REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #7751
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMarko View Post
.... and this is considered bad?! what do you do when people score?

this is why i prefer to spend my 250-300 at a bar to watch canuck games over 2 tix, bad food, small beers and terrible atmosphere.
That 250-300 would get you a shit load of food and $8.50 Sapporo pitchers at Ebisu Broadway...although it's again a quiet atmosphere, with a mixed crowd of young, old, familes...
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #7752
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
That 250-300 would get you a shit load of food and $8.50 Sapporo pitchers at Ebisu Broadway...although it's again a quiet atmosphere, with a mixed crowd of young, old, familes...
Or three coked up hookers and a dozen Sapporo tall-boys to watch at home. That'll be a n exciting enough atmosphere for ya.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #7753
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

it would be 250-300 at rogers. obviously, it will be significantly less at a bar therefore saving money. crowd of the bar will depend on where you go.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #7754
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I was sitting at Section 305. They were very VERY annoying the whole game. I feel bad for the people sitting below them.
And attitudes like this is why I stopped going to games. People don't remember the days of the Colliseum when blue collar folk could go to games, cheer on the boys such as Smyl, Lidster, and Snepts, and blow off some steam for $20 in the upper blues.

My sports money is now spent on the Whitecaps. I'm going to be sitting in the Southside for the Whitecaps home opener on March 2.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #7755

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
I wen't to watch Boston game 1 and it was center ice balcony 1st row.

The stadium was loud when it needed to be.

Something I will remember from that game and I love hearing when I go to games is the passing. When I hear tape to tape pass' it just makes me smile. Listening to the players talk as well.

I don't mind a loud and exciting crowd but I love listening to game sounds. I'm a quiet nervous fan when I attend games. (nail bitter)
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #7756
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
I wen't to watch Boston game 1 and it was center ice balcony 1st row.

The stadium was loud when it needed to be.

Something I will remember from that game and I love hearing when I go to games is the passing. When I hear tape to tape pass' it just makes me smile. Listening to the players talk as well.

I don't mind a loud and exciting crowd but I love listening to game sounds. I'm a quiet nervous fan when I attend games. (nail bitter)
You were up in the balcony and you could hear the players talk? Maybe a call for a pass, but actually talk?!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #7757

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
You were up in the balcony and you could hear the players talk? Maybe a call for a pass, but actually talk?!
Obviously I meant call for a pass/curse/yell w/e. I'm sure you knew what I meant.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #7758
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I was sitting at Section 305. They were very VERY annoying the whole game. I feel bad for the people sitting below them.

When Hansen scored... they sang/chanted JANNIK HANSEN
As a consolation prize, some guy in the last row in Section 301 got a free signed jersey.
Lol you are what's wrong with Canucks games
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #7759
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
And attitudes like this is why I stopped going to games. People don't remember the days of the Colliseum when blue collar folk could go to games, cheer on the boys such as Smyl, Lidster, and Snepts, and blow off some steam for $20 in the upper blues.

My sports money is now spent on the Whitecaps. I'm going to be sitting in the Southside for the Whitecaps home opener on March 2.
Posted via RS Mobile
Soccer is known for having more zealous supporters (ultras), hockey really doesn't have that. That being said, I've been to plenty of Canucks games and Rogers Arena is far from quiet. No, there isn't non stop chanting/cheering/cacophony, but there's a healthy enough amount to show that people are into the game. Did the Southsiders have good intentions? Sure they did. But what they did wasn't fair to the people behind them. People buy tickets for the South side at 'Caps games *knowing* they'll be standing and chanting all game. If that's not your style, then you don't sit there...That works. I'd be choked showing up to a Canucks game having a bunch of people going non stop the whole time. Why? Because I enjoy watching the game, that's why people are there in the first place.

An attitude like yours is why people don't like the Southsiders. They all have that same feeling that if you aren't doing what they're doing you aren't a true fan. Believe it or not, that holier-than-thou attitude has rubbed a ton of other Whitecaps fans the wrong way.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #7760
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Looks like Malhotra is going to retire...News conference to come from the Canucks soon.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #7761
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Manny Malhotra place on IR...

shocking..I know

as for the southsiders, I fucking loved it as I was a section beside them
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #7762
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
Looks like Malhotra is going to retire...
Shittt, I thought you were just trolling.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #7763

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
nooooooo my jerseyyyy

least hes retiring as a Canuck
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #7764
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E60_M5 View Post
Looks like Malhotra is going to retire...News conference to come from the Canucks soon.
So far, it's only been announced he'll miss the season..but I guess it's common sense he'll retire
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #7765
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I love when fans get into the game and provide atmosphere with loud cheering, chants, etc... I always have a blast at Seahawks games and it is truly an amazing atmosphere and fun.

However having witnessed the Southsiders at Whitecaps game and bars, IMO they are a bunch of annoying borderline douchebags and full of holy than thou bullshit attitude, so I can see how other ticket holders inside Rogers Arena and Rogers Arena staff and/or Canucks' employees didn't welcome them being there.

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
The bottom line on Manny Malhotra: there are deep concerns his eye injury/vision are not at level to allow him to safely play the game.
Quote:
Malhotra is reportedly not prepared to formally retire at this time but he's been shut down for balance of the season.
Quote:
I would expect Malhotra to function as an unofficial assistant coach for balance of season, working with players in VAN and AHL CHI.

Last edited by 7seven; 02-14-2013 at 10:44 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #7766
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
So far, it's only been announced he'll miss the season..but I guess it's common sense he'll retire
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah, with his contract running out and how hes been playing after the eye injury. Great guy and unfortunate with his injury.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #7767
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

OKAY until he announces retirement, hes on IR
Setback on eye injury because vision is not where it should be to play Safely(remember he took a "personal" day off on monday)

Kesler could slot in on Friday

All from Mckenzie

But even if its from Bob, its all speculation
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #7768
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

I trust Bob, Nuff said

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #7769
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Bob has been very reliable. Will be very sad when Manny retires.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #7770
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
Bob never gives BS and only says things that are legit. If its not legit he wont say it.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #7771
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Its the Kesler thing
not so muhc on Manny

Just because its Kesler
haha

and yes I know he is very very reliable
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #7772
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,684 Posts
For some reason, I've never cared much about the loud cheering or LIVE atmosphere.
If I had playoff tickets, I would easily sell them in a heart beat, and instead,
watch the game at home with commentary where I get the best angles of "seeing the play",
and I'm not shafted when the play is "on the other side".

When a game is important, I'm really focused on it.
The more important the game is, the less distracted I want to be.

I've come to the point that I almost HAVE TO watch playoffs alone.
Because I can't stand distraction from people, especially when playoffs
is the perfect time for a mass amount of bandwagoners who know nothing about hockey or canucks to join in.

I need to be absolutely sober, I need to catch every play, and I celebrate and rage on RS,
with whoever else is there at the moment.
It's my personal "best way" of watching the game.

Oh, and ever since the Malhotra eye incident, I cringe when valuable players don't use visors.
I really wished Kassian would put on a visor. Every player with an eye injury puts on one AFTERWARD.
kind of late...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 02-14-2013 at 11:45 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #7773
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Thats the way it should be at hockey games. People are way to stuck up at the games talking about what happened at work today or what a great lunch they had. Pisses me off when people complain about things like this when it creates a better atmosphere during the game.
I think the main issue is the fact these guys were standing/leaning forward. Once you do that, other people can't watch the game. That's my super pet peeve going to GM place when people lean forward and then I can't see.

As for the noise, I can probably tolerate it. But I also hate it when people explain the game and have this need to commentate during the entire game non stop to his girl friend who isn't even interested in hockey.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #7774
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Everyone's different, not everyone is a rowdy person but I think there can be a happy medium. I don't mind people being loud at a sporting event, if there's a goal or a big play especially...cheering at the top of your longs all game long when not much is going on I'd start to get annoyed if it was overly loud. One thing that would piss me off is someone constantly standing up in front of me. Get up when they score otherwise down in front motherfucker!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #7775
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I don't care what the intro song is as long as the goal song gets swapped to...

This post thanked by:
Closed Thread