REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #3801
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^Well the subway series is in town.
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #3802
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Watching the 2002 gold medal game right now.

Can someone explain to me again how it's widescreen and in highdef? Something to do with all cameras are recorded at high def quality but downscaled for the TVs at the time?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #3803
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Trevor Linden autograph signing:

best buy 6:00PM to 8:00PM –

8133 Ontario St (at Marine Dr.)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #3804
My homepage has been set to RS

Subway Series was fun to watch, especially from floor seats! Nice to be back in a big rink watching some puck.

Yakupov had flashes where he made some really great plays and looked dangerous, and at other times he looked plain lazy. Not to mention his brutal shootout attempt. If he's going to become a star in the NHL, that's not going to cut it.

Leafs fans definitely have something to look forward to in Morgan Rielly, the kid is outstanding. He's extremely shifty, makes a beautiful first pass and man does he have some slick hands.

Others that impressed me: Ryan Murray, Hunter Shinkaruk, Griffin Reinhart (funny to see, used to play against the kid!), Laurent Brossoit, Andrei Makarov.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #3805

Canucks fans definitely have something to look forward to in Morgan Rielly, the kid from west vancouver is outstanding. He's extremely shifty, makes a beautiful first pass and man does he have some slick hands.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #3806
My homepage has been set to RS

^

If only.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #3807

backstrom finally changed his number in the khl from 99. "doesnt want to disrespect gretzky by wearing it". changed his number to 69
Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #3808
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
backstrom finally changed his number in the khl from 99. "doesnt want to disrespect gretzky by wearing it". changed his number to 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #3809
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Canucks fans definitely have something to look forward to in Morgan Rielly, the kid from west vancouver is outstanding. He's extremely shifty, makes a beautiful first pass and man does he have some slick hands.
"Loungo for Gardiner, Schenn, and 1st rounder"

Said the fucking idiot
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #3810

Cant take an off season joke :
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #3811
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Cant take an off season joke :
That wasn't directed at you brah. That was directed to all the idiots who thought we could get that big of a return for Lu. I think I first heard it on The Score, sometime in late June?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #3812
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Bettman suggests break from CBA talks

Quote:
TORONTO (AP) Negotiations had already hit a wall in the ongoing hockey labor fight, and now the NHL has suggested the sides take an official two-week break before getting back to the bargaining table.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman floated the idea of a break to players' association executive director Donald Fehr. The union hasn't responded to the league yet, but the players maintained their position on Thursday night that they are ready and willing to meet at any time, and the only way to reach a deal to end the long lockout is to keep talking and negotiating.
``Gary suggested the possibility of a two-week moratorium,'' NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to The Associated Press on Thursday night. ``I'm disappointed because we don't have a negotiating partner that has any genuine interest in reaching an agreement. Zero interest.''
The suggestion of a break was first reported by The Canadian Press on Thursday night.
With no new negotiations scheduled, and communication in general shutting down, the NHL appears to be getting closer to calling off more games, putting the entire hockey season in jeopardy.
``I hope not, but I'm more discouraged now than I have been at any point in the process,'' Daly said. ``I responded to Don saying he did not know how to proceed from here.''
The sides put on a push to make an agreement last week when they met over six consecutive days in New York. However, Friday's session ended with a heated exchange, and talks lasted only about an hour on Sunday.
The 61-day lockout has already claimed 327 regular-season games, including the New Year's Day outdoor Winter Classic, and more could be wiped out within a week. It is believed that an agreement would need to be in place by the end of next week for the season to get under way on Dec. 1.
That is starting to look unlikely because of the mere fact that the sides are unable to find common ground on the big issues keeping them apart. It is more than just finances preventing a deal. The disagreements over player contract terms have emerged as just big an impasse.
The NHL wants to limit contracts to five years, make rules to prohibit back-diving contracts the league feels circumvent the salary cap, keep players ineligible for unrestricted free agency until they are 28 or have eight years of professional service time, cut entry-level deals to two years, and make salary arbitration after five years.
A few hours into last Friday's session, negotiations broke down over the core economic differences that separate the sides.
A lockout wiped out the entire 2004-05 season.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #3813
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I honestly thought that after last week's 6 days or whatever of straight negotiations they were gonna figure it out to start December 1st. Now Id bet on the entire season being canceled.

Apparently they've lost $400million in revenue for this year so far plus a guaranteed 2 weeks more of no hockey. And if they don't get a deal done by next week, they will cancel all of December as well. And that's not counting the damage done that may carry over to next year slowing or reversing revenue growth.

If the season starts by Christmas, the players will have lost more than the entire amount they would have lost in the 7% salary reduction 'make whole' balony they've been arguing about for the last month. They would have been farther ahead had they accepted the NHL's last good proposal that would have allowed a full season.

And despite what some people think, the unions position is absolutely not about the future. It is completely about the salary reduction for this season, as salaries would have evened out by next season due to revenue growth. The big issue is the 'make whole' issue which is about honoring current contract values. I cant honestly believe negotiating one year one way or the other for entry level deals, and UFA, etc can be a legitimate hold up in negotiations.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #3814
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
when they cancel the season we should get a bunch of RS guys, gather up any memorabilia you can part with and we'll have a big bon fire and spread the shit out of it
Old 11-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #3815
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The more I think about this the more I think the owners planned what they are asking for now back in 04-05. They got their salary cap back then, but gave the players earlier UFA rights and other of these 'small' issues which they are squabbling about now. Owners probably figured they could claw these rights back at a future date, ie. now. I'd be surprised the PA cares about front loaded long term contracts, they know its a loophole being exploited and they knew it would get addressed/closed. 2 year entry level contracts are more advantageous to players than the current 3 years.

Really what the owners want are rules to protect them from themselves. If they are so united on these issues, leave them out of the CBA and have gentlemen's agreements to sign players to no more than 5 years.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #3816
I don't get it

I think it was clear that there wouldn't be any hockey this season once the Winter Classic was cancelled.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #3817
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
As much as I love hockey... it's sad to say, I don't even care any more...
Starting to get used to this feeling. My heart feels numb.

Maybe losing a whole season of hockey so everyone can realize how much of a joke NHL is, isn't so bad afterall.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 11-16-2012, 01:37 AM   #3818
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
The Canucks should really do something for the fans.

One measly game, free tickets, show the game outside, throw a party or something.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #3819
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^we need brad may & friends again

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #3820
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Does this mean next season is at risk too if this continues to drag on?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #3821

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Does this mean next season is at risk too if this continues to drag on?
Posted via RS Mobile
From what I've read if there isn't a deal by next week games through Dec 15th would be cancelled.

If there isn't a deal AFTER the deadline next week, 2012-2013 season could potentially be completely wiped
Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #3822
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
From what I've read if there isn't a deal by next week games through Dec 15th would be cancelled.

If there isn't a deal AFTER the deadline next week, 2012-2013 season could potentially be completely wiped
I am talking about the 2013-14 season if both sides can't agree on anything.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #3823

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
lol its way too early to be talking about a cancelled 2013-14 season
Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #3824
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
if 13/14 was cancelled the NHL would die
Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #3825
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
if 13/14 was cancelled I would die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Closed Thread