REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 05-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Cafeteria is great. Last time I was there I had the berkshire pork loin with spatzle, and no word of a lie it was the BEST spatzle I have ever had. Very good service, and also the ever changing chalkboard menu is an awesome way of keeping a restaurant exciting. I can't understand why people would go to a 200 seat steakhouse chain with stuffy outdated menus and service when intimate locally owned places, with tons of local talent putting the menus together.
Advertisement
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #27
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Cafeteria gets my endorsement. I have yet to be disappointed.

I would also recommend "Grub" on Main Street and 28th. We aren't New York or Los Angeles but Vancouver still has a lot of excellent culinary talent. Don't be afraid to go out and explore.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
My go-to for a nice, not too expensive place is Pied a Terre on Cambie. La Buca on McDonald's is the Italian version of it, same chef. Both are great for reasonably priced nice dining that's warm and rustic - $100 for 2 plus alcohol.

Bistrot Bistro on 4th is a nice place but probably too cozy for an anniversary, the owner is warm and friendly and always looking to ensure you're happy. It's french food that requires a nap afterwards.

If you want to splurge and want to try some true fine dining (creative, crisp, great service, beautiful room) then I highly recommend Hawksworth. The man is on a roll and you gotta try it sometime.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #29
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Les Faux Bourgeois is my go to date spot that serves delicious french food
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
If you want to splurge and want to try some true fine dining (creative, crisp, great service, beautiful room) then I highly recommend Hawksworth. The man is on a roll and you gotta try it sometime.
Although I do agree on this...but I find that Hawksworth is kinda loud(er) in some instances...I like it more for a casual thing (birthday etc) over an ani...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #31
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Groupon has a deal for Carver Steakhouse on Westminister. 27-28$ per person? Comes with app, entree, and desert
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglydewey View Post
Groupon has a deal for Carver Steakhouse on Westminister. 27-28$ per person? Comes with app, entree, and desert
that place any good? i saw that coupon earlier
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I'm not quite sure but the reviews look good. I mean every restaurants have their ups and downs. But from the review I think it should be good. The price seems reasonable with the groupon without it would be fairly expensive I don't know I would go without it

Oh wells time to go try.
tdeweyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Pear Tree

Fraiche
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Although I do agree on this...but I find that Hawksworth is kinda loud(er) in some instances...I like it more for a casual thing (birthday etc) over an ani...
True, Hawksworth for an anniversary is more along the lines of "As soon as dinner is over we are going upstairs (Hotel Georgia) and we're going to do it all night doggie style" instead of a "Oh I Love You more" "No, I love YOU more" "Nooo, I LOVE YOU more".

Something like Hy's would be more appropriate for the latter.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,392 Times in 180 Posts
Just reserved a table for Hys for my anni. Thanks for the suggestion!!
GoneGuru is offline   Reply With Quote