REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

View Poll Results: Favourite weight class in MMA
Heavyweight - JDS, CV, UBEREEM, Cormier 6 18.75%
Light HW - Bones, Hendo, Rashad, Shogun 8 25.00%
Middleweight - Anderson, Chael... Mark Munoz? 5 15.63%
Welterweight - GSP, Condit, Nick Diaz, Rory 7 21.88%
Lightweight - Bendo, Nate, Pettis, Frankie 4 12.50%
Featherweight - Jose Aldo, KOREAN ZOMBIE~! 1 3.13%
Bantamweight - Cruz, Faber, Barao 0 0%
Flyweight - wat? 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
What's your favourite weight class in MMA?

Just wandering
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
I used to watch a lot of UFC but then there was like a string of boring fights and decision fights so I slowed down a lot.. Haven't been watching any UFC at all lately now.

GSP used to be one of my more favourite fighters but he's been really boring to watch lately imo. Anderson silva is still one of my tops, so i'll be watching his next fight for sure. I also like watching jon jones probably because he's pretty young in the sport.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I dunno all the weight classes have fighters that I like but it would probably be featherweight just because its the weight I would fight if I were in MMA lol.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
WW.

The guys are the size of bigger normal sized guys in real life (511-6'1, 185-190lbs) so its fun seeing real life guys go at it.
They have the speed of the small guys but the KO power of bigger guys. LW and below, most guys cant hit hard enough.
The talent in the division is like 20 fighters deep behind GSP. (GSP, Condit, Nick, Elenberger, Kampmann, Kos, Sheilds, Hendricks, Rory, Askren, Woodley, Brenneman, Story, Alves, Thiago, etc)
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
I always thought WW was the most entertaining to watch. Like RRxtar said, they have the speed of the small guys but still the KO power of the bigger guys.
I also find featherweight entertaining since I'm the same size as the fighters, I often imagine myself in the cage even tho I'd get knocked the fuck out
bigger guys - kinda slow, but hard hits that make you go like "OOHH"
smaller guys - more energetic; all-out scrapping makes it more exciting
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
for me personally i would have to choose light heavyweight or heavyweight. LW was always the best since the first UFC game came out in the big consoles. machida,evans,shogun,chuck liddel,jackson,henderson..... etc. always a huge variety and was entertaining. HW division was very lackluster around the early stages (brock lesnar as champion?...) but recently with the merge of strike force, a lot of heavy weights starting popping up left and right and some new UFC guys like skyscaper, JDS, Cain and nelson started showing how heavyweights are done. Also, the huge knockouts is a big plus in my books.

Quote:
bigger guys - kinda slow, but hard hits that make you go like "OOHH"
i do not believe JDS have slow punches but rather a fury of OOHHHHH punches
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Lightweight, its such a tight race between every fighter and everyone are cardio beasts who can KO eachother easily, there's no real kingopin at that weight so its fun to see everyone scraping and going for gold!! WW used to be a favourite but it slowed down
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #8

anyone here actually played hte ufc console games? i remember i always fought in light heavy weight online
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
for me personally i would have to choose light heavyweight or heavyweight. LW was always the best since the first UFC game came out in the big consoles. machida,evans,shogun,chuck liddel,jackson,henderson..... etc. always a huge variety and was entertaining. HW division was very lackluster around the early stages (brock lesnar as champion?...) but recently with the merge of strike force, a lot of heavy weights starting popping up left and right and some new UFC guys like skyscaper, JDS, Cain and nelson started showing how heavyweights are done. Also, the huge knockouts is a big plus in my books.

i do not believe JDS have slow punches but rather a fury of OOHHHHH punches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
anyone here actually played hte ufc console games? i remember i always fought in light heavy weight online

Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

LHW was my favourite until jon jones became too rigged. Now its LW
blagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #11

what... i am stating my opinion :/