REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Trip to europe/carryon reqiurements

I'm going to europe in a few days for about a month. I have printed all of the carry on requirements for all of the airlines I will be on. They are all +/-1"

Air Transat
Quantity 1 bag per person. Camera bags, laptops and purses are also permitted.
Dimensions 23 x 40 x 51 cm (9 x 16 x 20 in) (including wheels and handles)
Weight 10 kg (22 lb.)

If my bag was 9x13x22 would they make me check it? The bag weighs about 12lbs and is a softsided backpack. It could easily be compressed into a box of the required dimensions. I'm just unsure if they take a measureing tape and measure when it is uncompressed?

Bag in question

Also any other tips from people or suggestions of things off the beaten track in these cities?

4 days Paris
2 days venice
4 days rome
2 days barcelona
4 days valencia(f1 race)
3 days lisbon
1 day toronto
4 days bermuda
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Should be okay to carry on but just be prepared to pay for check-in.

My only suggestion is to be very careful on how you pack your bag as in the way you fold your clothes and how you position things. It makes all the difference in how you can maximize every bit of space you have.

I've only been to Paris and Toronto in your list. My only suggestion is to pick up some basic French and grab a map for their Metro system. As for your bag, it looks like an easy target for pick pockets based on where the zippers are located. Put your wallet in your front pockets, not the rear. And watch out for trolls/Gypsies who ask if you speak English at tourist attractions because they might be out to get you.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

Good tips by Dukes. Be very leery of pickpockets. They are very good at making small distraction and then stealing.

As for the carry on, the one time they checked was to make sure my bag in question fit inside a small wire basket per their requirement so if you can collapse yours somewhat you will be fine.

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun B!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote