REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Recommendation for bodyshops that specializes in fiberglass parts?

long story short, bought a aftermarket fiberglass bumper for my car that fits like ass.. yes i'm an idiot but w.e, cuz im not gonna spend 1800 on a authentic bumper

anyways, complained to the vendor about the fitment but got told to screw off..
i already took the bumper to 4 different icbc and just regular bodyshops but all told me its going to be difficult...

some people are telling me to try bringing it to shops that are familiar with working on fiberglass parts... so here i am trying for the last time, asking for some recommendations.. hoping it wont cost an arm and a leg, or else i am just throwing this bumper in the garbage lol

thanks
Advertisement
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I'd sell it on ebay and get the shine auto version. Mine fit perfectly. I got mine in a group shipment with 2 ASM S2K bumpers with members on here. PM Sil-300, he's the only one I remember off the top of my head. Ask him how his fit.

Unless it is a Shine bumper, in which case it'd be odd for them to not replace it with a different one. I dealt with Ken, and he even gave me a discount for setting up the group shipment.

But from the pics in your build thread's test fit, it seemed to fit pretty good?

Last edited by SpuGen; 05-07-2012 at 05:59 AM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
it looks like it will take 3-4hr of labour to get it fixed, assume no other areas have fitting problem. Where did you buy it?
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I'd sell it on ebay and get the shine auto version. Mine fit perfectly. I got mine in a group shipment with 2 ASM S2K bumpers with members on here. PM Sil-300, he's the only one I remember off the top of my head. Ask him how his fit.

Unless it is a Shine bumper, in which case it'd be odd for them to not replace it with a different one. I dealt with Ken, and he even gave me a discount for setting up the group shipment.

But from the pics in your build thread's test fit, it seemed to fit pretty good?
yeah, was gonna go with shine as well but the seller of this bumper seemed extremely promising in fitment and was also half the price of shine bumper of just over $350 including shipping, bad judgment call and now i regret for being a cheap shit and not going with shine

This is the bumper pic the vendor used in his advertisement, and of course, I was told that this is the exact bumper and would fit the same or somewhere close to this... but definitly no

As for my build thread test fit, i tried it on very roughly to get an idea of the general fitment, in which case was not bad, since the bumper actually bolted on.. however was not too concerned with the headlight gap at the time since the fiberglass part on the inner side of the bottom air vent/grill was hitting my rebar, so thought it wasnt too much of a problem since that part can easily be shaved off.

Well, i was wrong, took it to bodyshops got that inner grill part shaved to clear the rebar and the gap stayed exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
it looks like it will take 3-4hr of labour to get it fixed, assume no other areas have fitting problem. Where did you buy it?
i'd be happy if i got quoted 3-4hr labor since everyshops are telling me it needs aloooottt of work
i bought it from s2ki.com site sponsor called "Witz"

Last edited by jpark; 05-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #5

^
Googled and saw the reply. What a shitty vendor.

Get the Shine, and sell the shit bumper on ebay.
Or, make enough noise on forums, and they might give you the money back. Doubtful, but fuckit, they screwed you, so make them pay.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

pmd

Last edited by mj_39; 05-07-2012 at 08:47 AM.
mj_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

so wait you bought a replica bumper and it fit like crap

just spend a little time with a dremel and you'll be fine. body shops will scam the shit out of you because its not an oem piece but from those pics it actually looks pretty close. you'll never get your money back and even if you do you'll be paying for shipping. so just giver, make it fit and stop complaining and if you fuck it up then w/e buy a better one and stop buying cheap replicas.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
no

uhh first off, dont tell me what the fuck to do, cuz you just sound like a little dick'd pinhead with your authentic parts

second, im not spending 1800buks on a authentic bumper even though i would love to, and if you can actually READ my original post i have noted that my next choice will be a shine bumper if i cant make this cheap replica fit

third, i wasnt complaining, i was asking for bodyshop recommendations
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
RS controls my life!

Ugh. And I'm telling you, you could do it yourself for a lot cheaper then any body shop since you were wining about how much they wanted to charge you. And I never said I buy name brand parts. I go through body work like crazy so I buy the cheapest shit I can find and then just make it work. Give your head a shake and find yourself some thicker skin.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
so wait you bought a replica bumper and it fit like crap

just spend a little time with a dremel and you'll be fine. body shops will scam the shit out of you because its not an oem piece but from those pics it actually looks pretty close. you'll never get your money back and even if you do you'll be paying for shipping. so just giver, make it fit and stop complaining and if you fuck it up then w/e buy a better one and stop buying cheap replicas.
sorry man, but u sound like a douche.
lol @ using a dremel to fix a gap on a fiberglass bumper.

i think i'd go with what spugen suggested as well. sell the shitty bumper on ebay, but a shine one.
save yourself the time and headache!
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

if you paid for it using PP open a dispute if you used a CC call them up and tell them you would like a chargeback since it doesnt fit.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
retired

You will be spending just as much, if not more, to make it fit better (not perfect)

The Shine ones aren't THAT great. They seem to be hit and miss. One Shine bumper that my work did, it took forever to make it fit, while another one (however, different model) fit with less modifications.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmk View Post
sorry man, but u sound like a douche.
lol @ using a dremel to fix a gap on a fiberglass bumper.

i think i'd go with what spugen suggested as well. sell the shitty bumper on ebay, but a shine one.
save yourself the time and headache!
i don't see gaps. i see extra material getting in the way. (just like op said a bunch got cut off to clear the rebar)

no autobody shop is going to add material... they will just trim away (probably with a dremel) until they achieve the best fitment possible. ffs you guys really have zero experience with body work. try new west collision ask for jerry. but again expect to pay out the ass.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

that fitment is fucking terribad, especially from an s2ki vendor. i was gonna grab an amuse one from shine but i really didnt want to deal with fitting it so I grabbed an ap2 bumper, and slowly shaving it now.

gl with that!
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
no

im having second thoughts as well.. i already have an ap2 bumper so might just ditch this bumper and get a oem cr lip.

though, couple helpful members have pm'd me already about some shops and i will definitly give them a call first and see how much i am looking at.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

+1 on cr lip.

looks best on bb.
i remember it costed 426~ painted shipped to pt rob.
ree666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #17

I agree. If you already have an AP2 bumper, fuck the ASM. CR is hawwwwt.

This post thanked by: