REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #101
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
^^ being mistreated is being mistreated i could care less about their supposed chosen "profession"
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #102
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
So some of you support a man suing for 20 mil who was busted in a drug sting?

Its reasonable for us to feel empathy for people who aren't suspected drug dealers being put into this system, and I'm not saying this man is guilty, but he was arrested in suspicion of a crime... and from what I can tell, he hasn't had the charges dropped.

I don't support a suspected drug dealer getting $20mil from a government agency that ultimately does more good than harm.

Also, common sense dictates you don't eat shit you find on the floor of a jail cell. Are the entrance requirements for UCSD so low that they accept people who think its reasonable to eat white powder you find on the ground?
Spending a few days in a dark room by yourself will make you do crazy things also 20 mill is just the starting point.

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #103
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
So some of you support a man suing for 20 mil who was busted in a drug sting?

Its reasonable for us to feel empathy for people who aren't suspected drug dealers being put into this system, and I'm not saying this man is guilty, but he was arrested in suspicion of a crime... and from what I can tell, he hasn't had the charges dropped.

I don't support a suspected drug dealer getting $20mil from a government agency that ultimately does more good than harm.

Also, common sense dictates you don't eat shit you find on the floor of a jail cell. Are the entrance requirements for UCSD so low that they accept people who think its reasonable to eat white powder you find on the ground?
Is this a serious post? He was never charged.

The guy wasn't "busted in a drug sting". He was at a house smoking a J on 420. Other people were busted for mushrooms and ecstacy and were sent to jail. He was brought in for questioning, told he was not being charged, was being released, and that they would drive him home.

They then left him in a cell, handcuffed, with no lights, no toilet, no food, no water, and no expectation that anyone would ever help him get out. He could hear people outside his door but no one would respond to his cries for help.

Anyone saying they would go through that same thing for a million dollars is kidding themselves. Sure if you had the retrospect that you would get out alive, that is one thing.. but this guy didn't know that.

What do you think starts going through your mind after 24 hours of solitary confinement? 48 hours? How about when the lights go off... for days... 72 hours passes without a single person checking in on you and you slowly start to realize that there is a very legitimate chance you are going to die in that cell... that would seriously fuck with anyone.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #104
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Remember that guy locked in the elevator for 2-3 days no food no water taking a leak/dump in the corner. He wasn't locked in a dark cell & handcuffed but basically lost his mind stuck in a elevator this dea case is worse and as bad as it comes. You know how you go to work in the morning and by noon you are hungry bahahaha 5 days= 15 meals plus 20L of liquids (4L per day) that would turn me into a raisin.
impulse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #105

BTW people just because a claim asks for $20 million does not mean that it is what he is going to get... remember the McDonalds coffee incident when the lady was awarded millions of dollars... she apparently ended up with less than $600K in settlement.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #106
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
is there a syndrome or phenomenomomoemoneoneone that describes that everytime there is a thread about lawsuits that someone brings up the mcdonalds hot coffee?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #107
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,747 Posts
Someone google up hot coffee and take I look at the pictures. She deserved to get all the money she got. The pictures are NSFW.

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
is there a syndrome or phenomenomomoemoneoneone that describes that everytime there is a thread about lawsuits that someone brings up the mcdonalds hot coffee?
I brought it up because it's the easiest and most famous example to explain the misconceptions that the public have when they see a $20 million dollar lawsuit claim in America (see multiple posts in this thread).
Old 07-31-2013, 03:36 AM   #109
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Dude got $4-mill.

Quote:
A university student in the US city of San Diego has received $4.1m (2.7m) from the US government after he was abandoned for more than four days in a prison cell, his lawyer said.

Daniel Chong said he drank his urine to stay alive, tried to carve a message to his mother on his arm and hallucinated.

He was held in a drug raid in 2012, but told he would not be charged. Nobody returned to his cell for four days.

The justice department's inspector is now investigating what happened.

Mr Chong, now 25, said he slid a shoelace under the door and screamed to get attention before five or six people found him covered in his faeces in the cell at the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) San Diego headquarters.

After Mr Chong was rescued, he spent five days in hospital recovering from dehydration, kidney failure, cramps and a perforated oesophagus. He also lost 15lb (7kg).

'Horrible accident'
Mr Chong was one of nine people detained in the raid in April 2012. Authorities determined that they would not pursue charges after questioning him.

One of Mr Chong's lawyers said a police officer then put him in the holding cell and told him: "We'll come get you in a minute."

Mr Chong said he thought he was forgotten by mistake.

"It sounded like it was an accident - a really, really bad, horrible accident," he said.

The 5-by-10-foot (1.5-3m) cell had no windows and Mr Chong had no food or water while he was trapped inside for four-and-a-half days.

Mr Chong said he started hallucinating on the third day.

He urinated on a metal bench so he could have something to drink. He also unsuccessfully tried to set off a fire sprinkler to draw attention of the DEA authorities.

"I didn't just sit there quietly. I was kicking the door yelling," he was quoted as saying by the Associated Press news agency.

"I even put some shoestrings, shoelaces through the crack of the door for visual signs. I didn't stay still, no, I was screaming."

At one point, Mr Chong admitted, he thought he was going to die. He broke his eyeglasses by biting into them and tried to carve a "Sorry Mom" farewell message. He managed to finish an "S".

DEA spokeswoman Allison Price confirmed that the $4.1m settlement had been reached, without providing further details, according to the AP.

The incident prompted the head of the DEA to issue a public apology last May, saying he was "deeply troubled" by the incident.

Mr Chong's lawyer said that as a result of the incident the DEA had introduced new policies for detention, including checking cells daily and installing cameras inside them.

Mr Chong, now an economics student at the University of California, says he plans to buy his parents a house.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23512853
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #110
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
5 days 4 million.

DEA COME GET ME AND LEAVE ME IN FOR 10 DAYS !!! (innocent that is)

on another note, some dude asks "howd you become a millionaire"
chong : "oh, I drank my own piss in a room for 5 days."
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM   #111
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
I thought he would have received more....
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #112
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
^^^ well it was a settlement they didn't go to trial
he gets 3.2million after fees etc according to cbc Student forgotten for days in cell to get $4M from U.S. - World - CBC News
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #113
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I wonder how Bear Grylls feels about Mr. Chong drinking urine surviving in his cell then get millions.
Posted via RS Mobile
Sentinel is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #114
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
interesting. dude gets stuck in a cell due to a drug investigation and has to drink some urine... RS'ers say he should be getting millions. Dude pulls out a knife on a bus, doesn't hurt anyone, gets shot at 9 times by police, RS'ers say he deserved it and his own fault for being an idiot....

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #115
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,900 Times in 1,421 Posts
^ cause he did nothing illegal, was at the wrong place wrong time, hanging with the wrong people

and knife on a bus, screaming profanity and being aggressive? that warrants to being shot in most cases, but definitely not deserving of 9 shots
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #116
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
and how do you know that he did nothing illegal? Just because no charges were filed doesn't mean he's innocent. as far as the guy on the bus goes, none of the things you listed are illegal, so why did he DESERVE to be shot?

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #117
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,927 Times in 612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
and how do you know that he did nothing illegal? Just because no charges were filed doesn't mean he's innocent. as far as the guy on the bus goes, none of the things you listed are illegal, so why did he DESERVE to be shot?
just curious, do you have fetal alcohol syndrome or something? its hard to believe someone without massive mental disabilities could be this stupid

as per the bill of rights
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges ... of citizens ... nor ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny ... the equal protection of the laws"

and also um, something we like to call habeas corpus

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 07-31-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #118
dlo

do you not read? i said he doesnt deserve to get shot 9 times.. guess thas how cops subdue people now a days
if u were to have no charges, im pree sure hes considered "innocent"
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #119
rebuild you say?

Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
just curious, do you have fetal alcohol syndrome or something? its hard to believe someone without massive mental disabilities could be this stupid

as per the bill of rights
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges ... of citizens ... nor ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny ... the equal protection of the laws"

and also um, something we like to call habeas corpus

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #120
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
do you not read? i said he doesnt deserve to get shot 9 times.. guess thas how cops subdue people now a days
if u were to have no charges, im pree sure hes considered "innocent"

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68676...s-video-5.html
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #121
dlo

last part was in regard to the comments about the DEA + kid getting locked up lol
Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #122
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
being a direct and immediate threat to others (and yourself) is different than being detained for suspicion... and being deserted for four days with no food or water, if they forgot about him for another day or two he would have died. that would be a torturous slow death.

the guy on the bus didn't deserve to be shot, but he was gonna be taken down for sure one way or another.

drug suspicion/possession is not a threat to anyone. having a knife and screaming like a crazy in public is a major threat. there's a big difference dude.

no one DESERVES to get killed, but if you play on the train tracks, you're likely to get crushed.
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #123
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
being a direct and immediate threat to others (and yourself) is different than being detained for suspicion... and being deserted for four days with no food or water, if they forgot about him for another day or two he would have died. that would be a torturous slow death.

the guy on the bus didn't deserve to be shot, but he was gonna be taken down for sure one way or another.

drug suspicion/possession is not a threat to anyone. having a knife and screaming like a crazy in public is a major threat. there's a big difference dude.

no one DESERVES to get killed, but if you play on the train tracks, you're likely to get crushed.
Thank you for explaining the difference in detail, especially for xpl0sive's benefit.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #124
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
drug suspicion/possession is not a threat to anyone.
You better lock me away, or I'll make you feel happy and euphoric man!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote