REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Mazda Tech Resources

Mazda Tech Resources All Mazda Tech info
THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Factory Upgrades/swaps for FC

Hey guys, I was just wondering, are there any possible factory upgrades for a 1990 RX7 GTU? Just like, swapping throttle bodies with another generation, intake manifolds, etc. Thank you for the help, guys
Advertisement
ericberard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
no. Only ITB's and porting can get you more power with a n/a engine.. do a turbo swap or sell your fc and buy a t2 !

only thing you can do right now with a stock motor to get more power is port the throttle body & remove some of the butterfly plates (but the side effects of that are some low end loss and cold starts you'll have to hold the throttle manually till its warmed up) , Get a intake, and get a racing beat exhaust. Will see a noticeable gain with those
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #3

Hahaha I'd like to have a TII at some point, but for now, I want something more reliable, don't want a turbo there making me want to run it hard, knowing I don't have the greatest funding. So basically, ITB's and Racing Beat exhaust? I mean, I want the RB True Duals, but as for the intake, there is only ITB's?
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #4

Dont get ITB's if you daily it.. will be un streetable gas mileage wise lol. And expensive..

Just get a K&N Intake + the racing beat exhaust if you can afford it... pretty pricey but it does have a good gain and sounds awesome.

Rather that or do a custom cheaper exhaust (2.5 inch max) .. keep cat in if you want more low end, strait pipe if you want more top end power. high flow cat for 1/2 and 1/2 Its good to have a bit of backpressure on a N/A RX7

If you want your motor to last , do the following..

-change the oil every 3,000kms
-never overheat
-premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)
-Redline the car daily
-use 87 octane
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #5

Haha, I'd definitely go straight pipe and thanks for the info on the ITB's, I'm still learning about this, haha, I'll wait til I have a honda as a DD so I can use this as my track car
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

You could also consider Corksport's exhaust system as an alternative, I have their cat-back and it runs very well.

Unless you intend to keep the car or do turbo swap, I'd go with TurboFC3S's suggestion - save money, sell the current one, and get a TII.
Hioctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
Dont get ITB's if you daily it.. will be un streetable gas mileage wise lol. And expensive..

Just get a K&N Intake + the racing beat exhaust if you can afford it... pretty pricey but it does have a good gain and sounds awesome.

Rather that or do a custom cheaper exhaust (2.5 inch max) .. keep cat in if you want more low end, strait pipe if you want more top end power. high flow cat for 1/2 and 1/2 Its good to have a bit of backpressure on a N/A RX7

If you want your motor to last , do the following..

-change the oil every 3,000kms
-never overheat
-premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)
-Redline the car daily
-use 87 octane
Would like to know what's "premix the gas with 2 stroke (tcw 3 2 stroke from chevron)" ? I drive a N/A as well, but I would love to keep motor running good haha
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #8

look it up on RX7club im not sure what the ratio is supposed to be for N.A's!
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper