REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Need help planning Thailand trip

Hey guys, I am planning to visit Thailand for about two weeks. Where can I book a good package that includes flights, hotels, transportation pick up to and from hotels. I was planning to stay a few days in bangkok, a few days in Phuket and a few days in Chiang Mai. Also is it cheaper to book a package or just flight only and wing it from there? If you have any place you recommend please feel free to share. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
NAM-nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
Having been to Thailand 3 times now, I would definitely recommend checking out agoda.com: Discount Hotel Reservations Worldwide - Smarter Hotel Booking! to book hotels in Asia in general. Good prices and works very well.

I always book hotels for my time in Bangkok and tend to wing it in the smaller cities.

Chiang Mai is good to see for a few days but gets boring pretty quick - seeing the elephants, the temple on the hill, etc. are all good things but not much night life compared to the "party" destinations.

I have been to Phuket twice and will not be going back - it is a crazy place with lots going on but it just way too crazy over the top for my taste. If you grab a moped and head out of town a little ways, it gets a lot quieter and a lot nicer IMO but the small towns seem to lack much of anything in terms of restaurants etc.

On the other hand, I will be going back to Koh Samui. The main party area / "strip" is Chaweng beach which I didn't really care for for the same reason as Phuket, however, some of the beaches outside of Chaweng such as the "Fisherman's Village" were beautiful and places I would like to return.

Hope that helps,
Mark