REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
you get offended way too quickly, and responding as a cocky kid doesn't help.

all the advice you needed was in the first reply.. but instead, you want call out the 'haters' with your riced out M3?

people aren't hating on you just because you want to cheap out when you spent 7k on overnight parts from japan, but because it's just stupid to try and squeeze passed CBSA, given how obvious new tires look, and the consequences of getting caught.

coming over the border with 7k in undeclared parts would be be like someone starting a thread asking 'should i gift this 70k porsche to a guy on craigslist'.
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I will likely be making multiple trips as it won't all come in at the same time. I may also spend a week in the states in vacation to reduce the amount of taxes I will have to pay, etc.

The crazy thing to me is the attitude that "you have to pay taxes",I can assure you that you won't meet a lot of rich people that share that belief.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
you get offended way too quickly, and responding as a cocky kid doesn't help.

all the advice you needed was in the first reply.. but instead, you want call out the 'haters' with your riced out M3?

people aren't hating on you just because you want to cheap out when you spent 7k on overnight parts from japan, but because it's just stupid to try and squeeze passed CBSA, given how obvious new tires look, and the consequences of getting caught.

coming over the border with 7k in undeclared parts would be be like someone starting a thread asking 'should i gift this 70k porsche to a guy on craigslist'.
Not offended at all, and who's immature calling out my ricey M3 lol.

The first reply did not give me all the advice I need, but again, thanks Dad.

People are hating because it's so stupid to try and squeeze passed CBSA? Oh yeah I forgot everyone on this forum is a Saint, especially everyone in the Point Roberts Gas thread...

I'm not trying to get away with 7k in undeclared parts, just 1200$ in tires... common man, read the post!
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
We're not trying to get you to pay tax.

We're trying to save you getting raped, by paying the tax.

See the difference?

But yes, spreading it out will definitely help. Do be aware though that multiple trips will make you more suspicious. and with your car you're more likely to get searched.

Hence, the original point...just save yourself the headache.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #30
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
for point roberts most of us just tell it like it is.

they dont give two shits about gas.

i cant wait to see how this turns out though
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Well, here's what I think you should do. I think this time, you should just take your losses and pay your taxes since you messed up on the reciept and what not.

Next time, the guy above had a good idea. Go on a long weekend, purchase groceries and stuff, rack up a nice amount of reciepts and when they ask you what you bought show them all the reciepts for groceries and everything.

The border and tax evasion are 2 things you want to stay away from
JDMTrueLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Not offended at all, and who's immature calling out my ricey M3 lol.

The first reply did not give me all the advice I need, but again, thanks Dad.

People are hating because it's so stupid to try and squeeze passed CBSA? Oh yeah I forgot everyone on this forum is a Saint, especially everyone in the Point Roberts Gas thread...

I'm not trying to get away with 7k in undeclared parts, just 1200$ in tires... common man, read the post!
so for 150$ or so, you're willing to get 2nd levelled and possibly refused entry to the USA in the future?

i used to travel to the states weekly for work and ive had coworkers who've been second level'd. this results in waiting in the us customs office for up to 4-5hrs usually 1-2 and possibly missing your flight, they will screw u over if they feel like it. they had to suffer through this for several years. its not a nice place to be. enjoy the blacklist for 150$
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Quote:
thanks Dad.
Son, I am disappointed
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,440 Times in 4,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Son, I am disappoint
Fixed

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

next time...
sell old wheels to us buyer
drive car down with old wheels
pick up and install new wheels
ship out old wheels in states
drive back with new wheels
timing is everything
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
You could be honest and roll right through or lie and get busted. There's always a risk when you lie because last thing you want is to get busted over $1200 worth of stuff. The fine/duty is nothing compared to been blacklisted because you'll be searched every time you enter Canada.

And this thread reminds me of this guy from Korea who I was reading about in the Vancouver Sun a few days. The idiot declared $200 worth of goods but CSBA found a tag for a Rolex watch and he had to pay $9000+ in taxes/duties and $30,000 to get his watch back.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
thanks Dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Son, I am disappointed
Oh no. GG did you tell JT that he has one hour to pack and he couldn’t live with the family anymore.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Yes I know we are supposed to pay taxes, thank Dad.

How is it possible that every time I have sold a car here, the buyer has asked me to gift it to them lol. I thought people here were down with ducking the tax man... guess not.

I didn't ask if it was okay, I am curious to know what others have gotten away with in the past... thanks for chiming in you bunch of "do-gooders".

Just cause I have 7k to spend on parts doesn't mean I want to spend another 1k filling up the coffee machines of bureaucrats in Ottawa.
fwiw, when I bought my set of wheels, I asked the guy to send me an email agreeing on $300 for them.

In your case, you bought way too much at once. Just pay the $840, I can't really think of a creative way.

Edit: Misread the post. Put tires on. Drive for a couple days in the states. Voila, used tires!

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #39
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Oh I'm sure Canada Customs is going to hang a picture of my car on the corkboard right beside Luca Rocco Magnottas pciture. It's especially helpful that you can't see the license plate, or god forbid I could take another vehicle.

Yes you can tip off customs, but if you think that the scenario you propose is very likely, you clearly are not very familiar with our "clumsy" legal system. It's not exactly Canada Customs number one concern that a pair of tires make it into the country without being declared... and not everyone working at Canada Customs is going to be an automotive sherlock holmes. If they were smart they wouldnt be working for the Govt, that's almost an absolute

Again thanks to all the morons who contributed nothing to this thread beyond a whole lot of stating the obvious. I know what I am doing is a very frowned upon method of tax avoidance, I know that everything could possibly be seized by Canada Customs. I know that by doing this, the Harper Govt. will be forced to tailor back their selection of fine flavoured coffees.

This is funny to me because of the Point Roberts Gas thread, nobody got hated on there for not declaring the Gas in their tanks.

Blow me haters.
I'm not hating brah If anything I would say do it

not like I haven't done it before..
Old 06-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #40
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
With the amount of risk and time you need to bare, simply bring all the parts to UPS in the states and tell them they are repairing parts going into Canada, with $1 value. Pay the brokerage fee if needed and wait for the brownie truck at your door.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #41
I bringith the lowerballerith

take out ur spare, make 4 trips and bring 1 tire at a time.
tell customs you sent back the tires because it didnt look like advertised and u can at least take that off the taxable list.
or dont show him the receipt at all.

related note: will going back and forth multiple times flag anything ?_?
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #42
RS controls my life!

FWIW, it doesn't matter if its new or used. You have to pay the tax on whatever the value it is you're bringing back so your first idea would be moot. The second idea might work but like everyone says it's risky business.
dton13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #43
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
how much money are we talking on 1200 of tires/rims?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #44
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
how much money are we talking on 1200 of tires/rims?
$144 for the $1200 worth of tires

so if he has $7000 worth of parts including tires he would pay $840...just the HST not duty...that is if he declares everything...if he doesn't and gets caught then prepare to get raped(i.e. seizure of goods+penalty to get them back+duty+tax...)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #45
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Why don't you just do it and tell out how well it works out for you? We will watch the car out for you on the auction websites.

You make a horrible criminal, who ask people whether they should commit a crime BEFORE they do it?

Last edited by godwin; 06-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

if anything you should have shipped all your stuff to point roberts. i can't believe how lenient they are. I've brought over tires, exhaust, intake, supplements, sometimes bringing over invoices over a 1000 dollars and not 1once have i been taxed. I tell them exactly what i have and even provide the invoice, and they always let me across. i don't know if i have a horseshoe up my ass or if the border guards there just don't give a shit.
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #47
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

There are many types of people on this board, or any other board on that matter. Including cops, CBSA, gov't workers, etc.

To give you constructive feedback that you "want to hear", the $7k is too much to hide. Like others say you are only saving $144 on $1200 worth of goods, excluding duty. The CBSA is likely going to bill you according to the $7k receipt and not have time to pick your receipt apart by item (less shipping).

Now as for your tires that you are going to buy at DT, have you considered buying it from DTD? do you want to risk scratching your new rims at DT? and not go to the touchless ones like Autohaus? If you are going to buy from DT, you may wish to pay by cash just to remove the paper trail. Yes, drive it for 100-200 kms you will probably pass it off as used tires. Best if its in the rain to wash off excess lube.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #48
Meow

I went to bellingham and got a lip installed a few months ago. I didn't declare it and nothing happened. I bought my rims from across the states, and I declared $600 and got waved threw. If i were you, go grab the rims, say the receipt is online and you don't have a copy. Declare them being like $700 knockoffs. Get a buddy to drive threw your tires and go back for ur other parts another day.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #49
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Tires:
- Same wheels, get them installed, and rub off the yellow/red markings on the sidewall. Pinch off those whisker thingers (Wtf are those called?) and roll through.

Wheels:
A "friend" had a set of old steelies, and said that he was bringing them over to sell. Had them in tire bags.
Brought over new wheel/tires in the same bags, said the same thing, and included that the guy flaked on him.

OR: If it's in Pt Roberts. Same thing, just say that you're dropping it off at the post office.
Come back and tell them you got the wrong address/Forgot it.

They don't take pictures of the wheels in the bag.

Also, if I remember correctly, you don't pay taxes on tires that were made in NA/Mexico regardless of where you bought them. Someone might want to check on that though. I remember being told this whenever I pick up Federals(Taiwan) from Pt Roberts.

Other Parts:
If you're buying it off of a forum, get the guy to edit his post with the "price" well before the arranged date to pick them up. Get the seller to sign a note declaring the price, with his phone number/Email, or relation. Declare it as you would normally.
I've met a few good sellers that would "gift" it and when they called, acted like my best friend. Free.
Don't expect it to happen if you lowball them like a cunt though.

I've never done this though. So what do I know?

Last edited by SpuGen; 06-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #50
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ Those are some pretty good ideas for someone who hasn't done it

K-bad is offline   Reply With Quote