REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Buying airsoft machine gun from the United States (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667261-buying-airsoft-machine-gun-united-states.html)

1exotic 04-29-2012 06:06 PM

Buying airsoft machine gun from the United States

wanted to buy a airsoft machine gun from the United States, one of those for small or larger metal pellets... just wondering how big of a hassle it would be with customs? Like getting it shipped and taking it accross the border.

murd0c 04-29-2012 06:10 PM

other then paying duty I don't think it will be a problem at all. As long as it's csa approved tho im sure.

El Bastardo 04-29-2012 06:19 PM

Wave it at the CBSA officer when you pull up to their kiosk. They'll be so impressed by your purchase that they'll wave you right through.

invader 04-29-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 7903937)
Wave it at the CBSA officer when you pull up to their kiosk. They'll be so impressed by your purchase that they'll wave you right through.

Awesome reply

Gnomes 04-29-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Awesome avatar

Greenstoner 04-29-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

awesome avatar scar

twitchyzero 04-29-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

we'll hear about it on the 6 o' clock news :ahwow:

T4RAWR 04-29-2012 07:20 PM

i have a firearms licence and they hastle the shit out of me at the border.

you bringing a "gun" across might not go over too well.

yot065 04-29-2012 08:56 PM

make sure you report it im guessing, make sure it has a orange tip so it can easily be identified as a toy, have it in your trunk, make sure you know the exact location and tell the officer where it is so they may examine it, other then that might get some duty etc but it wouldnt be illegal as long as you declare it and tell them lulz (though i never brought one over before)

nickmak 04-29-2012 08:58 PM

the potential of you getting a finger or 5 up your ass seems quite high with this one bud. the question is how bad do you want a fake machine gun

sexyaccord 04-29-2012 09:01 PM

get it shipped to your house, don't carry it across with you

yot065 04-29-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexyaccord (Post 7904100)
get it shipped to your house, don't carry it across with you

but theres a risk of getting seized at the border though lulzz, at lease you get a chance to explain it to the border guard when you tell them.

SolidPenguin 04-29-2012 09:07 PM

Any sort of Airsoft resembling a real firearm is prohibited to be shipped or carried across the border. They will be seized. Regardless of how many fps it shoots or if it has an orange tip or not.

Unless they have a clear receiver, they wont make it through, and they will most likely hassle you a bit if its carried over in person.
The reason why airsofts sold in canada (without clear bodies) are so much more expensive than US counterparts is because there are several licences that must be aquired that are only available to businesses. And they are not easy to get. So after all the expenses on getting these permits it costs the importers a lot to even get their businesses running then actually importing the guns from asia or the states.

Been a member on airsoftcanada.com for years and this topic has been discussed to death.
I havent kept up recently, i dont know if any of the laws/rules have changed, although it is very unlikely.

bartone 04-29-2012 09:51 PM

Best bet would to be call CBSA or email them and ask them if you are allowed to or not.

AzNightmare 04-30-2012 12:43 AM

From what I understand, I don't think any type of "weapons" like that can be purchased and brought across the border by a regular citizen.
It will get seized either way from online ordering (from the USA) or carrying it across yourself.

Better to buy it from a Canadian online store like http://www.airgunsource.com
A few years ago, I bought a bunch of guns from them. No hassle and no issues whatsoever.

But like some have already said, best to ask contact CBSA to be 100% sure.

SoulCrusher 04-30-2012 01:46 AM

If it shoots 500 fps or more, it will be classified as a firearm and in this case it will be considered prohibited.

Supafly 04-30-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7903921)
wanted to buy a airsoft machine gun from the United States, one of those for small or larger metal pellets... just wondering how big of a hassle it would be with customs? Like getting it shipped and taking it accross the border.

An Airsoft gun??

or a

Pellet gun???

these two are NOT the same; Airsoft are NOT allowed across the border....but metal air operated pellet guns are.:suspicious:

46_valentinor 04-30-2012 12:37 PM

i brought over a pellet gun before that was rated at 475fps. it looked exactly like a real pistol except it didn't resemble any of the actual guns. i got ordered into customs and i showed them the canadian regulations regarding fps and because it was under 500fps i was waved through.

SolidPenguin 04-30-2012 01:10 PM

Yup, that is allowed because it didnt resemble any real firearm.

Thats why pellet guns under 500fps (over 500 with PAL) is allowed and no airsofts (without clear recievers) are allowed.

2damaxmr2 04-30-2012 08:21 PM

LOL @ airsoft.

Yodamaster 05-02-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidPenguin (Post 7904106)
Any sort of Airsoft resembling a real firearm is prohibited to be shipped or carried across the border. They will be seized. Regardless of how many fps it shoots or if it has an orange tip or not.

Unless they have a clear receiver, they wont make it through, and they will most likely hassle you a bit if its carried over in person.
The reason why airsofts sold in canada (without clear bodies) are so much more expensive than US counterparts is because there are several licences that must be aquired that are only available to businesses. And they are not easy to get. So after all the expenses on getting these permits it costs the importers a lot to even get their businesses running then actually importing the guns from asia or the states.

Been a member on airsoftcanada.com for years and this topic has been discussed to death.
I havent kept up recently, i dont know if any of the laws/rules have changed, although it is very unlikely.

I got my 350fps ball bearing spitter for $60, no orange tip, all metal, no plastic. Realistic cycling action (GBB), Could easily be mistaken for a real gun.

Bought it at Princess Auto, made in America and hasn't let me down once.

SolidPenguin 05-02-2012 10:24 PM

theres metal gbbs at canadian tire that you can buy that COULD be mistaken as well.

But what they are very strict on are ones that look like real world counter parts e.g. glock, berettas, M4s etc.

It can be a hit or miss, but like i said from what i personally know it is more likely that they will seize it. I've shipped stuff from the US and Asia before they got really strict.
Its up to OP if he wants to take the risk.

static 05-03-2012 12:32 AM

buy it and ship to pt. roberts, take it apart, and ship individual components back to your home.

This may, or may not, be legal.

AzNightmare 05-03-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodamaster (Post 7907478)
I got my 350fps ball bearing spitter for $60, no orange tip, all metal, no plastic. Realistic cycling action (GBB), Could easily be mistaken for a real gun.

Bought it at Princess Auto, made in America and hasn't let me down once.

Well if you didn't have to import it across national border, then there's no hassle. Any airsoft gun purchased within Canada is fine.
The key is to get the gun in Canada border in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by static (Post 7907631)
buy it and ship to pt. roberts, take it apart, and ship individual components back to your home.

This may, or may not, be legal.

I think this is legal... but I'm not 100% sure. But depending on what airsoft you're buying, some aren't made to be taken apart...
unless you mean breaking the gun and gluing it back together or something...