REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   How to verify authenticity of ticketmaster tix (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669320-how-verify-authenticity-ticketmaster-tix.html)

tiger_handheld 06-09-2012 09:04 PM

How to verify authenticity of ticketmaster tix

How do I do this? Does ticketmaster/rogers area have booths that are open on regular days? I know for canucks tix, you can go before the game to verify, but waiting till the day of the show is too late for me.

Do I need to worry about anything if they are hardcopy tickets?

Vale46Rossi 06-09-2012 09:14 PM

You can't.

Even if you get hard copies and seller shows you ID and all info.

They can TECHNICALLY call ticketmaster for replacements and say theirs got stolen and yours will be voided.

Becareful.

tiger_handheld 06-09-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 7942865)
You can't.

They can TECHNICALLY call ticketmaster for replacements and say theirs got stolen and yours will be voided.

Becareful.

are you serious?

anyway to overcome this when buying from another seller?

i-VTEC 06-09-2012 09:35 PM

based on what Steven said, then perhaps when are you doing the transaction with the seller, tell him/her to call the Ticketmaster and say he sold it to you so change the new ticket holder name information~ etc..

beanzzz 06-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d87c (Post 7942891)
based on what Steven said, then perhaps when are you doing the transaction with the seller, tell him/her to call the Ticketmaster and say he sold it to you so change the new ticket holder name information~ etc..

How would Ticketmaster know that the person calling is really the seller and not just someone that stole the tickets?

Best thing you can do is get as much information from the seller as possible, ID (driver's license, company ID, business card), home/cell number, meet at their home or work place. So if they screw you, you know where to find them.

Mr.HappySilp 06-09-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 7942865)
You can't.

Becareful.

My frd got screw over like this before. Luckily he was able to find another set of tickets. It was on the news before as well so becareful.

mb_ 06-09-2012 11:02 PM

Honestly I don't think you can be 100% safe when you don't buy tickets directly from Ticketmaster. Taking down their information is not a bad idea, doesn't hurt to be extra cautious

sexyaccord 06-09-2012 11:08 PM

get the person to meet up with you at the event ?
so you can get in right away

InvisibleSoul 06-11-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanzzz (Post 7942895)
Best thing you can do is get as much information from the seller as possible, ID (driver's license, company ID, business card), home/cell number, meet at their home or work place. So if they screw you, you know where to find them.

I think this is the best approach to the situation.

HondaGuy 06-11-2012 02:22 PM

I had the same thoughts few weeks ago, was going to purchase tickets from a seller on CL. Seller said he/she had hard copies and able to prove by email receipts.
I emailed him and asked if he could meet me at ticketmaster booth to verify, and his/her driver licence or bcid to protect both sides of transaction. His tickets for my cash, of course my money is legit but just to be sure of a honest seller.

No reply from him/her since I sent him my interest to purchase.
Also saw his/her post 2 days ago back online.

HonestTea 06-11-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 7944104)
I had the same thoughts few weeks ago, was going to purchase tickets from a seller on CL. Seller said he/she had hard copies and able to prove by email receipts.
I emailed him and asked if he could meet me at ticketmaster booth to verify, and his/her driver licence or bcid to protect both sides of transaction. His tickets for my cash, of course my money is legit but just to be sure of a honest seller.

Sketch to the max!

InvisibleSoul 06-11-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 7944104)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestTea (Post 7944118)
Sketch to the max!

But not necessarily enough to know for sure that it's a scammer.

Seller could be on the up and up, but would prefer a buyer that is less rigorous with the security, so that it'll be a faster, easier, and more convenient sale.

Gumby 06-11-2012 03:56 PM

I dunno - a buyer that isn't that rigorous with security could be a scammer himself...

Hehe 06-12-2012 08:20 AM

Technically, when a ticket from TM gets exchanged with money being exchanged without TM's consent, the ticket is void according to TM's term.

So, no seller will go with you to tell TM that they are trying to scalp tickets.

And no, TM will NOT make exceptions. They have their own site selling tickets at premium price... the less competition, the better.