REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   BoltBus: Vancouver to Seattle for $1 Between May 31st and June 3rd (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668045-boltbus-vancouver-seattle-%241-between-may-31st-june-3rd.html)

InvisibleSoul 05-15-2012 10:52 AM

BoltBus: Vancouver to Seattle for $1 Between May 31st and June 3rd

BoltBus Continues West Coast Expansion and Launches New Route Between Seattle and Vancouver, Canada on May 31 - MarketWatch

Quote:

DALLAS, May 14, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- BoltBus, a bus line focused on providing exceptional service, luxury and convenience at an amazingly low price, today announced it will launch non-stop service between Seattle and Vancouver on May 31. BoltBus, which launches its first West Coast service expansion between Seattle and Portland on Thursday, is the first premium bus service offered in these markets, with fares as low as $1 for amenities typically found on more expensive travel. The new service is the first Canadian market BoltBus has entered and will be exclusively operated by Greyhound. To celebrate the expansion, all tickets purchased for travel between Seattle and Vancouver during the first four days of service will be $1. Tickets are now available for purchase at BoltBus.com.

At its launch in March 2008, BoltBus revolutionized curbside bus service by being the first to offer on-board amenities such as comfortable leather seats, extra legroom, free Wi-Fi and power outlets. Millions of passengers have experienced BoltBus between Baltimore, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. and more.

"We are thrilled to continue our West Coast expansion and debut our premium service in Canada. We're excited to connect these two coastal seaport cities and introduce Vancouver residents to a wholly new bus travel experience," said David Hall, general manager, BoltBus. "Demand for this level of service continues to grow so we know customers will love the modern amenities, affordable pricing and express daily options we offer."

In Seattle, BoltBus will operate from 5th Avenue South and King Street, which is adjacent to the International District Station. In Vancouver, BoltBus will operate from the Pacific Central Station at 1150 Station Street.

BoltBus tickets are available for purchase in advance at BoltBus.com or from a driver before boarding. One-way fares start at $1, plus a booking fee. The highest fare will adjust based on market demand. The earlier passengers purchase their tickets, the lower the fare will cost. A ticket purchase guarantees a seat on the selected schedule. Walkup tickets will be purchased at full price. All tickets are nonrefundable. A loyalty program, Bolt Rewards, is also available to reward frequent riders with free travel. Riders who take eight trips on BoltBus are eligible for a free one-way ticket trip.

For fare and schedule information, or to purchase tickets, visit BoltBus.com.

BoltBus provides fast, frequent and safe transportation with unmatched amenities for an amazingly low price. BoltBus is a division of Greyhound Lines, Inc. The division is headquartered in Secaucus, N.J. For fare and schedule information and to buy tickets, visit www.BoltBus.com .
$1 each way, plus $1 transaction fee.

Two people can go to Seattle roundtrip for five bucks.

There's also an option to go to Portland for $18 roundtrip.

Each seat on the bus has a power outlet, extra legroom, and free wifi.

www.boltbus.com

pastarocket 05-15-2012 10:57 AM

That's a good deal if you wanna travel in a bus. I almost mis-read the thread title as "Bangbus." :whistle:

hotjoint 05-15-2012 11:28 AM

Sister in law's BF lives in Seattle and she was planning on going down to see him that weekend. She usually takes the Canam train but this will save her some money :thumbsup:

Durrann 05-15-2012 11:35 AM

thats awesome!
thanks for posting
OP did you buy any tickets ?

HonestTea 05-15-2012 12:26 PM

Anyone buy it yet? lol

InvisibleSoul 05-15-2012 12:32 PM

Crap, I was waiting on the wife for confirmation, and the 6:30am departure on Saturday is sold out. :(

$_$ 05-15-2012 12:36 PM

Can't purchase with canadian visa ... their website is screwed up because it doesnt let you choose country

InvisibleSoul 05-15-2012 01:15 PM

Failsauce. Now the Sunday night bus is sold out. Oh well... was going to go for lulz, but guess not anymore.

Matlock 05-15-2012 02:51 PM

I can see it now, take the bus across the border and get held up for an hour or two because of one other passenger idiot doing something stupid or having a completely foreign passport.

Hot Karl 05-15-2012 02:54 PM

^buses go through the border everyday retard. Its just a nicer bus.

twitchyzero 05-15-2012 03:05 PM

Is the Portland $9 rate only good for.that weekend? Can't check on my phone. Any overnight express for that? Thanks.

Akinari 05-15-2012 04:31 PM

Hmm, my folks wanted to go down to Portland to check out the roses. Guess they can take the bus to save gas. Thanks for sharing OP.

TOPEC 05-15-2012 05:07 PM

take bus to portland
rent car, drive arnd, shopping, sight seeing
stay overnight
take bus back to van
?????
profit?

jimzilla 05-15-2012 05:14 PM

Thanks OP! I had to call in and buy tickets and the rep said they haven't changed the checkout yet to include Canadian addresses

UFO 05-15-2012 05:34 PM

I was able to order online. Just left the state field blank on their form and filled everything else out as normal.

BaoTurbo 05-15-2012 06:48 PM

Thanks op. I may actually be able to have a getaway with the gf after all if we can plan this

Matlock 05-15-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Karl (Post 7919482)
^buses go through the border everyday retard. Its just a nicer bus.

Ok, sorry. I guess I'm the only one that had a bad experience with a bus going through the border.

lgman 05-15-2012 11:07 PM

http://media.canada.com/b1ebd207-78c...f77/mclean.jpg Count me in

BossFrancis 05-16-2012 06:35 AM

Problem for me is, how the fuck do I get around? I would rent a car but not old enough :okay: If I did rent a car it would almost be equal to the cost for gas if someone drove me there. Bus? Well I'm gunna have fun walking from the outskirts of the city.

Supafly 05-16-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossFrancis (Post 7920145)
Problem for me is, how the fuck do I get around? I would rent a car but not old enough :okay: If I did rent a car it would almost be equal to the cost for gas if someone drove me there. Bus? Well I'm gunna have fun walking from the outskirts of the city.

You do not make any sense.

Death2Theft 05-16-2012 08:48 AM

Bus down to load up at trader joes? Heard good things about them.

RabidRat 05-16-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltBus Website
Boltbus Schedules for the date you have selected are not available at this time on our system. We try to keep 4 to 6 weeks of schedules available at all times. Please check back with us again a little closer to your scheduled departure time for available service. We appreciate your business at Boltbus.

Is anyone else getting this no matter what dates they enter?

k3mps 05-16-2012 10:47 AM

it's only available may31st-june3rd.
if you enter any of those days, it should show up

Death2Theft 05-16-2012 10:51 AM

Any idea what the normal rates will be?

UFO 05-16-2012 03:38 PM

$6, 8, 10 (weekends) one way to Seattle. Just plug in dates after June 3