REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #3551
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
If the PA declines this offer 50/50, bring on the replacement players.

Starting with new develop prospects in the 2013 draft will be our future superstars, existing high roll players can go Europe or stay with a pay cut. Then the only thing that matters will be World Championships (huge in Europe) and Olympics.
I'm pretty sure I can speak on behalf of a lot of people who are hockey fans and say that NO ONE wants to watch replacement players. You pay to see the best players on the ice, and on tv. No one is going to watch a bunch of no names play. Sure it'll be hockey, but it'd be better to go watch the Abby Heat or the Giants instead.
Advertisement
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 10-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #3552
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
I'm pretty sure I can speak on behalf of a lot of people who are hockey fans and say that NO ONE wants to watch replacement players. You pay to see the best players on the ice, and on tv. No one is going to watch a bunch of no names play. Sure it'll be hockey, but it'd be better to go watch the Abby Heat or the Giants instead.
You shouldn't take anything "Big Earl" says seriously. Srs.

This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #3553
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Not sure how you reduce the players portion of HRR from 57% to 50% and not expect at least some salary roll back.

There has to be like $12million in salary cap reduction. So players have to take a roll back this year. Hell, revenue may increase next year to a point where at 50%, total salaries are where they were last year. But not if there is no season.

And thats not to mention what happens if this season is lost and growth momentum reverses and revenue drops and the cap goes down next year. now you've got like 2.1billion worth of salaries that can only fit into 1.8billion worth of cap space.
I found this in the owners' offer. I've read and tried to comprehend it but I have no idea what it really means , but the commentary suggests that its essentially players paying the players or something along those lines:

Quote:
10. Players' Share "Make Whole" Provision:

-- The League proposes to make Players "whole" for the absolute reduction in Players' Share dollars (when compared to 2011/12) that is attributable to the economic terms of the new CBA (the "Share Reduction"). Using an assumed year-over-year growth rate of 5% for League-wide revenues, the new CBA could result in shortfalls from the current level of Players' Share dollars ($1.883 Billion in 2011/12) of up to $149 million in Year 1 and up to $62 million in Year 2, for which Players will be "made whole." (By Year 3 of the new CBA, Players' Share dollars should exceed the current level ($1.883 Billion for 2011/12) and no "make whole" will be required.) Any such "shortfalls" in Years 1 and 2 of the new CBA will be computed as a percentage reduction off of the Player's stated contractual compensation, and will be repaid to the Player as a Deferred Compensation benefit spread over the remaining future years of the Player's SPC (or if he has no remaining years, in the year following the expiration of his SPC). Player reimbursement for the Share Reduction will be accrued and paid for by the League, and will be chargeable against Players' Share amounts in future years as Preliminary Benefits. The objective would be to honor all existing SPCs by restoring their "value" on the basis of the now existing level of Players' Share dollars.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #3554
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
If the PA declines this offer 50/50, bring on the replacement players.

Starting with new develop prospects in the 2013 draft will be our future superstars, existing high roll players can go Europe or stay with a pay cut. Then the only thing that matters will be World Championships (huge in Europe) and Olympics.
No right-minded pro hockey player would play the role of “replacement player” | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com

Quote:
One player on the AHL/NHL bubble that would likely be asked to take part in any theoretical “replacement player” scenario was quick and forthright in their response when asked if they would cross over.

“There’s no way. That kind of thing stays with you for your entire career,” said the player. “Guys want to make it to the NHL the right way and be accepted by the brotherhood of players. That would never happen for anybody that crossed the lines while the lockout is going on. Good luck finding players willing to do that.”
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3555
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Option 1 - Fixed Shares

Fixed dollar amounts in years 1-3, taking share to under 51 per cent at the end of three years if hockey-related revenues (HRR) grows at its historical average (7.2 per cent).
In years four and five, NHLPA would accept 50 per cent of HRR as long as players' share wouldn't fall below the third year's level.
If HRR grows faster than the 5 per cent Bettman has said the NHLPA receives an extra increment, but share would still be based on 50 per cent.
Player concessions total $800-million if HRR grows at 5 per cent a year, $1.1-billion if HRR grows at the historical rate (7.2 per cent) of the past ten years.

Option 2 - Milestones

The faster revenues grow, the faster players' share goes to 50 per cent, and more money NHL saves.
If league revenues grow at 5 per cent per year, players' share will equal 50 per cent in year five. To get there, players' share equals $1.883-billion (same level as last year), plus 24.7 percent of any new HRR, allowing share time to fall to 50 percent.
Once HRR crosses $4.216-billion level, players' share is equal to 50 percent of level suggested by 5 percent annual growth rate and 57 percent of any increment to HRR above the 5 percent annual growth rate up to 7.2 percent; and 61 percent of HRR increment over 7.2 percent annual growth rate level.
Player concessions total $854-million if HRR grows at 5 percent a year, $1.059-billion if HRR grows at the historical rate (7.2%) of the past 10 years.

Option 3 - Make Whole

Takes the players' share to 50/50 immediately.
Contracts that were signed before the lockout are valued for both share and cap purposes at 87 per cent of the contract's cash and cap value in any year these deals are in force. This is because the 50 per cent, once benefits are accounted for, represents a 13 per cent cut in total player pay. This 13 per cent does not count towards share or club salary cap.
This is done to protect players who signed long-term deals.
It says that players will accept 50 per cent for new contracts, but the owners must live by their word for past agreements.
Over time, these older deals will wind down. By year 5 the majority of the current contracts will be out of the system and the share will reach 50 per cent.
The owners would be assured of $750-million in savings.
Crosby and fellow players miffed at NHL's quick rejection | Hockey | CBC Sports

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #3556
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Side event.

Pacific is having a promo for stitching for the lockout.

Pacific Coast Cresting

$39 for name and number.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #3557
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Side event.

Pacific is having a promo for stitching for the lockout.

Pacific Coast Cresting

$39 for name and number.
What's the regular price on this again?

I'm actually going to do it.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #3558
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I bet the Wild's GM is one of the dudes that want to have a roll back on salaries haha
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
I bet the Wild's GM is one of the dudes that want to have a roll back on salaries haha
i bet it was the owner and not the GM. because you know the owner is the one that actually pays them
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #3560

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
i bet it was the owner and not the GM. because you know the owner is the one that actually pays them
ah yes. the money sucking owners
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #3561
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
$39?

That's sooo cheap!

I believe it was 100+ before.

Time to go get mine stitched
Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #3562
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Have anyone heard about the Luongo to Toronto rumours before the lockout that the Canucks were asking for Bozak too?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #3563

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
$39?

That's sooo cheap!

who are you going to get? Tell me you're going to get Lu!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #3564
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Have anyone heard about the Luongo to Toronto rumours before the lockout that the Canucks were asking for Bozak too?
Gillis has since come out and said its untrue. The rumours are/were that Gillis wanted Tyler Bozak, Jake Gardiner, a first round pick and Matt Frattin. That's asking the moon for Luongo. Based on the rumour I doubt they are close to a deal.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #3565

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
$39?

That's sooo cheap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
What's the regular price on this again?

I'm actually going to do it.
Original price is $62 after taxes. 39+tax is good
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #3566
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Gillis has since come out and said its untrue. The rumours are/were that Gillis wanted Tyler Bozak, Jake Gardiner, a first round pick and Matt Frattin. That's asking the moon for Luongo. Based on the rumour I doubt they are close to a deal.
pretty sure Damien Cox said it was Bozak, Frattin, Komisarek, and a 1st
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #3567

Yeah jayare... I'm so sure Gillis wanted a capdump and a useless player like KOMISAREK.

Cmon, don't use your shawn79/Big Earl logic now
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #3568

Quote:
who are you going to get? Tell me you're going to get Lu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Original price is $62 after taxes. 39+tax is good

I asked collectors den and it was like 99$ + tax

Now I am pretty excited.

I have 3 jerseys now without names... all Authentic and I wanted to stitch em last year... never did... also wanted to stitch the stanley cup finals patch as well.

I was going to stitch Hodgson before the trade and I had a feeling he was going to get traded... which sucks...

Now I am thinking Burrows since he got signed again... and Kesler for sure.

Now I am thinking who for the last one....
Old 10-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #3569

Yeah collectors den is 99+tax. Pacific Coast Cresting is usually 62$ after taxes but they're having their sale.

Get Schneider for your 3rd jersey [wait for Lu to be traded JUST IN CASE]
Old 10-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #3570
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
It's ironic cuz wasn't he one of the owners preaching about signing players to multi year big money contracts as a bad thing?
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #3571
Rs has made me the man i am today!

More cancellations

Quote:
NHL announces cancellation of 2012-13 regular-season schedule through November 1
Friday, 10.19.2012 / 1:55 PM / News
NHL.com

NEW YORK – The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through November 1. A total of 135 regular-season games were scheduled for Oct. 11 through Nov. 1.

The cancellation was necessary because of the absence of a Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #3572
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Yeah jayare... I'm so sure Gillis wanted a capdump and a useless player like KOMISAREK.

Cmon, don't use your shawn79/Big Earl logic now
If it came with a 1st, Frattin, and Bozak, I'm sure he would do it.

He already traded for a cap dump named Ballard
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #3573
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Ballard is a better player and a better cap hit than Komisarek
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #3574

Quote:
Yeah collectors den is 99+tax. Pacific Coast Cresting is usually 62$ after taxes but they're having their sale.

Get Schneider for your 3rd jersey [wait for Lu to be traded JUST IN CASE]
I am holding back haha and waiting, I am really interested in getting Schneider
Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #3575
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

anyone still on the players side?