REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Buying airsoft machine gun from the United States

wanted to buy a airsoft machine gun from the United States, one of those for small or larger metal pellets... just wondering how big of a hassle it would be with customs? Like getting it shipped and taking it accross the border.
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
other then paying duty I don't think it will be a problem at all. As long as it's csa approved tho im sure.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Wave it at the CBSA officer when you pull up to their kiosk. They'll be so impressed by your purchase that they'll wave you right through.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Wave it at the CBSA officer when you pull up to their kiosk. They'll be so impressed by your purchase that they'll wave you right through.
Awesome reply
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Awesome avatar
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
awesome avatar scar
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,807 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
we'll hear about it on the 6 o' clock news
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
i have a firearms licence and they hastle the shit out of me at the border.

you bringing a "gun" across might not go over too well.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

make sure you report it im guessing, make sure it has a orange tip so it can easily be identified as a toy, have it in your trunk, make sure you know the exact location and tell the officer where it is so they may examine it, other then that might get some duty etc but it wouldnt be illegal as long as you declare it and tell them lulz (though i never brought one over before)
yot065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

the potential of you getting a finger or 5 up your ass seems quite high with this one bud. the question is how bad do you want a fake machine gun
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

get it shipped to your house, don't carry it across with you
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #12
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyaccord View Post
get it shipped to your house, don't carry it across with you
but theres a risk of getting seized at the border though lulzz, at lease you get a chance to explain it to the border guard when you tell them.
yot065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Any sort of Airsoft resembling a real firearm is prohibited to be shipped or carried across the border. They will be seized. Regardless of how many fps it shoots or if it has an orange tip or not.

Unless they have a clear receiver, they wont make it through, and they will most likely hassle you a bit if its carried over in person.
The reason why airsofts sold in canada (without clear bodies) are so much more expensive than US counterparts is because there are several licences that must be aquired that are only available to businesses. And they are not easy to get. So after all the expenses on getting these permits it costs the importers a lot to even get their businesses running then actually importing the guns from asia or the states.

Been a member on airsoftcanada.com for years and this topic has been discussed to death.
I havent kept up recently, i dont know if any of the laws/rules have changed, although it is very unlikely.

Last edited by SolidPenguin; 04-30-2012 at 02:12 AM.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Best bet would to be call CBSA or email them and ask them if you are allowed to or not.
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
From what I understand, I don't think any type of "weapons" like that can be purchased and brought across the border by a regular citizen.
It will get seized either way from online ordering (from the USA) or carrying it across yourself.

Better to buy it from a Canadian online store like http://www.airgunsource.com
A few years ago, I bought a bunch of guns from them. No hassle and no issues whatsoever.

But like some have already said, best to ask contact CBSA to be 100% sure.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #16
Not a mod

If it shoots 500 fps or more, it will be classified as a firearm and in this case it will be considered prohibited.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
wanted to buy a airsoft machine gun from the United States, one of those for small or larger metal pellets... just wondering how big of a hassle it would be with customs? Like getting it shipped and taking it accross the border.
An Airsoft gun??

or a

Pellet gun???

these two are NOT the same; Airsoft are NOT allowed across the border....but metal air operated pellet guns are.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i brought over a pellet gun before that was rated at 475fps. it looked exactly like a real pistol except it didn't resemble any of the actual guns. i got ordered into customs and i showed them the canadian regulations regarding fps and because it was under 500fps i was waved through.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #19

Yup, that is allowed because it didnt resemble any real firearm.

Thats why pellet guns under 500fps (over 500 with PAL) is allowed and no airsofts (without clear recievers) are allowed.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

LOL @ airsoft.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
Any sort of Airsoft resembling a real firearm is prohibited to be shipped or carried across the border. They will be seized. Regardless of how many fps it shoots or if it has an orange tip or not.

Unless they have a clear receiver, they wont make it through, and they will most likely hassle you a bit if its carried over in person.
The reason why airsofts sold in canada (without clear bodies) are so much more expensive than US counterparts is because there are several licences that must be aquired that are only available to businesses. And they are not easy to get. So after all the expenses on getting these permits it costs the importers a lot to even get their businesses running then actually importing the guns from asia or the states.

Been a member on airsoftcanada.com for years and this topic has been discussed to death.
I havent kept up recently, i dont know if any of the laws/rules have changed, although it is very unlikely.

I got my 350fps ball bearing spitter for $60, no orange tip, all metal, no plastic. Realistic cycling action (GBB), Could easily be mistaken for a real gun.

Bought it at Princess Auto, made in America and hasn't let me down once.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #22

theres metal gbbs at canadian tire that you can buy that COULD be mistaken as well.

But what they are very strict on are ones that look like real world counter parts e.g. glock, berettas, M4s etc.

It can be a hit or miss, but like i said from what i personally know it is more likely that they will seize it. I've shipped stuff from the US and Asia before they got really strict.
Its up to OP if he wants to take the risk.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #23
Banned By Establishment

buy it and ship to pt. roberts, take it apart, and ship individual components back to your home.

This may, or may not, be legal.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #24
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I got my 350fps ball bearing spitter for $60, no orange tip, all metal, no plastic. Realistic cycling action (GBB), Could easily be mistaken for a real gun.

Bought it at Princess Auto, made in America and hasn't let me down once.
Well if you didn't have to import it across national border, then there's no hassle. Any airsoft gun purchased within Canada is fine.
The key is to get the gun in Canada border in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
buy it and ship to pt. roberts, take it apart, and ship individual components back to your home.

This may, or may not, be legal.
I think this is legal... but I'm not 100% sure. But depending on what airsoft you're buying, some aren't made to be taken apart...
unless you mean breaking the gun and gluing it back together or something...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote