REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #651
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
So weird that they would go to all that trouble to play Gragnani at the end of the year last season but then not bother to even qualify him.

Letting Rome go just tells me they're looking to bring in another D or they're really sold on Tanev being top-4.
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #652
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Letting Rome go just tells me they're looking to bring in another D or they're really sold on Tanev being top-4.
Or it means Gillis has had enough of AV's hard-on for Rome.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #653
My homepage has been set to RS

Please be true.

Quote:
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Reports are that Schultz wants to play in Canada. Hearing Vancouver.
Writer for the Philly Inquirer, 12k followers.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #654
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
It does help hes from K-Town and his family are died hard Canucks fans. That would be huge if we landed him for free.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #655
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Schultz

That would be a hella solid D corpse
Old 06-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #656
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^-Korea-town...? Robson and Cardero?

Man I'm tired of all this speculations. I hold my breath everyday when I come into this thread seeing if there are any big moves yet.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #657
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
If we sign Schultz...

Maybe that's why Rome and Gragnani won't be back for next season.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #658
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post

anyways..........

The reality of suitors for Luongo was slim to begin with, and will be slim going forward. Gillis is asking for too much, and he admits that he, himself is the problem.

I can't see Toronto as a suitor with or without Schenn simply because Toronto is in very rough shape for depth in the future. Burke isn't going to part with any "promising" prospect as he shot himself in the foot after the Kessel trade. It knocked off two years off their development as a team and Burke isn't stupid to make the trade.

What can Luongo bring in return that the Canucks need? A forward for Kesler and Booth? ANOTHER 3rd line center plug?

What about defensive depth, with Rome gone, the responsibility now lies on Tanev. Bring in another guy to fill the hole left by Salo? not many of those guys out there that doesn't come with a big price tag.

This is why I can't see Luongo being moved ANYTIME SOON, theres too many "holes" and it seems like Gillis is trying to fill them all with one big trade.

Prospects are tough to part with in any given situation, and if Gillis is focused on winning it all, Prospects arn't going to cut it in the short term.
Finally a voice of reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Please be true.

Writer for the Philly Inquirer, 12k followers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_ View Post
If we sign Schultz...
I read an article about this today. How we as hockey fans are so craving hockey news that we now put weight in scoop from people on twitter that are legitimate based on how many followers they have..

I also saw reports about Schultz and how Edmonton is the place he'll go.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #659
UFO

I think letting Grag go after saying he'll be qualified is a move to court Schultz, same with letting Rome walk as well.

Unless the qualifying offers were sent through post mail and hadn't arrived yet
Old 06-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #660
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Can someone please explain all the hype surrounding this Schultz kid? Who is he and why does everybody thinks he's so good? He's never played a single NHL game, he was drafted 4 years ago 43rd overall, he went 2 picks after we took Sauve and was the 19th defenceman taken in that years draft. So what makes this kid a can't miss prospect?
Old 06-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #661
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
Can someone please explain all the hype surrounding this Schultz kid? Who is he and why does everybody thinks he's so good? He's never played a single NHL game, he was drafted 4 years ago 43rd overall, he went 2 picks after we took Sauve and was the 19th defenceman taken in that years draft. So what makes this kid a can't miss prospect?
Plenty of interest in pending UFA Justin Schultz - The Hockey News
Old 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #662

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Did somebody forget to take Lu off the Florida website? -peculiar.

Roberto Luongo Florida Panthers - 2011-2012 Stats - Florida Panthers - Team
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #663
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
^already been posted last page..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #664

Anyone remember Jesse Shultz? Supposedly the final piece to the Sedin line?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Finally a voice of reason.

I read an article about this today. How we as hockey fans are so craving hockey news that we now put weight in scoop from people on twitter that are legitimate based on how many followers they have..

I also saw reports about Schultz and how Edmonton is the place he'll go.
Eh, it's the offseason. Speculating and keeping up with rumors makes it a little more fun and interesting, especially when you've been following the team for so long!

Schultz is just a complete player and has put up good stats wherever he has been.

Last edited by kristianhay; 06-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #666

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
-glad we have Gillis as a GM compared to some of the plugs in the NHL.

For example, Garth Snow.

@NHL: REPORT: #Isles offered all picks for #CBJ 2nd overall. Story: Report: Isles offered all picks to Jackets for No. 2 - NHL.com - News #NHLDraft” //
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #667
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
pretty sure everyone is aware of how stupid Garth Snow is as a GM already
Spoiler!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #668
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
its not garth snow, its the entire islanders organization
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post

Coveted NHL free agent Justin Schultz a

Quote:
VANCOUVER — Justin Schultz handles the puck in a cool and confident manner. He quarterbacks the power play to perfection, efficiently finds the net and did it all to critical acclaim in three seasons at the University of Wisconsin.

But can the coveted unrestricted free-agent defenceman turn promise into efficiency at the NHL level?

Judging by the clamour to court the former Anaheim second-round 2008 draft pick — he became a UFA on Monday thanks to a loophole in the expiring NHL collective bargaining agreement that cites his extra year of BCHL play before jumping to the NCAA and then snubbing the Ducks at the June 1 signing deadline — there’s widespread belief that at age 21, the West Kelowna, B.C., product has a level of maturity to excel at the pro game.

And with Schultz limited to a two-year, entry-level contract at $925,000 US annually, suitors are salivating. It makes his reported demand for NHL ice time seem moot if he’s that good after amassing 16 goals and 44 points in 37 games with the NCAA Badgers last season.

Rylan Ferster coached Schultz in the 2008 World Junior A Challenge when he guided the Salmon Arm Silverbacks. And while it’s hard to predict NHL potential from a BCHL star, he saw enough of Schultz years ago to know why the current hype is understandable.

“He was certainly a pretty special player,” Ferster recalled Monday. “He was pretty dynamic and skated pretty fluently and could really handle the puck. He’s a guy who when he was on the ice — even though he was on the back end — was a threat. His game has obviously taken off and got a lot better than when he was down here, but when the puck was on his stick it usually ended up in a better place. And when he jumped up into the play, the puck would find him.

“That’s what you remember. You want young defencemen to jump up into the play but they don’t always make things happen. When he was up there, something was going on.

“And he’s a very soft-spoken, one of those guys who really has his head on straight. A pretty humble guy.”

The Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers and New York Rangers will be front-runners when the wooing commences Wednesday and expect the Toronto Maple Leafs, Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks to make their cases, too. If Schultz really wants to play closer to home, the Canucks can offer the right fit as being part of a veteran core without the pressure of being ’the’ guy.

There would be the carrot of possibly filling the No. 4 spot and getting ample power-play time — even if UFA blue-liner Sami Salo returns in a limited role — and landing Schultz would be especially attractive if the Canucks can move Keith Ballard’s contract. They could use the cap space and they need to get younger.

Marc-Andre Gragnani, 25, had one goal and three points in 14 games after being acquired from Buffalo for Alexander Sulzer at the trade deadline, but the restricted free agent wasn’t qualified before Monday’s deadline. He looked tentative in the offensive zone, lost in the defensive zone and didn’t play in the post-season.

A lack of overall puck movement and getting pucks through led to a paltry 3-for-21 playoff power-play performance by the Canucks. There is potential in Kevin Connauton, 22, who had 13 goals for the Chicago Wolves last season but he needs to improve his defensive awareness. And a home-grown UFA like Jason Garrison, 27, of the Florida Panthers isn’t going to come cheap after a franchise-record 16-goal season. That’s what makes Schultz so intriguing.

“It’s his vision. It’s his composure with the puck. It’s his puck skills,” said Wisconsin coach Mike Eaves. “And the one thing that’s just a gift is his shot. He has the innate ability to get that puck to the net to allow for rebounds, tip-ins and goals. He’s got what we call a smart shot.”

That’s why there’s so much interest. The Oilers can dangle being quarterback of a potentially explosive power play that includes Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. That will either come with the pressure to perform or the understanding that the Oilers are still in a patient rebuild mode by opting for Nail Yakupov as the first overall draft pick Friday in lieu of trying to land a veteran blue-liner.

The Rangers can play the buddy card with Wisconsin alums Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan and the Maple Leafs can do the same with Jake Gardiner. The Wings can trot out the Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart voids and the Blackhawks could sell Schultz in that they’re not that far removed from returning to Stanley Cup contention.

Read more: Coveted NHL free agent Justin Schultz a
Quote:
Eh, it's the offseason. Speculating and keeping up with rumors makes it a little more fun and interesting, especially when you've been following the team for so long!

Schultz is just a complete player and has put up good stats wherever he has been.

Justin Schultz Highlights - YouTube
Just giving you a hard time...so much speculation out there.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #670
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Quote:

Justin Schultz Highlights - YouTube
I've enjoyed reading all the rumours you've posted so far. This is where I get my rumour fix lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #671

^^

Haha I figured, but you never know.

Another exciting week upcoming if anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I've enjoyed reading all the rumours you've posted so far. This is where I get my rumour fix lol
Thanks dude! Good place to come and chat with fellow Canuck's fans that isn't CDC ha.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #672
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Schultz would be good signing as a free asset, but not going to get too excited about him yet. Remember the last hot free agent NCAA defenseman that every team was after and all the media was proclaiming to be a great NHLer, ya Matt Gilroy.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #673

FABIAN BRUUNSTROM OMGSSSZZZZZZZZZZZ

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #674
In RS I Trust

Look at Monster hes now Winnipeg's soon to be backup lol
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #675
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
@botchford: @santsational Canucks don’t want d. Salo is coming back

@botchford: @MarioMontega salo’s coming back. Is the word out?

@MarioMontega: @botchford any idea lenght term..

@botchford: @MarioMontega 1 yr

apparently salo is coming back for one more year
Closed Thread