REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
ill post pics when I have everything set up I havent had time to assemble the squat rack yet unless u guys want pictures of my cool treadmill with a tv built in lol
Making a home gym is not a home sense television program I think you're working more on your creative skills alot more than your physical fitness. Maybe you should go do interior design... If you want a home gym, get a power rack, a set of dumbbells, and a barbell with a few plates. That's all you friggin need. All that lat pulldown, cables, and boflex shit is great, but that stuff is for the gym.

$500 + so you can workout your lats isn't the most financially though-out decision. When the day comes your life situations impede you from working out, you're gonna bawl your eyes out at the fact that you have so much extravagant and unnecessary equipment lieing around your basement.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything because I can personally relate to this. Back when I was a kid, I really wanted to play basketball but was too lazy to walk all the way to the basketball court at my school just to play. So I made my parents spend a couple grand just to coat my grassy backyard with concrete. On top of that, I got my parents to spend another stack on the most expensive basketball hoop at the department store. I thought I was gonna play basketball every single day, but after a few months, I stopped playing. From then on, i had a hoop lieing there idly and a patch of uselss concrete that served no purpose whatsoever.

Since you bought your lat pull down already, just make good use of it and pray to god that you stick to working out. Because if you decide to resell it on craigslist, noone's gonna want a $500 lat pulldown machine when they can get a good set of freeweights...
Advertisement
__________________
Buyer/Seller Feedback

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Making a home gym is not a home sense television program I think you're working more on your creative skills alot more than your physical fitness. Maybe you should go do interior design... If you want a home gym, get a power rack, a set of dumbbells, and a barbell with a few plates. That's all you friggin need. All that lat pulldown, cables, and boflex shit is great, but that stuff is for the gym.

$500 + so you can workout your lats isn't the most financially though-out decision. When the day comes your life situations impede you from working out, you're gonna bawl your eyes out at the fact that you have so much extravagant and unnecessary equipment lieing around your basement.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything because I can personally relate to this. Back when I was a kid, I really wanted to play basketball but was too lazy to walk all the way to the basketball court at my school just to play. So I made my parents spend a couple grand just to coat my grassy backyard with concrete. On top of that, I got my parents to spend another stack on the most expensive basketball hoop at the department store. I thought I was gonna play basketball every single day, but after a few months, I stopped playing. From then on, i had a hoop lieing there idly and a patch of uselss concrete that served no purpose whatsoever.

Since you bought your lat pull down already, just make good use of it and pray to god that you stick to working out. Because if you decide to resell it on craigslist, noone's gonna want a $500 lat pulldown machine when they can get a good set of freeweights...
not sure how many more times I have to reiterate I always use the cable pulldown so itll be of use to me and once again you can work multiple muscle groups with it not just lats.

and it wasnt $500 thats msrp its was actually $330 shipped and im building a home gym so I no longer have to goto the gym. I already had a bench press and free weights at home before and never used them because I always chose to goto the gym.

I bought it to use it not sell it and honestly im not sure why you care so much. btw I was looking at a powertec lat machine on CL a couple of weeks ago but it sold before I could grab it so you're wrong.

Last edited by A$AProcky; 05-25-2012 at 01:19 AM.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #28
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
OP, are you living with your parents, and are you making them pay for your home gym?
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
I live at home but I'm paying for it out of my own pocket.

Neither should be a concern to you though.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,998
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
OP people are trying to help you here, but you are being a stubborn cunt. Take the opportunity to LEARN SOMETHING, it is being handed to you right now.

You have the advantage of having lots of space and money provided by your parents, and you are being provided knowledge from people here... Everyone is GIVING to you, but you are too fucking stupid to TAKE it.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
OP people are trying to help you here, but you are being a stubborn cunt. Take the opportunity to LEARN SOMETHING, it is being handed to you right now.

You have the advantage of having lots of space and money provided by your parents, and you are being provided knowledge from people here... Everyone is GIVING to you, but you are too fucking stupid to TAKE it.
shut the fuck up you self righteous prick. how am I being stubborn? because I wont do what you say? I accept you guys may not have any use for it seems like a waste of money but to me it is beneficial because I use it.

you guys think a pull up bar is enough because you always work out at the gym so you see this as overkill, I dont have time to goto the gym anymore and I don't just want to be limited in my exercises.
as much as you would like to think so, you aren't always right. why are you even so angry??? if you would just log off for a minute you would realize all this has zero impact on your real life.

Last edited by A$AProcky; 05-25-2012 at 02:57 AM.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
I think everyone needs to chill out...

I think everyone is getting confused with needs and wants...

OP, you don't NEED a lat machine to work out your lats, but you just WANT it, and feel you make more than enough money to buy it as a 'want'...

Everyone else, obviously if you want to be completely wise with your money, a lat machine is not at all necessary to work out the lats, but clearly the OP ENJOYS using the lat machine more than simply doing pull-ups...

I think the confusion between OP and everyone else is between needs and wants....

I'm sure OP would agree that he doesn't NEED a lat machine to work out his lats, but he probably would just much rather use that than do pull-ups and other exercises....



If I'm wrong and OP thinks a lat machine is necessary in order to efficiently work out lats, then I agree with everyone that he's a complete retard...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #33
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,998
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
shut the fuck up you self righteous prick. how am I being stubborn? because I wont do what you say? I accept you guys may not have any use for it seems like a waste of money but to me it is beneficial because I use it.

you guys think a pull up bar is enough because you always work out at the gym so you see this as overkill, I dont have time to goto the gym anymore and I don't just want to be limited in my exercises.
as much as you would like to think so, you aren't always right. why are you even so angry??? if you would just log off for a minute you would realize all this has zero impact on your real life.
Well, can't say we didn't try

I will say one thing, nobody said a lat machine was overkill. Useless, not overkill.

And if this is a dupe account, better say goodbye now while you can
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
I think everyone needs to chill out...

I think everyone is getting confused with needs and wants...

OP, you don't NEED a lat machine to work out your lats, but you just WANT it, and feel you make more than enough money to buy it as a 'want'...

Everyone else, obviously if you want to be completely wise with your money, a lat machine is not at all necessary to work out the lats, but clearly the OP ENJOYS using the lat machine more than simply doing pull-ups...

I think the confusion between OP and everyone else is between needs and wants....

I'm sure OP would agree that he doesn't NEED a lat machine to work out his lats, but he probably would just much rather use that than do pull-ups and other exercises....



If I'm wrong and OP thinks a lat machine is necessary in order to efficiently work out lats, then I agree with everyone that he's a complete retard...
for the last time I never said I'm buying it to work solely on my lats. its just CALLED a lat machine but its really a cable machine. I know you can do exercises with free weights to work lats doesnt mean I need to solely rely on those I can/will do those in addition. I bought it because you can buy different attachments like the tricep rope, multi purpose bar or v bar to work on tris, back, shoulders traps, abs, biceps, even legs and I also get the option of low row. these retards (skinnycunt) just need a reason to argue and try to and insult others.

Last edited by A$AProcky; 05-25-2012 at 03:21 AM.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: vancouver
Posts: 591
Thanked 170 Times in 60 Posts
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well, can't say we didn't try

I will say one thing, nobody said a lat machine was overkill. Useless, not overkill.

And if this is a dupe account, better say goodbye now while you can
edit: dont wanna go back and forth with this guy anymore he clearly can do this all day, all month, all year. and he really doesnt know what hes talking about.

Last edited by A$AProcky; 05-25-2012 at 05:01 AM.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #37
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,998
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Again, you are being so hostile and confrontational when people are trying to give you some advice. You must have an ego the size of a planet to lash out at people this way when they try to be helpful.

If I was your age, and someone told me "hey instead of doing useless lat pulldowns and tricep kickbacks, you can do these instead" I would try it! Especially if they were successful with it. Especially when they also did things the wrong way for a while, before learning for themselves. I only wish I had the internet when I was learning all this shit, with hundreds of thousands of people who went through the same things as me, and learned along the way, willing to pass on their knowledge.

Instead, you get all upset and call names... You think I'm upset that you are building a stupid gym at your parents home, wasting their money and your time? No, I'm not... but seeing you act out like this, acting as though you know everyone here even though you registered a month ago... that is really sad.

Here's hoping that when you grow up a bit, that chip on your shoulder slims down some. You come across like a spoiled punk whose parents do whatever you want, and you think you know everything about everything and everyone.

You think I'm mad but you're the one up at 3am bitching at people on the internet.. I am just killing time, making a post here and there while doing some work. Trying to help people from making the same dumb mistakes that we all used to make... well most of us, there are some other youngin's here that, thanks to being humble and willing to absorb the vast amounts of information available to them, are working their asses off the right way, and are well on their way to being huge ripped cunts.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: B.C
Posts: 72
Thanked 69 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Again, you are being so hostile and confrontational when people are trying to give you some advice. You must have an ego the size of a planet to lash out at people this way when they try to be helpful.

If I was your age, and someone told me "hey instead of doing useless lat pulldowns and tricep kickbacks, you can do these instead" I would try it! Especially if they were successful with it. Especially when they also did things the wrong way for a while, before learning for themselves. I only wish I had the internet when I was learning all this shit, with hundreds of thousands of people who went through the same things as me, and learned along the way, willing to pass on their knowledge.

Instead, you get all upset and call names... You think I'm upset that you are building a stupid gym at your parents home, wasting their money and your time? No, I'm not... but seeing you act out like this, acting as though you know everyone here even though you registered a month ago... that is really sad.

Here's hoping that when you grow up a bit, that chip on your shoulder slims down some. You come across like a spoiled punk whose parents do whatever you want, and you think you know everything about everything and everyone.

You think I'm mad but you're the one up at 3am bitching at people on the internet.. I am just killing time, making a post here and there while doing some work. Trying to help people from making the same dumb mistakes that we all used to make... well most of us, there are some other youngin's here that, thanks to being humble and willing to absorb the vast amounts of information available to them, are working their asses off the right way, and are well on their way to being huge ripped cunts.
youre such a hypocrite u started the name calling, u called me a cunt on the first page and I just ignored it and played along with ur corny shake weight joke. and ure up bitching on the intrnet, actually.

and u should also stop assuming shit yourself because i am paying for this stuff out of my own pocket, like i already said but you rather assume I am some spoiled kid so you can continue bagging on me. the rack cost $500, and the lat machine $330 thats really not much to save up if you have a job.

I must have missed the part where u explained to me in detail why the cable machine is useless and why the exercises dont work. show me that part again.....

edit: mods feel free to lock this thread its just going to continue on in a pointless argument..or not.

Last edited by A$AProcky; 05-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #39
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Must be awesome living at home with no expenses eh? Gives you time to waste money on things like a lat machine. Wooooooo.

You really should listen to the other people in this thread. They know more than you.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #40
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,998
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
youre such a hypocrite u started the name calling, u called me a cunt on the first page and I just ignored it and played along with ur corny shake weight joke. and ure up bitching on the intrnet, actually.

and u should also stop assuming shit yourself because i am paying for this stuff out of my own pocket, like i already said but you rather assume I am some spoiled kid so you can continue bagging on me. the rack cost $500, and the lat machine $330 thats really not much to save up if you have a job.

I must have missed the part where u explained to me in detail why the cable machine is useless and why the exercises dont work. show me that part again.....

edit: mods feel free to lock this thread its just going to continue on in a pointless argument..or not.
I said you'd be a ripped cunt, which is a good thing lol.. we all wanna be ripped cunts (some more than others)

And TBH for most of this thread, I assumed you were just trolling, and playing along. It wasn't until you got really mad that I discovered you were actually serious about building a weight room in your parents' home with this equipment. So to that, I say "to each their own" and, well try to work on that chip on your shoulder.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #41
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
hud 91gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,645
Thanked 2,044 Times in 810 Posts
Wow... It's like highschool in here.

Who cares if the guy want's a lat machine? They are well rounded for a bunch of exercises. I personally would have gone with something that has an adjustable height so you could do rows, tricep pushdowns etc with. But too each their own.
__________________
Crush - 1971 Datsun 240z - Build Thread
The Daily - A Boring Honda
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #42
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
i'm a sick cunt, m8
jayare604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #43
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Phozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,487
Thanked 888 Times in 308 Posts
You ask for advice, we give you feedback, and you act all high and hostile as if we attacked you first thing.
But at the end of the day, you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #44
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
join date

Apr 2012 :noob:
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 3,545 Times in 692 Posts
fight club material
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
kids these days, no sense of anything

you come on here and ask for advice. and people tell you to fuck with the lat machine

ever stop before getting your greasy hands on the keyboard and wonder what was everyone getting at? Maybe they were getting at a good point, and if i asked the right questions further, i would have understood it. maybe i dont need some unnecessary machine to do some workouts that will produce marginal results?

like those guys who buy bowflex machines. complete waste of fucking money and space. you might as well buy one at this point
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 2,110
Thanked 755 Times in 339 Posts
Eh, AA pockey is too defensive. Yeah, we weren't listening and gave advice that wasn't asked for.

The thing is AA Pockey, all those muscle groups you listed that the Lat Machine could help you work on, can also be done via a Olympic bar. Not only would it be a compound exercise, it would also be a cheaper alternative - not to mention space saver.

Isolations are great, but if you're a beginner - then reconsider your routine. If you are a huge sick kunt, then yeah - we shouldn't have been so quick to judge.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #48
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
sebTeggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 809
Thanked 55 Times in 26 Posts
I stopped reading halfway. You guys are all goofs. The op is asking a legitimate question.

He asked 'where', not 'why', you guys need to stop trying to school others.

#1 rule of working out: What works for you, will not work for someone else, so stop telling him 'what' to get.

And in-case the question hasn't been answered, you can get a pulldown rack for fairly cheap at fitness depot, by grandview heights IIRC, wait for a promotion though. They usually drop their prices near the end of the year due to 'new years resolutions' and sometimes right before summer.
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 524
Thanked 409 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
I didnt say anything about needing it to build my lats though its just called a "lat machine". I'm buying it because I can work on a variety of muscle parts with it. tris, traps, back etc etc.
u can accomplish all that with a pull up bar. Wider grip gets u more lats, closer grip gets u more bis. Do a muscle up and use it to do dips which will get your chest and your tris. Don't be a typical and sit on machines thinking they will "do wonders."
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #50
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,998
Thanked 17,631 Times in 5,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebTeggy View Post
#1 rule of working out: What works for you, will not work for someone else
Sorry but that is the fucking stupidest fucking thing I have heard. #1 rule according to who?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net