REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
How to verify authenticity of ticketmaster tix

How do I do this? Does ticketmaster/rogers area have booths that are open on regular days? I know for canucks tix, you can go before the game to verify, but waiting till the day of the show is too late for me.

Do I need to worry about anything if they are hardcopy tickets?
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
You can't.

Even if you get hard copies and seller shows you ID and all info.

They can TECHNICALLY call ticketmaster for replacements and say theirs got stolen and yours will be voided.

Becareful.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
You can't.

They can TECHNICALLY call ticketmaster for replacements and say theirs got stolen and yours will be voided.

Becareful.
are you serious?

anyway to overcome this when buying from another seller?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 06-09-2012 at 09:30 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

based on what Steven said, then perhaps when are you doing the transaction with the seller, tell him/her to call the Ticketmaster and say he sold it to you so change the new ticket holder name information~ etc..
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by d87c View Post
based on what Steven said, then perhaps when are you doing the transaction with the seller, tell him/her to call the Ticketmaster and say he sold it to you so change the new ticket holder name information~ etc..
How would Ticketmaster know that the person calling is really the seller and not just someone that stole the tickets?

Best thing you can do is get as much information from the seller as possible, ID (driver's license, company ID, business card), home/cell number, meet at their home or work place. So if they screw you, you know where to find them.

Last edited by beanzzz; 06-09-2012 at 09:54 PM.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
You can't.

Becareful.
My frd got screw over like this before. Luckily he was able to find another set of tickets. It was on the news before as well so becareful.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Honestly I don't think you can be 100% safe when you don't buy tickets directly from Ticketmaster. Taking down their information is not a bad idea, doesn't hurt to be extra cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!

get the person to meet up with you at the event ?
so you can get in right away
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
Best thing you can do is get as much information from the seller as possible, ID (driver's license, company ID, business card), home/cell number, meet at their home or work place. So if they screw you, you know where to find them.
I think this is the best approach to the situation.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
10psi aint enough...

I had the same thoughts few weeks ago, was going to purchase tickets from a seller on CL. Seller said he/she had hard copies and able to prove by email receipts.
I emailed him and asked if he could meet me at ticketmaster booth to verify, and his/her driver licence or bcid to protect both sides of transaction. His tickets for my cash, of course my money is legit but just to be sure of a honest seller.

No reply from him/her since I sent him my interest to purchase.
Also saw his/her post 2 days ago back online.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
I had the same thoughts few weeks ago, was going to purchase tickets from a seller on CL. Seller said he/she had hard copies and able to prove by email receipts.
I emailed him and asked if he could meet me at ticketmaster booth to verify, and his/her driver licence or bcid to protect both sides of transaction. His tickets for my cash, of course my money is legit but just to be sure of a honest seller.

Sketch to the max!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Sketch to the max!
But not necessarily enough to know for sure that it's a scammer.

Seller could be on the up and up, but would prefer a buyer that is less rigorous with the security, so that it'll be a faster, easier, and more convenient sale.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
I dunno - a buyer that isn't that rigorous with security could be a scammer himself...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Technically, when a ticket from TM gets exchanged with money being exchanged without TM's consent, the ticket is void according to TM's term.

So, no seller will go with you to tell TM that they are trying to scalp tickets.

And no, TM will NOT make exceptions. They have their own site selling tickets at premium price... the less competition, the better.