons of business) I ended up buying another rover. I know the rover gets beat in many categories by other cars/suv's but I just don't feel right without a black rover in the driver way

Ive been obsessed with range rovers from way before I even had a license. something about going out on a saturday night in a black range rover makes it so much more fun.

does your 750i have the m sport package? good to see you went with the 750i and not the Li. the li is just too long
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #59

I wanted the RR but there was a wait until June for the model I wanted. My 750i doesn't have the m-sport, just the sport package. The m-sport package looks amazing but I think that was only on 2011+ models. I might swap out the bumper and rear if it's possible,
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #60
I bringith the lowerballerith

I recently picked up an 08 x5 with the v8 motor. Overall, It was pretty much what I expected out of the vehicle. The car handles quite nicely and has quite a bit of mmmph. Took it up to whistler a couple of weeks ago and the hills and twisties were just as fun as when I had my done up wrx. Yes, the wrx can whip around the corners quicker but the x5 was much more comfortable. Then again, we're comparing apples to oranges lol

The x5 I have is pretty much fully optioned out minus the rear seat entertainment which I don't care for. Audio lacks a bit of bass despite two subwoofers. Bass cuts out quite quickly once the volume is increased to a certain point. But if you are no an audiophile, it will suit it's purpose just fine.

The major complaint from many fellow x5 owners across the board is the harsh ride with the sport package and run flat 20" tires. Many have replaced them with non run flats and have noticed a considerably more comfortable ride. The idrive system is quite a pain still despite being updated recently. You have to scroll through a ton of menus to get to what you need done. The navigation system could be a little better. The lay out is not as great as some of the other vehicles out there. I believe my friends tsx had a much more user friendly navi and more details. The reverse cameras are a little slow to switch back to the regular view when the car is back in drive. But I think BMW did that purposely so that it you were parallel parking, that the pdc (sensor) and camera screen doesn't keep flipping back and forth. I find that once you start accelerating forward over like 10km/h, the screen will switch out of the parking aided screen.

I have not had much experience with the q7 nor the rr. I have a few co workers who drive RR and they absolutely love it. Another individual I knew who had a RR said the car started falling apart after a few months of driving it but that's only one person that I have heard that from.

I am very happy with my x5 but it does make me a little scared what the reliability of the car will be once out of warranty so at the moment, every little abnormal activity goes straight back to the shop as everything they replace extends the warranty of that part for another two years. Goodluck with your search. If u need more info, feel free to message me. Best thing is to test all and see what toots your horn
crazie_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #61
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Your x5 is an 08, it still has the shitty windows CE iDrive, the new QNX iDrive is only on the 2010's or later
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
I bringith the lowerballerith

yes but people still complain about the large amount of scrolling around to get things done in the 2010+ but it IS a big improvement over the one I have. I personally don't think it's too bad after getting used to the system, but it definitely was overwhelming at first.

GEEK!! NERD!! I might be stupid but not dumb...
crazie_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #63

The 750i hauls ass, god I didn't know this car was this quick. BJ is detailing and cleaning it up so I'll snap pictures later tonight.

My mom is looking at the X5 so she might get one depending on what deal she can get. There is an white/red interior X5m in the showroom, drop dead gorgeous and seriously one of the best looking SUV's on the market, that and the ML63.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
i was there 2 weeks ago but my friend was looking at 750Li's.. i guess if its primarily for yourself the short wheelbase is great but his wife just had a baby and the extra space in the back is so comfortable
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #65

i was looking into 7 seater SUV's several years ago.
i basiclly narrowed it down to X5,MDX, and Escalade.

X5 - the last seats are basically for children. Less luggage space, but has a spit tail gate rear. the options gave me an headache. It drove really nice and it was very comfortable.
Escalade - i had difficulties driving this one, it was so wide. all the seats were too soft, but it had a nice touch for the interior. the trunk space was poorly laid out for the seats seem to be in the way
MDX - i ended getting this one, it was all around better in fuel/ storage/ and comfort. it only had a few trims, so options werent a problem
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
i was there 2 weeks ago but my friend was looking at 750Li's.. i guess if its primarily for yourself the short wheelbase is great but his wife just had a baby and the extra space in the back is so comfortable
The 750i is a big enough for me, I find the Li too long but it does have more legroom in the back. The Li is a car you should be sitting in the back and letting your driver drive lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #67
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

X5 or Q7; RR is garbage
09' BMW 128I Coupe (E82) - FS
04' BMW M3 Coupe (E46) - SR
17' Acura MDX SUV (YD4) - SOLD
15' Acura RDX SUV (TB4) - SOLD
14' Acura ILX Sedan (DE1) - SOLD
04' Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV (R50) - SOLD
07 Infiniti FX35 SUV (S50) -SOLD
06' BMW 330i Sedan (E90) - SOLD
97' Acura 1.6EL Sedan (MB4) - SOLD
99' Honda Civic Hatch (EJ6) - SOLD
84' Pontiac Sunbird Coupe (J2000) - SOLD
Kalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #68
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalize View Post
X5 or Q7; RR is garbage
That means there are alot of people driving garbage all around town. I see more RR/ RR sport these days
Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #69
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^RR are awesome until year 3.......then they are garbage......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
That means there are alot of people driving garbage all around town. I see more RR/ RR sport these days
There was a good lease deal on them last month so maybe that's why more people are rolling around in RR sport and most people leasing don't care about reliability because everything is covered under warrenty.