REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Dieting properly, general question, hopefully not beat to death (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669089-dieting-properly-general-question-hopefully-not-beat-death.html)

sebTeggy 06-26-2012 09:39 PM

Good job dude!

Drow 07-02-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman (Post 7959761)
Mid-update for you guys. I've lost a total of 9 pounds in the last 20 days. No pills or nothing but just clean eating and cardio 5x a week.

I still have about another 2.5 weeks left to go but even if i'm short 4 pounds or so of reaching my goals, I'm still really happy.

I definitely look healthier and a lot slimmer; friends are all saying i look fit =)

hey grats to you!

My whole life i was always in the middle between being normal, and being chubby. A year and half ago i underwent a minor case of depression, and just became a lazy person while blazing and munching out nearly every single day. My friends and coworkers all noticed how fat i was getting. My chin and jawline had almost disappeared, i didn't fit into a lot of my clothes anymore. I weighed myself then and i was around 165 lbs. Fast forward to now, with regular trips to the gym and eating wisely ( i still have my cheat days! ), i weigh around 141 lb's. It's amazing how lowering your bf% will greatly improve your facial aesthetics. Recently i've been noticing how many girls are noticing and complimenting me now, feels good brah. I am still working and dieting hard to reach around ~10% bf.

Once it becomes a habit, dieting is easy. You just have to tough it out the first week or two and then it becomes routine.

sebTeggy 07-04-2012 06:42 AM

I absolutely agree with the habit part.

For example, I went for dinner last night and only ate half my plate, I intentionally left it to pack home for another day. I was still hungry, yes, but I just finished my glass of water and called it a night.

The sensation of being 'hungry' is still there, but I have learned to sort of ignore it so it doesn't bug me as much. And like I said many times before, a glass of water usually gets rid of it.

I have lost 11 pounds roughly in the last month, but I did weigh myself in gym clothes after using the washroom, so give or take a little bit.

I am able to tell that my pants are giving me a lot more room. I have been eating MUCH MUCH less than I used to, and my stupid reasoning was 'big guy needs to eat!'

Good job Drow, I'm glad you are happy now :D

Oh and cheat days are IMPORTANT! Morally. It doesn't have to be a full day, I usually have a cheat meal on sundays when I go out for wings. I even order a pop. Although it isn't the best thing for you, its better to have 1 bad meal a week than to give up because you are nothing to look forward to :)

sebTeggy 08-23-2012 12:27 PM

UPDATE

So it is about 2.5 months after I posted this thread.

I am currently at 216 LBS from 235, I have lost lots of fat, my pants are having trouble fitting and I am using my belt on its max setting.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, making wiser choices. I can still get away with drinking a beer, going for wings, etc, but I consider these 'treats' and feel guilty if I eat poorly.

I have been exercising a lot. Not cardio, mainly weights (2-3 times a week), and go for a weekly walk/hike. Also take the stairs, things like that.

I think I will have to contribute most of my success to two things:

- Drinking plenty plenty plenty of water! It fills me up, flushes me out, keeps me active and hydrates, refreshed, etc. I have put hunger off many times by hydrating myself and realizing I really am not that hungry
- Avoiding bread with flour. I eat bread made from whole-grain-wheat that is sprouted without using flour. I used to eat 3 sandwitches a day (white flour) but now I eat it once a day.

A few other things:

Lots of avocados, tomatoes, nuts, and chewing gum.

In case anyone is wondering.......... Before, I used to eat shitty food 3 times a day, 7 days a week, and feel guilty and crappy about it

Now, I eat something tasty 2-3 times a week, and LOVE it :D Much better in my opinion.

lavisxice 08-23-2012 10:16 PM

i thought chewing gum makes u more hungry o_o

sebTeggy 08-24-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lavisxice (Post 8011554)
i thought chewing gum makes u more hungry o_o

I think the saliva in my stomach helps somehow..... :fullofwin: