REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,191 Times in 3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Thats the funny thing about being informed enough to have my own opinion and thoughts on things. People think I'm either too far left, or too far right when I don't jump on a bandwagon and scream "NNGGG MERKKKA SUCKS" or tell people not to call each other fags, niggers, chinks, or gooks on a forum that relies on advertising dollars to keep running.

It seems like some of you have been drinking the kool aid so long that you don't know what its like to have an opinion of your own, instead relying on news stories written to evoke a knee-jerk reaction and polarize people in a certain way.

Most of the comments I've been making in this thread are more about how the media is treating this story and the reactions to it than about the bill itself. Somehow me not blindly agreeing that this bill is going to lead to the degradation of society has put me in the line of fire here on Revscene.

Critical thinking, not a blind obedience to the popular opinion is the method I employ when determining my feelings on what happens in the world. For those of you threatened by that, the fail button is at the bottom of my post.

Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
I like how everyone still thinks white people are dominant, we are the minority here, and suffer from just as much, if not more racism than any other race. We just cant pull the race card and complain about it like everyone else does.

This is a step forward, im starting to like the conservatives
How many minorities do you see leading big companies in Canada? Who's the boss of your company? Who works in upper management?

How many minorities do you see in the House of Commons? How many minority cabinet ministers? How many minority Prime Ministers have we had?

Have you lived anywhere outside of the Lower Mainland?
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,440 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
I like how everyone still thinks white people are dominant, we are the minority here, and suffer from just as much, if not more racism than any other race. We just cant pull the race card and complain about it like everyone else does.

This is a step forward, im starting to like the conservatives
White people the minority?

Sorry, but we're still the majority of the population in Canada. Step outside of the Lower Mainland and into the rest of the country...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 AM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
How many minorities do you see leading big companies in Canada? Who's the boss of your company? Who works in upper management?

How many minorities do you see in the House of Commons? How many minority cabinet ministers? How many minority Prime Ministers have we had?

Have you lived anywhere outside of the Lower Mainland?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
White people the minority?

Sorry, but we're still the majority of the population in Canada. Step outside of the Lower Mainland and into the rest of the country...
Thank you for pointing out what to most should be an obvious fact of North American life. I didn't want to say anything myself because I didn't want to make this a coloured vs. whites fight but you've got to be kidding if you think white people are a minority here. You cannot go to Surrey and say "oh we're a minority." Surrey is WAY too small of a place to look at majority/minorities and it is basically known as Little India.

I'm just using that as an example. If you think you're white and you feel like a minority, put yourself in a school where you are the only person that is of a different race. Go to work where you are only person of a different race. Live in a neighbourhood where you are the only person of a different race. And have your family experience the exact same thing. Some white people, believe it or not do manage to go through these experiences, but nevertheless it's only a handful. Until you can do most of those things I've mentioned, you my friend, are NOT a minority.

Beg to differ, I'll take you to a mall and observe as people walk by to see how many people are from different races besides white.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, and it irritates me when white people say "we can't pull the race card." Wake the f*ck up...You're a DOMINATE race in the world. You control most of everything. You have ALMOST never, if so, very seldom been persecuted for the color of your skin. The only places you may or may not be discriminated against are in the little cities that minorities have built. ie: Surrey, Richmond, etc. For the rest of the areas of the world, there is no way in hell you can sit there and say "oh we're victims." The "race card" is a term that is unfair and makes it seem like a game. SOME people make a fuss over things saying they've been discriminated against when they haven't. But by using the term "race card" you're making it seem like it's something that minorities just use as a weapon in their back pocket to get themselves out of trouble or to get compensation. Some of you will understand this, some of you won't. So be it.

Last edited by parm104; 06-12-2012 at 02:38 AM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
LOL, you sound like a loser.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote