REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #976
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Wow, they got the Wayner to call Schultz. I hope Botchford's speculation that it's a last ditch effort to change his mind stands and the kid decides on the 604. I mean, if he chooses the oilers he will have to play the Canucks 6 times a year. If he becomes a star, he will be sticking it to them for years to come. If he's a bust....
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #977
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,328 Times in 5,644 Posts
I also read that his parents have season tickets to the nucks but I'm not sure if jr was legit
Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #978

I wonder if Gretzky's pitch included a night with Paulina.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #979
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I also read that his parents have season tickets to the nucks but I'm not sure if jr was legit
That seems pretty unlikely, given that all the credible reports say his parents live in Kelowna. That's a long drive, over one hell of a winter mountain pass, 41 times a year, to see a hockey game... even for the most committed fan.

Edit: Okay, let's say Schultz's parents attend every Fri and Sat game during the regular season, this year that would have been 11 games. That's easily 90-100 hours worth of travel time if conditions are good, on a highway prone to closures. It seems very unlikely that it's any more than a rumor, especially given the current hype, but people are welcome to disagree with me

Last edited by MindBomber; 06-29-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #980
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
That seems pretty unlikely, given that all the credible reports say his parents live in Kelowna. That's a long drive, over one hell of a winter mountain pass, 41 times a year to see a hockey game.
You know, not every season ticket holders go to 41 times a year. They share some of those games with family, friends, or just sell it off.

If Shultz is smart and confident in his own skills, he should sign with us. Look at what the Sedins got Ehrhoff, $40 million!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #981
My homepage has been set to RS

Completely away from all the recent trade/Justin Schultz talk, I'm looking forward to Schroeder getting his chance on the big squad this year. His style is pretty similar to Patrick Kane's (size, shiftiness, etc) and the guy has some sick hands and vision. Hopefully he can adjust to the NHL and contribute. I'm pretty excited with everything going on!

Last edited by kristianhay; 06-29-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #982
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Agreed! I've been waiting to see what he can do in the NHL ever since we drafted him. Oct can't come soon enough..
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #983
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
a bit...underwhelmed with the "highlights"
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #984

It's more of a "highlight" reel showing his overall play style as opposed to simply goals/assists. What underwhelmed you? His speed, escapability, vision and hands really impressed me.

Another player I'm looking forward to in the future is Rodin. He has tons of potential but still needs to adjust to the North American game. Goal starting at 1:15 really showcases his skill.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
That seems pretty unlikely, given that all the credible reports say his parents live in Kelowna. That's a long drive, over one hell of a winter mountain pass, 41 times a year, to see a hockey game... even for the most committed fan.

Edit: Okay, let's say Schultz's parents attend every Fri and Sat game during the regular season, this year that would have been 11 games. That's easily 90-100 hours worth of travel time if conditions are good, on a highway prone to closures. It seems very unlikely that it's any more than a rumor, especially given the current hype, but people are welcome to disagree with me
If your kid played in the NHL I think you'd make the sacrifice to see 11 games

Like I said though its all speculation

If things worked out and let's say Salo comes back it looks pretty good having Shultz Salo Schneider Kassian Booth + any other additions

If everything fell into place the team could look quite different

You have Kes sedins burrows as top 6 the other 2 spots are open as far as I'm concerned
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #986

Just cruising on youtube and with the prospect of Lu getting traded so close, I'm pretty bummed. He's the best goalie this team and city has ever had and it kind of sucks that the media and fans chased him out of town. Sure he under performed on occasions, but every goalie does. I've always supported Lu and think he is still an elite goaltender. If it happens, it will be weird as fuck to see him in a different uniform again.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #987
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
looks like the kid is making his decision later today!

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #988
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Just cruising on youtube and with the prospect of Lu getting traded so close, I'm pretty bummed. He's the best goalie this team and city has ever had and it kind of sucks that the media and fans chased him out of town. Sure he under performed on occasions, but every goalie does. I've always supported Lu and think he is still an elite goaltender. If it happens, it will be weird as fuck to see him in a different uniform again.

Why do people keep thinking that it's the fans that drive players (Luongo) out of the city? Do you think Gillis cares about your average construction worker, burger flipper, corporate lawyer, etc's assessment of Luongo?

Do you think Francesco Aquilini listens to these peons and allow them the ultimate decision for his multi-million dollar venture (Orca Bay)?

No.

At the end of the day, it's their call. Their decision. Regardless of what the masses think, what their assessments are, their valuations.

Luongo WAS our best goaltender. That is until he became a "made man" in the franchise and in a lot of people's eyes, he never played the same. He's at a point in his career where he's been chasing his 06/07 performance for the last 6 years now.

And it's not like the club didn't give him a chance or hung him out to dry. They stuck with him for the last 6 years, gave him every resource he wanted to stick around and up-his-game. Everytime we came up short, they gave him EVERY benefit of the doubt for the last 6 years (even when the fans thought otherwise). The club stood by him all these years.

No, nobody ran him out of town. That's just the way the cookie crumbled. And I'm sure in the perspective of Aquilini/Gillis, it's just business.

Yes, we're guilty of the "What have you done for me lately" syndrome. But as Aquilini stated that his business goal is to win a Championship, you can't let loyalties and patronage get in the way of making a business decision; a hard decision; and perhaps one day a "winning" decision.

I do believe he'll do better anywhere else but here. As long as he's in a environment (franchise) where he has to prove himself again, and earn his merit; and not as a "made-man" where he's invincible to criticism yet again.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #989
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Canucks Sports and Entertainment, not Orca Bay.

Lu was given a fair chance and people loved him the way he played in 06/07. But he steadily started to decline and even though I think people unfairly blame him for the 2010 loss, I don't think anyone ran him out of town. He was still a top 5 goalie but he's getting older and Schneider is a better fit now. It's just unfortunate that Vancouver is full of idiots that think they know hockey when all they do is yell at Henrik to shoot and think they can get Shea Weber for Mason Raymond.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 AM   #990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Why do people keep thinking that it's the fans that drive players (Luongo) out of the city? Do you think Gillis cares about your average construction worker, burger flipper, corporate lawyer, etc's assessment of Luongo?

Do you think Francesco Aquilini listens to these peons and allow them the ultimate decision for his multi-million dollar venture (Orca Bay)?

No.

At the end of the day, it's their call. Their decision. Regardless of what the masses think, what their assessments are, their valuations.

Luongo WAS our best goaltender. That is until he became a "made man" in the franchise and in a lot of people's eyes, he never played the same. He's at a point in his career where he's been chasing his 06/07 performance for the last 6 years now.

And it's not like the club didn't give him a chance or hung him out to dry. They stuck with him for the last 6 years, gave him every resource he wanted to stick around and up-his-game. Everytime we came up short, they gave him EVERY benefit of the doubt for the last 6 years (even when the fans thought otherwise). The club stood by him all these years.

No, nobody ran him out of town. That's just the way the cookie crumbled. And I'm sure in the perspective of Aquilini/Gillis, it's just business.

Yes, we're guilty of the "What have you done for me lately" syndrome. But as Aquilini stated that his business goal is to win a Championship, you can't let loyalties and patronage get in the way of making a business decision; a hard decision; and perhaps one day a "winning" decision.

I do believe he'll do better anywhere else but here. As long as he's in a environment (franchise) where he has to prove himself again, and earn his merit; and not as a "made-man" where he's invincible to criticism yet again.
Definitely agreed. What I mean with the fans is that obviously, what people are saying effects how the media reacts, and in turn, that does effect the player - his confidence level, etc. Obviously the end result is not in direct correlation to this but still. Probably just get too attached to players haha!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #991
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
So, any Schultz news?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #992
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
So, any Schultz news?
we will find out later this afternoon
Old 06-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #993
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
#schultzwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #994
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
There's no way he can live up to the hype now. No way
Old 06-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #995
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Lol yup, especially if he's a minus player and finishes with less than 40 points this season
Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
At least it's relatively easy to live up to an entry level contract
Old 06-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #997
I'm better than you.

Leafs buy out colby Armstrong. Would be worth it to grab him for next to nothing. Hes a pretty big guy.

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #998
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Lu was given a fair chance and people loved him the way he played in 06/07. But he steadily started to decline and even though I think people unfairly blame him for the 2010 loss, I don't think anyone ran him out of town.
The ironic thing is that he's a better technical goalie now than he was in 06/07. Watching back at clips from then, some of his positioning and movements makes you cringe. He relied on having to scramble a lot back then and made a lot of saves that he shouldn't have been able to thanks to his athleticism. Today, he is a much more technically and positionally sound goalie and rarely do we see those crazy acrobatic saves because he doesn't put himself into a position where he needs to pull those out.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #999
I'm better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The ironic thing is that he's a better technical goalie now than he was in 06/07. Watching back at clips from then, some of his positioning and movements makes you cringe. He relied on having to scramble a lot back then and made a lot of saves that he shouldn't have been able to thanks to his athleticism. Today, he is a much more technically and positionally sound goalie and rarely do we see those crazy acrobatic saves because he doesn't put himself into a position where he needs to pull those out.
That's why watching Hasek was fun lol

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #1000

Both TOR and NYR out on Shultz according to mckenzie and dreger

So EDM and Van now, I don't think OTT is in it
Closed Thread