REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

wiring car charger into fuse box

I'm setting up a car dvr and it uses a 12v car charger for power. I didn't want the wire dangling around so I'm going to hardwire it in. Originally I wanted to splice into the current AC but didn't want to do that in case i mess up or something.

So I figured I'd plug it into an unused fuse slot. I'm bad at electronics so a few questions.

I'll need one of these Small ATM FUSE TAP ADD ON DUAL CIRCUIT ADAPTER AUTO CAR AUTO TERMINALS +15A FUSE | eBay plus a 7.5amp fuse right. Current diagram shows my AC outlet uses a 7.5 amp.

Then just ground the negative to that metal beam?

What limits power from exceeding 12v and blowing up the dvr? is amps the thing that regulates that?

Anything else I should know?
Advertisement
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Those devices fuck the terminal that they get inserted into. Please take it to a shop and have them solder it onto a wire that can handle the extra load. With all of the computerization ion cars today, it's better to have Canadian Tire blow your shit up for $100.00 than you doing it for free.
I guess that's why nobody has answered your question yet. Liability.

You could take it to any quality stereo shop to have it done for a nominal fee without blowing anything up.

Keith McCumber
SoundsGood Auto Services
Everything we do is sound!

104-2700 Barnet Hwy Coquitlam 604-961-8626

1420 Boundary Rd. Burnaby, 604-676-8100

www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 to 6:00

Authorized dealers of: Focal, Audison, Alpine, JL, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Thinkware, Compustar, K40...

WE ACCEPT: ICBC Claims, VISA, MC, DEBIT, PAYPAL AND CASH.
installerz is offline   Reply With Quote