REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Canadian online retailers?

Are there any online Canadian retailers for bike parts? I'm after a new exhaust and windscreen at the moment.

canadasmotorcycle.ca doesn't have anything for my bike (06 fz6) however I did order some gear from them today so I will be able to comment on their service as soon as my stuff arrives.

I was about ready to place my order with bayside but read a bunch of reviews and it sounds like a fair number of people have had issues with long shipping times and not very prompt email replies which was unfortunate to hear as they have exactly what I'm after...maybe I'm wrong though if someone would care to chime in.

I would prefer to support a Canadian business and obviously not having to pay duty or anything is a huge plus. Also since the weather is super nice here I would rather not have a bunch of waiting around time while stuff is in the mail and/or held up at customs. I'm in the Yukon for the summer so buying local is out of the question.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I went back a few pages and didn't see anything.

Thanks!
Advertisement
will.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Optimum Performance Products Inc. (OPP Racing) - Performance Motorcycle Parts Distributor
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Bayside actually gets through OPP depending on what you order! and it'll probably be closer for Vancouverites to people to pick up from Bayside rather then drive out to Maple Ridge where OPP is.

Prices on both ends are the same because we price a lot of stuff after OPP Racing, they're one of our distributors.

edit: If time is of the essence I would try to order from down in the states and have it shipped up from the states to the border. You may have to pay duty at the border though and its a chance you're going to have to take.

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)

Last edited by fT-z33wor; 05-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
dru
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Motorcycle Accessories, Kawasaki Bike Parts, Exhaust, Chains, Clutches

I bought something from them that had to be custom made by the manufacturer in the states. When it arrived it didn't fit so I mailed it back and the manufacturer is sending me another one. Great customer service so far!
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

Thought I would chuck an update up for anyone who is curious. Ended up ordering some gear and tires from canadasmotorcycle.com. Everything was good, got here well within the time frame they gave. Tires were packed very well. Unfortunately I have to return the helmet and the gloves for a size up in each respectively so I will be able to comment on their returns/exchanges shortly. I have found out that they will cross-ship so that is one good thing.

I went with Bayside for the exhaust and windscreen because I couldn't find the specific products I was after anywhere else in Canada. Promptly got an email saying that my order was received and the new status was 'processing' with an ETA of 8-10 business days to me. However, my order was received on the 28th of May and it is now June 6th, which by my math is 8 business days. Haven't had any email updates to say if its on its way or not. I figure I'll wait until next monday before I send an inquiry. I definitely understand that they won't have every single product ready for immediate shipping out but it would be really nice to at least be updated about what's going on.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^same experience...
Ended up calling each week and they kept saying it'll be in tomorrow hopefully
In the end it took just over a month... I should have just ordered from the states as it would have been cheaper and quicker
KrAyZiE TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

parts

If bayside doesn't have the parts in the store, i wouldn't order it from them, it will be at least a month before youl'll see the parts. I order from the states, cheaper and faster.
LP560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

So far its still looking good for the stuff from Bayside, got an email on the 7th saying that my order shipped. Should be here next week sometime I hope. They definitely won't make the ETA they gave me but I can live with it taking a few days more.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
bayside and opp are obviously not going to be as fast as ordering from the states and picking up in point roberts, but it's much more convenient if you're not in a huge hurry to get your parts. i've ordered from them plenty of times and they've always been good to me. pretty much the only dealer in vancouver who can match US pricing.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
I am Hook'd on RS

Both my parts from Bayside and the return/exchange gear from Canada's Motorcycle arrived yesterday. Very pleased with how fast Canada's Motorcycle was with shipping and the exchange process, would definitely recommend them. By my math it took 18 days from the time I ordered the parts from Bayside to the time they actually arrived. By no means is that terrible or anything and I'm sure it could be faster if they had the parts in stock, would still have been nice to see things get here a little more quickly though. All in all I think I would recommend them as well.