REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mazda Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mazda-tech-resources_313/)
-   -   Factory Upgrades/swaps for FC (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668785-factory-upgrades-swaps-fc.html)

ericberard 05-30-2012 08:33 AM

Factory Upgrades/swaps for FC

Hey guys, I was just wondering, are there any possible factory upgrades for a 1990 RX7 GTU? Just like, swapping throttle bodies with another generation, intake manifolds, etc. Thank you for the help, guys

TurboFC3S 05-30-2012 04:00 PM

no. Only ITB's and porting can get you more power with a n/a engine.. do a turbo swap or sell your fc and buy a t2 !

only thing you can do right now with a stock motor to get more power is port the throttle body & remove some of the butterfly plates (but the side effects of that are some low end loss and cold starts you'll have to hold the throttle manually till its warmed up) , Get a intake, and get a racing beat exhaust. Will see a noticeable gain with those

ericberard 05-31-2012 06:55 PM

Hahaha I'd like to have a TII at some point, but for now, I want something more reliable, don't want a turbo there making me want to run it hard, knowing I don't have the greatest funding. So basically, ITB's and Racing Beat exhaust? I mean, I want the RB True Duals, but as for the intake, there is only ITB's?

TurboFC3S 05-31-2012 07:20 PM

Dont get ITB's if you daily it.. will be un streetable gas mileage wise lol. And expensive..

Just get a K&N Intake + the racing beat exhaust if you can afford it... pretty pricey but it does have a good gain and sounds awesome.

Rather that or do a custom cheaper exhaust (2.5 inch max) .. keep cat in if you want more low end, strait pipe if you want more top end power. high flow cat for 1/2 and 1/2 Its good to have a bit of backpressure on a N/A RX7

If you want your motor to last , do the following..

-change the oil every 3,000kms
-never overheat
-premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)
-Redline the car daily
-use 87 octane

ericberard 06-02-2012 05:40 PM

Haha, I'd definitely go straight pipe and thanks for the info on the ITB's, I'm still learning about this, haha, I'll wait til I have a honda as a DD so I can use this as my track car

Hioctane 06-14-2012 12:57 PM

You could also consider Corksport's exhaust system as an alternative, I have their cat-back and it runs very well.

Unless you intend to keep the car or do turbo swap, I'd go with TurboFC3S's suggestion - save money, sell the current one, and get a TII.

JAYWALKER 06-21-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFC3S (Post 7934075)
Dont get ITB's if you daily it.. will be un streetable gas mileage wise lol. And expensive..

Just get a K&N Intake + the racing beat exhaust if you can afford it... pretty pricey but it does have a good gain and sounds awesome.

Rather that or do a custom cheaper exhaust (2.5 inch max) .. keep cat in if you want more low end, strait pipe if you want more top end power. high flow cat for 1/2 and 1/2 Its good to have a bit of backpressure on a N/A RX7

If you want your motor to last , do the following..

-change the oil every 3,000kms
-never overheat
-premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)
-Redline the car daily
-use 87 octane

Would like to know what's "premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)" ? I drive a N/A as well, but I would love to keep motor running good haha

TurboFC3S 06-21-2012 06:43 PM

look it up on RX7club im not sure what the ratio is supposed to be for N.A's!